The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Portugal (POR) 47%
Italy (ITA) 41%
Germany (GER) 4%
Argentina (ARG) 3%
France (FRA) 3%
Brazil (BRA) 2%

That's for most entertaining team. I find that unbelievable to be honest, that Germany and Argentina got such a low percent.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Bah that was disgraceful..
Firstly the ref didnt see it, secondly the linesman didnt see it either - unless he was retard - he saw the incident and didnt act on it. I mean WTF is going with FIFA and its referees.

Secondly, there was no red card shown to materazzi for his racial slurs? or at least a yellow card for provokation. Thirdly a video reply was used- this is not allowed rite?

Lastly, WTF is wrong with Zidane, he headbutts a player wtf? normally punching, kicking, shovinh pushing etc , but who headbutts? .. bizarree..

Lastly improvements for the next world cup.

1. Get rid of the red cards, and instead issue fines thats rite money. SO maybe $5000 for late tackle in the box or somethin.
2. Yellow cards for warnings, and yellow cards to players who ask for the card to be given, and yellow cards for divin.
3. Video replays used, to determine any fouls inside the box, to determine whether a penalty is to be given or not. Actually all incidents in the box must go the video ref.
4. Get rid of penalty shootouts. There is very little skill involved. a gud solution, would be to reduce the number of players on the pitch to minium of 7 a side after every few minutes. Or maybe, determine, through using the stats, possesion, shots on target, corners and create a formula to determine th ewinner after extra time.
5. Tournament structure needs to be changed, clearly italy were no the best team and did not deserve the world cup. Italy played 7 matches to proceed to the final, thats not enough in my opinion. A better format would four groups of eight, where each plays each other once.
so A, B, C, D - top two of each group progess to second round consisting one group of eight. where they play each for the top four spots to determine semi-final.
that way way if italy had made it through they would played, 16 mathces (i think). This also means they would have played the other top teams to progress.

just some suggestions.

so wats ur WORLD CUP XI,
Goalies
Buffon, brillaint save against zidane's header.
Lehmann - i though he played really well
Defenders
Cannovaro
Neil
Lahm
Sorin
thuram
Midfielders
Zidane
Frings?
Pirlo
Deco
Forwards
Klose
Crespo
Robinho
Delgado

i am sure u can do better..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
WTF? highlighted all the wtfs..
he Mastercard All Star Team is as follows:

Goalkeepers
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Jens Lehmann (Germany), Ricardo (Portugal)

Defenders
Roberto Ayala (Argentina), John Terry (England), Lilian Thuram (France), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal)

Midfielders
Ze Roberto (Brazil), Patrick Vieira (France), Zinedine Zidane (France), Michael Ballack (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Francesco Totti (Italy), Luis Figo (Portugal), Maniche (Portugal)

Forwards
Hernan Crespo (Argentina), Thierry Henry (France), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Luca Toni (Italy)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
HotShot said:
Firstly the ref didnt see it, secondly the linesman didnt see it either - unless he was retard - he saw the incident and didnt act on it. I mean WTF is going with FIFA and its referees.
Thirdly a video reply was used- this is not allowed rite?
The fourth official (cantolejo) saw it i think.

Secondly, there was no red card shown to materazzi for his racial slurs? or at least a yellow card for provokation.
How can we know for sure what he said? If a player automatically receives a red for receiving a headbutt, an Italian player could just "sacrifice" himself and headbutt Zidane.

1. Get rid of the red cards, and instead issue fines thats rite money. SO maybe $5000 for late tackle in the box or somethin.
fines mean nothing to millionare footballers when the world cup is the prize on offer

4. Get rid of penalty shootouts. There is very little skill involved. a gud solution, would be to reduce the number of players on the pitch to minium of 7 a side after every few minutes. Or maybe, determine, through using the stats, possesion, shots on target, corners and create a formula to determine th ewinner after extra time.
I hope this is a joke :)

5. Tournament structure needs to be changed, clearly italy were no the best team and did not deserve the world cup. Italy played 7 matches to proceed to the final, thats not enough in my opinion. A better format would four groups of eight, where each plays each other once.
so A, B, C, D - top two of each group progess to second round consisting one group of eight. where they play each for the top four spots to determine semi-final.
that way way if italy had made it through they would played, 16 mathces (i think). This also means they would have played the other top teams to progress.
No. Seven matches is plenty after a long and tiring football season.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
HotShot said:

Secondly, there was no red card shown to materazzi for his racial slurs? or at least a yellow card for provokation. Thirdly a video reply was used- this is not allowed rite?

Lastly, WTF is wrong with Zidane, he headbutts a player wtf? normally punching, kicking, shovinh pushing etc , but who headbutts? .. bizarree..

Lastly improvements for the next world cup.

2. Yellow cards for warnings, and yellow cards to players who ask for the card to be given, and yellow cards for divin.
3. Video replays used, to determine any fouls inside the box, to determine whether a penalty is to be given or not. Actually all incidents in the box must go the video ref.

just some suggestions.

so wats ur WORLD CUP XI,
Goalies
Defenders
Cannovaro
Neil
Lahm
Sorin
thuram
Midfielders
Zidane
Frings?
Pirlo
Deco
Forwards
Klose
Crespo
Robinho
Delgado

lol, some of that was soooo random! XD!

johnvando

HSC
It is official

Materazzi's name before he became a pro footballer was MaterNAZI

sly fly

HSC
Re: It is official

Revealed: The disgusting abuse that sparked Zidane's fury
By BETH HALE and PETER ALLEN, Daily Mail

22:03pm 10th July 2006

It is the question on every football fan's lips. What did the Italian footballer say to prompt Zinedine Zidane's shocking headbutt in the closing moments of Sunday's World Cup final?

