The odds of failing? (1 Viewer)

psychoballerina

HSC
tell me - what do you think the odds of failing an open book maths test are?

just curious- all u math nerds can do it mathematically or u can just guess.

whatever?

Trev

stix
HSC
The odds are how you make it I suppose. We had an open book test on friday, 'mathematics' one, but it doesn't count for me so I did no study for it, just took my textbook in and used that. Could do all of the questions, and can't think of any errors I made but I would have made some silly ones somewhere. Just know your work to reduce the amount of time you flick through your notes! Even though I used notes I still finished it with 10-12 minutes left. (45 min exam).

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
open book tests for math...vl thats a 1st.....i havent seen that b4

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If anything i reckon itll be higher than failing a closed book one. Wasting all that time trying to search for questions that may or may not have been answered in the book.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
uhh... currysause 99% in ur physics exam?
whats going on there...

i think some easy marking on the long answer questions...

must have been a pretty physics exam aswell... to have more than 70 marks in it..
( to have 1 mark off and only get 1% down)

rama_v

HSC
Our 'open book' tests are not open book at all, the teachers only allow you to take one a4 page in with formulas and that. I hate the open book tests cause they are so much harder than normal exams, and the sheet you bring is is useless, you never look at it because u know all the formulas anyway (at least ifyour a good maths student you shouldnt have to).

Trev

stix
HSC
rama_v said:
Our 'open book' tests are not open book at all, the teachers only allow you to take one a4 page in with formulas and that. I hate the open book tests cause they are so much harder than normal exams, and the sheet you bring is is useless, you never look at it because u know all the formulas anyway (at least ifyour a good maths student you shouldnt have to).
It is different for every school. We were allowed basically anything (textbook, workbook, notes etc), and the teachers don't bother checking what you have with you either.

mouldy_bread

HSC
currysauce said:
don't call us nerd because we use our brains

idiot
you dont even deserve to be called a nerd. nerds are cool, and you m'dear, are just obnoxious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)