I sit here alone
HSC
ahh its now off season
wait till australian open

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
simon² said:
just an observation though, but i'd like to put forward this question, for all of you who bag out some of the worlds best players, how many of you actually play tennis, and on top of that if you do, if you went up against them who would be the shite and uninteresting player then?
interestingly enough, if you guys watch live tennis (i mean actually being there, physically) you'd notice the top players don't hit too many extraordinary shots like you'd imagine, but they are just so incredibly consistent, that when they do go for the big shots, they get them in. another thing, pro players hit everything, and i mean everything, so close to the line, that every shot you'd think they'll be going out.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
is there no one on this forum interested in tennis?

world tennis is coming to aust for the summer, adelaide, sydney, perth and melb.

time to revive this forum

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
wuddie said:
is there no one on this forum interested in tennis?

world tennis is coming to aust for the summer, adelaide, sydney, perth and melb.

time to revive this forum
i like tennis :)

hopman cup starts tomorrow :)

Woo! :)

stariiskiez

HSC
Anyone planning to go to the medibank international? Centre court passes are pretty expensive but what do you expect... may get a ground pass

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i went to see final last yr.

medibank int is pretty crap imo

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The players are average this year. I would have thought Federer and Hingis might represent Switzerland this year at the Hopman Cup :(

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
haha not many top players would bother with hopman cup, they don't earn any points from it.

i am working at the centre court during the medibank int, would love to see some of you there. if not, outside courts are still good, quite an experience i must say.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
who are your tips for the medibank?
cant go past hewitt on home turf but nadals form is fairly smoking....

stariiskiez

HSC
For medibank:
For woman: Henin- Hardenne to defend her crown

for man: Nadal

Really wanna see Henin Hardenne play!!! I wanted to learn a one handed backhand because of her, but couldnt change my grip quick enough so stuck with two ahaha.

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
wuddie said:
haha not many top players would bother with hopman cup, they don't earn any points from it.

i am working at the centre court during the medibank int, would love to see some of you there. if not, outside courts are still good, quite an experience i must say.
im going to medibank on 10th and 11th :) i agree with stariiskiez on henin and nadal! i prefer using the one handed backhand.. justines backhand is awesome u should come see

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jee its gonna be hard not picking hewitt, seeing its home ground and he's won here 4 times already, but nadal will disagree. but my tip is still with hewitt.

i think i'll back henine hardine in the women's, she seems so solid and consistent.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
henin yes

and for men's could be nadal, but what about blake. won there last year. would be exciting to see him play :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
babiisapphire said:
im going to medibank on 10th and 11th :) i agree with stariiskiez on henin and nadal! i prefer using the one handed backhand.. justines backhand is awesome u should come see
i agree that the one handed backhanded is better (more versatile) but it lacks the same power off return of serve...

cant stand when people say henin has the best backhand regardless of gender. utter bullshit

*Minka*

HSC
The Hopman Cup has a decent mens field - Berdych, Robredo and Ancic (who as you can tell, I love. He is a star back in Croatia) and they will produce some good matches. But is is also nice to see some of the younger and up and coming players get a go out there too - like Michaella Krajicek last year and Sania Mirza and Sanja Ancic this year.

Sanja seems to be quite shy, but has a lot of potential to do well and semes a nice kid from all accounts. I quite like Sanja as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)