The Office (2 Viewers)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Whiterabbit said:
The stapler in jelly thing was really funny, but Tim hiding all of Gareths posessions was hilarious.
That's my favourite bit from 'The Office'. I was in hysterics on the floor after that.

And David Brent and the discos..... LOL. *cringe*

Love it.

:D

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It's great... but it's so painful... David Brent is painful. but there really are people like that out there....

ace__3001

HSC
One of my favourite quotes would have to be "Are you going to bring the toys tonight?"
And also when they ask that woman (don't know her name) what she looks for in a man and she says "I like blacks". The reactions are hilarious.

HSC
I love the fart gags.
The whole stapler in jelly/stapler as a murder weapon thing was sooo funny.
Oh, and Gareth looking for his chair is hilarious too.

HSC

mugnet

HSC
By far my favourite comedy..with seinfeld as second

my whole family is obsessed, its like an office-fest every day in our house
there are too many classic moments but the one i have fresh in my mind (i watched it today) is ep 4 series 2...that annoying computer guy when he's talking to gareth about the car racing track.."right so im doing a couple of laps yeah and the guy who runs the place pulls me over and goes "oi, no professionals" i go "i'm not" and he says "well you should be. drive like that and you could be the best formula 1 driver in the country." i said "im not interested, im making shitloads outa computers." haha his face is priceless

mugnet

HSC
sorry, just read back and realised you had said that..must start reading the posts a little more carefully instead of skimming :)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
absolution* said:
What the fuck is The Office (US)?
Its the US version of the BBC series. Basically they reformatted the script to fit in with americans but it is most likely identical to the UK one. Also note the UK 'The Sketch Show' is re-made by FOX with only slight changes.

Generally US studios are so big that they can in fact bother do this with hit overseas programming instead of airing imports. Word was that some US network planned to make a US version of Home and Away using original scripts edited for the US!

I've never seen The Office and will be following the NBC version.

ChrisE

HSC
i saw it on myspace a couple of weeks ago and didnt laugh once. while the original office has me in tears of laughter every episode. words cant describe my disapointment that this has occured.

routemarker

HSC
ChrisE said:
i saw it on myspace a couple of weeks ago and didnt laugh once. while the original office has me in tears of laughter every episode. words cant describe my disapointment that this has occured.
lol probably why i loved it because i havnt seen the UK version, sort of like seeing the US survivor then seeing the craptacular aust version. I dont want to spoil it by watching the UK vesrion though. Putting stationary into jelly = hilarity

HSC
routemarker said:
Its the US version of the BBC series. Basically they reformatted the script to fit in with americans but it is most likely identical to the UK one. Also note the UK 'The Sketch Show' is re-made by FOX with only slight changes.
I bet it was the accents. They can't accept anything good from other countries, they have to salvage it and make it their own. Bloody Americans.

I haven't seen any of it, but looking at the pictures, that guy's facial expressions will never match up to David Brent. And I don't see how anyone could call him 'lard-boy', 'you beardy gimp' or 'absolutely flabulous'.

routemarker said:
I've never seen The Office and will be following the NBC version.
Don't do it!! Watch the BBC one first!!

routemarker

HSC
whiterabbit said:
I bet it was the accents. They can't accept anything good from other countries, they have to salvage it and make it their own. Bloody Americans.

I haven't seen any of it, but looking at the pictures, that guy's facial expressions will never match up to David Brent. And I don't see how anyone could call him 'lard-boy', 'you beardy gimp' or 'absolutely flabulous'.

Don't do it!! Watch the BBC one first!!
Ha too bad i already saw the whole series, season 2 has got the green light and will premiere in the fall. Screw the BBC version :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)