the new afi album (1 Viewer)

Ashtree

HSC
I prefer their slightly older album 'Sing the Sorrow'.

It's more emotionally driven, without being classified as 'emo' music.
Their lyrics are more... deeper, as such, instead of the fast-paced punk rock.

HSC
eh, i think its been a downhill slide since the art of drowning .. actually i don't know what i'm talking about, i liked sing the sorrow quite a bit. still doesn't live up to their older stuff though.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I heard its shit.

Fuckers missed BDO just to finish one fucking song for this album.

lame.

Sing the Sorrow is the best.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
My fave was Art of Drowning as well.
But still, best song by them evahhhhhhh = the boy who destroyed the world :uhhuh:

HSC
fuck yeah, i loved that song .. it reminds me of spending like every night with my friends in the summer holidays playing tony hawk pro skater :eek: haha.

Legham

HSC
Is their new album out already? I thought it wasn't out til June/July. Or did it get leaked?
I have the song Rabbits Are Roadkill from their new album and i liked that!

G

Gavvvvvin

Hahaha holy shit Kill Caustic is awesome much harder than miss murder...probabaly the hardest shit theyve done since shut your mouth....this song mops the floor with miss murder

Daveys got some nice screams in there...and as always some nice catchya s fuck backing vocals on the chorus :D

Have a listen
http://www.fanscape.com/popup_blocker.aspx?id=2977&

Last edited by a moderator:

Legham

HSC
ahh, don't know why i thought rabbits was from the album.. I'm listenin to the album now :D I'ts pretty awesome, imo. I dig the screams and heavy shizzle in it.

G

Gavvvvvin

Well rabbits will be on the uk version of the album...although it was recorded during the STS sessions...their head like a hole cover will also be on there which is totally awesome :D

G

Gavvvvvin

The album leaked...its fucking awesome.

Its like nothing they've ever done before...if your looking for punk, this aint the album for you. Lol this album certainly doesnt bring the mosh...except for maybe Kill Caustic :p

Its all really dark and cold sounding, but still pop at the same time...and theres a lot more electronic elements in their music now.

Heres the intro Prelude 12/21 for anyone who cares to listen...its good but no Miseria Cantare :p
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C66AC86F4AC41A89

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam

HSC
I downloaded this the other day, expecting to be dissapointed, and being dissapointed the first listen through.

Then it clicked.

And grew.

It's good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)