Zeus!

Banned
HSC
N/A
sweet_as said:
there you are brogan, an Aussie rules thread

discuss all things footy here

and it looks like the swans have copped a hiding from Essendon :(
Yeah, cept your thread sucks fuckin wang and mine rocks the world.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
ahhh the swannies were woeful tonite, they had a chance to come back during the 3rd quarter but they never relly took the opportunity. I'm sure there're just a bit rusty coz their senior players didn't play much during the preseason. Hopefully they'll do better next week.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Thought so (swans losing)
They got hammered in the first quarter, and Essendon would've killed themselves if they lost from there.

Swans will have a poor record in the first month I think, but hopefully they'll make a charge like they did last season when they settle down (and forget about last year)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Every year under Roos, the Swans have started the season poorly. Remember, last season they were 2-4 after six rounds, and they had a very real chance of being 2-5, only beating Essendon at Telstra Stadium by two points (from memory) in Round 7.

From there, they had a record like 19-2 for the rest of the season. 19-3, whatever.

I didn't get to watch the match last night because I was out, but t'was getting regular score updates.

As usual, we started to make a comeback .. on this occasion, they didn't have the stamina to continue it.

I'm not too upset by their loss last night, because it's almost a given with the Swans now. Next week against Port will be a big match .. hopefully I can get out to watch it.

rewster

HSC
I'm not worried for the Swans, once they return to Sydney they will find their feet. I think they will kill Port Power.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
the pressure will certainly be on sydney this weekend, being first home game after winning the premiership n all, hopefully the boys will notch up 4 points

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Of course, with the Power losing at home to the Kangas, they'll be pretty desperate too.

And coming up to Sydney has been pretty favourable to the Power in the past ..

But you'd like to think that Sydney will just have too much firepower up front.

I'm going to give it a few games to see how we're really going, but boy, I think we'll seriously miss Jason Ball in the ruck. As well as playing as the tall forward when required ..

I can still remember being at the SCG for a game against Freo a couple of years back, and he nailed one from the 50 on the boundary (non-preferred side for a right-footer). That's because he was kicking about five metres away from me :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmm, I think Jolly will step up this year - he's a good ruckman and is gaining experience rapidly

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
...Dont know how to play real football... forced to kick long and losing every time... try to play for the ball up and caught holding the ball.. try to hold up the marking player and give away 50. Slow. Skills are low. New rules have killed them as they can't play the stoppage game that won them a flag. Can't even adapt to the new kick in rule as they can't even find targets.

Their entire game plan is ruined. Wont see the finals this year.

TNguyen

HSC
Nooooooo swans got hammered, stopped watching wen they were behind by bout 50

beabenn

tambourine man
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
...Dont know how to play real football... forced to kick long and losing every time... try to play for the ball up and caught holding the ball.. try to hold up the marking player and give away 50. Slow. Skills are low. New rules have killed them as they can't play the stoppage game that won them a flag. Can't even adapt to the new kick in rule as they can't even find targets.

Their entire game plan is ruined. Wont see the finals this year.
That's a bit harsh. It's still early in the season. You don't win flags in round two.
However, the swans were very ordinary. Leo Barry especially...he is really bad man on man. Lucky, tredrea wasn't playing...
Anyway, it might be a tight one next week against Carlton..Barry will have his hands full with the willie mason lookallike fevola

Brad1989

HSC
i think the swans are just out of touch at the moment.
hopefully it wont take too long for them to get back to their best.

i reckon goodes played really crap yesterday- too worried about trying to get the free or going for teh man instread of the ball.

still a disappointing opening to a season where they are meant to be the reigning premiers...

we should win against the blues

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Of course, with the Power losing at home to the Kangas, they'll be pretty desperate too.

And coming up to Sydney has been pretty favourable to the Power in the past ..
Well, looks like I was spot-on with that assessment.

Carlton is now a must-win match. A 0-3 start to the season for the reigning Premiers would be a big hit to get up from.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
DRAGONZ said:
Well, looks like I was spot-on with that assessment.

Carlton is now a must-win match. A 0-3 start to the season for the reigning Premiers would be a big hit to get up from.
Well, remember they were 2 wins, 4 losses before they made their run last year, so you can't write them off yet.

But I think its a combination of the new rules, teams doing their homework and not letting Sydney play their game, and the premiership hangover (players can say they are focused, but what do they feel inside?)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Not writing them off at all! Just saying that 0-3 is hard to recover from. Granted, my Dragons were 0-4 last year and still finished equal Minor Premiers, but they had the individual talent at their disposal. Sydney don't quite have that.

A 1-2 start would be acceptable for Sydney, considering their typically slow starts to each season since Roos has coached.

We'll get there .. Leo Barry is just playing shit at the moment, and we are really missing Tadgh Kennelly (who is partners in crime with Leaping). That is the difference between Sydney copping 12 goals or copping 18. Also, the impetus they provide for the attack shouldn't go unnoticed.

T

Testpilot

1. We need to remember that the Swans tend to start seasons slowly.

2. After success the the Swans struggle in the next season (e.g. after the '96 grand final loss the Swans finished 11th i think in '97)

3. Sydney's new recruits haven't yet performed up to what's expected.

4. The Swans have started their first 2 games slowly and only played half a game. If the start well they will win.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Woot Woot

Go the Swans!

Record breaking victory

180-62

WE RULE!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Was the best display I've ever seen from them, since I've supported them .. which started circa 1996 Grand Final, when I was 8.

Suddenly Western Bulldogs next week look like a "should-win" game, considering injuries to a couple of their key players which has led to their form slump.

After that is Hawthorn, which we should win based on their effort tonight against Brisbane .. and then St Kilda match should be a cracker, before heading to Manuka Oval in Canberra to take on the Kangas, who seem like a bit of a bogey side for us lately.

However, it is conceivable that the Swannies could be 8-3 after 11, which would be amazing!

Anyone listen to the Eagles vs Pies game tonight? It was a cracker! I listened to the last quarter, and the tension was high .. Collingwood are certainly a force in 2006.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)