• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The next revolution? (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Nah we dont take Revelations very seriously. There will be a second coming and vindication of all the faithful, but it's sadly pointless and counter-productive to dwell on the gnashing of teeth etc. It gives us big heads m8

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hmm. I can see you guys are leaning towards a region revolution in the middle east.

but what im looking for is something that'll completely reshape the world as we know it today.

ok continue....
Why a revolution? If you want to reshape the world as we know today maybe a natural disaster on the scale we haven't seen before would do the trick. A super volcano, or maybe another meteor? Or maybe just dramatic increase in global tempreture that will cause food and water shortages like we have never seen before.
I'll go get my popcorn and see what happens.

cottoneye

HSC
N/A
I'm guessing that you are referring to political revolutions? I would say they are nigh on impossible to predict as if there were obvious it is likely none of them would succeed. Looking more than a few years into the future is always dangerous. Who at the beginning of the twentieth century would have predicted we would have the power to destroy our own planet 60 years later, who after WWI predicted WWII, who in 1980 predicted the end of the Cold War?

If I were compelled to put something forward, I would suggest a change in the way states relate to one another as they move into more consolidated regional entities such as the European Union. Hardly the similar to the French revolution, but revolutionary in its own right, especially if you are a realist.

MJ-47

HSC
I'm guessing that you are referring to political revolutions? I would say they are nigh on impossible to predict as if there were obvious it is likely none of them would succeed. Looking more than a few years into the future is always dangerous. Who at the beginning of the twentieth century would have predicted we would have the power to destroy our own planet 60 years later, who after WWI predicted WWII, who in 1980 predicted the end of the Cold War?

If I were compelled to put something forward, I would suggest a change in the way states relate to one another as they move into more consolidated regional entities such as the European Union. Hardly the similar to the French revolution, but revolutionary in its own right, especially if you are a realist.
Thank you.... a real answer. you win one internet kind sir

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Doubt it. The core British attachment to the monarchy (for better or worse) reaches a depth that we can barely comprehend down here. Theirs is a country bound together by the substance of tradition rather than the shallow gloss of new ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)