The answer, it has emerged, was a vile stream of racial and personal abuse.

First Marco Matterazzi called the French star the Italian equivalent of 'n*****', and then insulted both his mother and his Muslim background by saying he is the 'son of a terrorist whore.

The revelation will prove even more of an embarrassment to football's governing body than the ironic award of player of the tournament to French captain Zidane.

To millions of television viewers around the world it appeared as if the two sportsman were enjoying a jocular exchange, until the moment Zidane lowered his head and sent his opponent plummeting to the ground.

With the help of an expert lip reader the Daily Mail was able to decipher what led to the violent outburst.

First defender Marco Materazzi spoke in Italian - a language understood by Zidane who once played for Italian side Juventus - grabbed his opponent and told him 'hold on, wait, that one's not for a n***** like you.'

It is not clear whether the Italian was referring to the ball heading their way or his own groping of Zidane.

The expert, who can lip read foreign languages phonetically and translate with the aid of an Italian interpreter, was unable to see what Zidane said in reply.

But she saw that as the players walked forward Materazzi said: 'We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore.'

Then, just before the headbutt, he was seen saying,: 'So just f*** off.'

The translation tallies with the words of Zidane's agent who said the player had told him the Italian made a 'very serious' comment.

'Zinedine didn't want to talk about it but it will all come out in the next week,' said Alain Miglaccio.

'He is a man who normally lets things wash over him but on Sunday night something exploded inside him.'

To some observers who saw Zidane floor his opponent with nine minutes to go, that description might appear an understatement.

The 34-year-old midfielder was red carded in a move that did his side no favours as they went on to lose the final on penalties.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=395046&in_page_id=1770

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
HotShot said:
so wats ur WORLD CUP XI,
Goalies
Defenders
Cannovaro
Neil
Lahm
Sorin
thuram
Midfielders
Zidane
Frings?
Pirlo
Deco
Forwards
Klose
Crespo
Robinho
Delgado

Buddy what exactly did Robinho do this tournament? I'd have Torres in there ahead of him.

sly fly

HSC
fush said:
Sorry but what game were u watching. Wasn't it France that got awarded a dubious penalty ( clear dive) which then bounced off the cross bar, in the goal and back out. And wasn't it Italy that hit the cross bar and was cancelled a goal.

And to talk about Fair Play. Henry stopped the game for a good 2 minutes at the very start. He looked almost dead but suddenely came back to life without any trouble. And then the Zidane incident...

Also what 'cheating' do you refer to exactly?

at the end it was actually barthez and france wasting time to reach the penalties.
I didn't say France were angels, only that they're angels compared to Italy. And you've got to be kidding me about France wasting time.....France was playing a very fast game and was always on the move whereas Italy looked dead.You're right about Henry though, he is a drama queen. Here's just one example of the disgusting behaviour employed by the Italians:

http://acmilanvn.com/anh/totti_spit3.jpg

That was when Totti spat at Christian Paulsen not once but three times in the match against Denmark.

fush

HSC
yea totti can be fag but does also have his moments of brilliance, but dont generalise the whole italian team as being cheaters, because they are not

i just remember barthez taking his time with goal kicks and in general after zidane was sent off...but nothing too dramatic actually

and italy would not have been in a hurry to reach penalties after all the bad luck that they have had in the past!!!!

sly fly

HSC
that's what I would have thought too which is why I was confused at their slow pace

and Barthez deserves to be shot, he's a really crap goalie, I dunno why people think he's good

fush

HSC
HotShot said:
Do you really think a player who earns millions and millions of dollars would give a rats ass about $5000?

HotShot said:
hahah determine through stats of possession wtf?? thats ridiculuous, each team has different strategies and ways of playing

and im with penalty shootouts. They actually show who can handle the pressure more. A well struck penalty is always going to go in so it is up to the shooter to hold his nerve and the keeper to capitalise on any mistakes.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fush said:
Do you really think a player who earns millions and millions of dollars would give a rats ass about $5000?
they would if they're jewish

fush

HSC
politik said:
It's been a few days since i've posted in here, so:

1. I didn't watch the game. I woke up, drifted off and woke up later to find I slept through it all.
2. Italy is shit.
3. Italy won the World Cup playing the worst football imaginable (as they did last time they were champions).
1982 world cup final between italy and west germany and italy's defeat of brazil in the quarters were some of the best world cup matches ever so if i were u i would go back and watch the games before you make such comments

Last edited:

sly fly

HSC
Going to the Australia/Kuwait game is a waste of time, money and energy. Aus is obviously gonna win.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
sly fly said:
Going to the Australia/Kuwait game is a waste of time, money and energy. Aus is obviously gonna win.
So what if we are favourites to win? You should still go to the game to support your country, and also because we havn't had a national team game in Sydney since November last year, oppurtunities are somewhat limited.

sly fly

HSC
^I'd only go to a game if I knew it's going to be exciting. I don't think there will be much excitement at the game.

Btw, how much are the tickets?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)