The Obernewtyn Chronicles (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
See that's the downside of taking your sweet ass time! Your readers grow up!
i'll say!

i'm surprised people still read the series
i didn't realise she'd released another after ashling :confused:

HSC
I thought it ended at 'The Keeping Place' which I didn't try to read cos it was too fat.

J

jhakka

I'm looking forward to this one, but I'm enjoying her Legendsong books more.

I would laugh, but be very annoyed if the release gets put off again.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
mmm well that would answer the question of did she end up splitting it then...i remember reading somewhere ages back that she was struggling to wrap it all up in one book so it was gonna be split into two.
will have to read them all again, i havent read any of them in a few years, cant remember most of the story.

Marinatos

HSC
Have read and own the first two, read the third, but got stuck because I wanted to buy the third but read the fourth, so I never did xD

beentherdunthat

HSC
jhakka said:
I'm looking forward to this one, but I'm enjoying her Legendsong books more.

I would laugh, but be very annoyed if the release gets put off again.
Is Legendsong good? (Will read it ;) )

DOn't SAY THAT... I'D DIE IF SHE PUTS IT OFF!!!!

ekirii

iota
HSC
legendsong is pretty good. however, like most of her stuff, it's taking a while to complete. it's also pretty hefty but the prose is good.

as for obernewtyn, the stone key ... having a moment here! i reread them last holidays and it just renewed my love for the series.

currently i'm actually more interested in the subplots of kella and domick, matthew and dragon, and perhaps dameon, elspeth and rushton. maybe because my friend - another fan - was gushing about OTP.

whatever happens, i believe the release will be fantastic. i just hope they're going to release an edition in the old orange cover.

ekirii

iota
HSC
if only i knew. .. (and then i would go find her and get rid of the problem so she would get the next one out...)

Heliotrope

HSC
A little OT, but do any of guys know if she's written the third/final book of the Darkfall trilogy? It's been so long, I can't recall any details of the plot for the life of me. The second book was huge, too.

Oh yeah, I've read Obernewtyn, and liked it. I'll have to go seek out the sequels once exams are over. I wonder what happened to Ariel?

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
hes basically the evil version of her character from what i remember (she has to save the world, he has to destroy it).

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
hey guys, thanks for recommending this series! I just finished farseekers yesterday, and am really enjoying them. i gotta get the next one!

I'm growing fond of many characters, but wish Jik didnt have to die!

I started reading this series when I was in yr 7/8 but discontinued at the time, probably I wasnt ready for it, I didnt realise she STILL didnt finish the series...

When will the last one come out??

jme650

HSC
Hey does anyone wanna give me a quick summary of what happened in books 1 and 2 so I don't have to get them and read them again? It's been so long since I read them and i only own the third one so i am picking it up from there before buying the new one. What happened to Jik again and with the Agyllian birds and the thinking Elspeth was dead or something.

bleu

HSC
aha.. The Obernewtyn Chronicles are good.

And yes, i second the call for the coming books to be in ye olde orange cover. Otherwise, they would look SO out of place on my bookshelf ! :mad1:

ZJ NingNing

HSC
love the series. they are in my top ten English series! havent read the fifth one though, it will have to wait until after the HSC like everything else in my life... :mad1:

G

gabrielleh

I havn't read the series in AGES.
For the lasy year i've been trying to get them from the library, but everytime I find there in, i go in to get them and someone already took them XD
I'm starting to consider buying them..but i'm cheap lol

beentherdunthat

HSC
^ I is going to buy them. I've read them like a zillion times. She's releasing the new one next month. FINALLLLLY. I would die if she postpones it again.

While we're waiting till february can anyone recommend any good books that they also liked? [I'm hopin that if u guys liked obernewtyn, coz they're my fav., you'll have similar taste ;) ]

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
maybe try garth nix's old kingdom trilogy, or kate elliot's crown of stars series (reading through atm, up to book 3).

kloudsurfer

HSC
I remember the obernewtyn books! I used to read the years ago and then stopped for some reason. They were really good!

Might have to track them down again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)