The Obernewtyn Chronicles (1 Viewer)

beentherdunthat

HSC
The author is Isobelle Carmody. She's Australian ;)

:wave: Has anyone read them?

beentherdunthat

HSC
simplistic said:
i love her books but i hate her!!!!!
she takes forever to finish the series
lol. The Stone Key (which is the next book) is coming out 29th Oct. --- Can't WAIT! ;)

walrusbear

HSC
i read the first two about ten years ago
i'm amazed she's held out this long on fans. number 5 now?!

i might check them out

beentherdunthat

HSC
walrusbear said:
i read the first two about ten years ago
i'm amazed she's held out this long on fans. number 5 now?!

i might check them out
Yeah they're REALLY good. But you know what, she stopped for a while to write some other books then continued with them again. So there's like a couple of years period between them. I read them a few years ago. They're my favourite books :D

HSC
OMG. I read this when I was in Year 6 or 7. They're awesome. The only thing I remember was how Elspeth and Rushton finally declared their love for each other. :eek: 'Ravek my Elspethlove' LOL. Correct me if I'm wrong.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
OMG. I read this when I was in Year 6 or 7. They're awesome. The only thing I remember was how Elspeth and Rushton finally declared their love for each other. :eek: 'Ravek my Elspethlove' LOL. Correct me if I'm wrong.
lmao. Damn right. ;) That was cute. Took them a whole three books!!! ;)

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
omg that was like one of the best part !!!
october could never come sooner!!!
but what about dragon??
wasnt she jealous about someone?

beentherdunthat

HSC
simplistic said:
omg that was like one of the best part !!!
october could never come sooner!!!
but what about dragon??
wasnt she jealous about someone?
Yeah matthew. She's the red queen ;)

HSC
Yeah I know eh? It was so cute when Elspeth thought he had a thing for some other girl, but all along he was trying to get with her. He didn't have the whole telepathic skill that she had. But Cameo from the first book was one of my favourite characters.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
so shes finally finished the last book? that kinda took a while. maybe she'll get the darksong trilogy finshed sometime soon too.

beentherdunthat

HSC
(enigma) said:
so shes finally finished the last book? that kinda took a while. maybe she'll get the darksong trilogy finshed sometime soon too.
Nope. There's one book coming out on the 29th of oct. and then there's a final book to finish it off. Two more.
I know aye. FINALLY.

Tashw

HSC
I've read them. Liked them so much I brought them lol. I only started them when I was in year 7 or 8 so i feel sorry for anyone who read them ages ago, ho long they've had to wait haha. She's FINALLY bringing out the second last book! Though this book has been put off So many times. I recomend these books to anyone who hasn't read them.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I had to read them in Year 5 or 6, and I hated it. I still haven't read the first book (Obernewtyn), and it's been sitting on my bookshelf, gathering dust for the past five years or so.
I've also seen the rest of the books in the library, it seems way too big for my liking.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Aerath said:
I had to read them in Year 5 or 6, and I hated it. I still haven't read the first book (Obernewtyn), and it's been sitting on my bookshelf, gathering dust for the past five years or so.
I've also seen the rest of the books in the library, it seems way too big for my liking.
Book 1= My favourite book. You HAVE to read it. Have you read any part of it?

The other books are okay. The 4th book is a bit big though ;)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
She's pretty much never ever going to finish it.

I read Book One in year 6. That's like what, 9 or 10 years ago? I read up to the 3rd, bought the 4th, and refused to start reading the 4th until she actually released the 5th. It's been years. I've forgotten EVERYTHING.

I'm now totally excited, so does it means I can read the 4th now??? I hope they were as good as I remember them to be. I read a lot of other sorts of books after Obernewtyn, so my tastes may have changed :(

See that's the downside of taking your sweet ass time! Your readers grow up!

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol yeah, start reading!!! Oct. 29th is the release date for book 5. Yay! (and it's true, i've been reading and re-reading them for the past few years hehe) --- But there's one more book after the 5th :D

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
i read them in yr7 too!! they're still one of my favourite books =] the new covers are cool but then my book covers wont be all the same which is not good =[
CANT WAIT UNTIL THE STONE KEY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)