The N Award: A master plan? (1 Viewer)

HSC
As you all know right now at this time of the year (June of 2023) we can't change any courses

I've been waiting to change one of my courses for a long time now

After one of my dreams has been shattered I'll pursue it again, this time a different strategy

I'm required to slave away all my hours in this course I hate and no one will let me change it

I'm planning to get an N Award by refusing to complete all assessments in that particular subject from now on so that the teacher can kick me out finally

I'm wondering though, what happens if I get 3 N letters?

The best possibility would be if I get kicked out of this subject but can still prove myself in other subjects because I'm by no means a lazy student I just don't like this subject

The other possibility is failure; I don't want to repeat the whole year

Can someone tell me how it actually works? I don't want to repeat the whole year, outline what happens to me once I get the prestigious award.

Last edited:

HSC
I presume you are doing 12 units and are in year 11.

To gain the HSC credential and an ATAR, you must satisfactorily complete 12 units of year 11 courses.
If you get an N award you will not meet this requirement and be unable to get a HSC or ATAR.

The best thing to do in your situation if you really hate the subject is do the bare minimum to complete the course and drop it ASAP.

HSC
I presume you are doing 12 units and are in year 11.

To gain the HSC credential and an ATAR, you must satisfactorily complete 12 units of year 11 courses.
If you get an N award you will not meet this requirement and be unable to get a HSC or ATAR.

The best thing to do in your situation if you really hate the subject is do the bare minimum to complete the course and drop it ASAP.
Okay, am I right in analyzing your statement as, "If you get 3 N letters you will be disqualified from attending the HSC in ALL subjects?"

HSC
I'm not sure what an N letter is.
Once you have gotten 3 N award warnings, you can get a N determination at the end of the course. This means you did not satisfactorily complete the course.

If you get an N determination, you will not get a HSC credential, or an ATAR (effectively excluding you from most tertiary admissions). Pretty much as far as admissions cares you only completed year 10.

You won't be stopped from doing other HSC subjects, but at the end, you will not actually get anything out of it.

HSC
Just put barely any effort in Y11 and drop in Y12, why risk the consequences of the whole N letter system
Yeah that's true, again I don't have any goals yet; I don't even know the game

That's why I'm asking people here otherwise I wouldn't hesitate getting this "award"

My teacher is SUPER STRICT and would sometimes look at me, they do actually show everyone's marks, assignments etc. on the smartboard so you can't really get away with low effort plus we're doing long format essay bullshit so you can't really get away with low effort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)