The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

johnny_87

HSC
Germany 3-1 at $10 looks a good bet. Germany will want to score, score and score some more in front of their fans, and I expect the Poles to get a goal perhaps on the counter or from a set-piece (they did hit the post twice against Ecuador).

Does anyone know what the chances are of the Socceroos jerseys running out with the centrebet offer?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
I would have been inclined to tip a Poland-Germany draw previously. However, having watched the 1st round and their respective approaches:

Poland will struggle to score with a 4-5-1, their best bet would be set-pieces now given that Klinsmann has rightly decided to ditch the shambolic offside trap.

With Germany going gung-ho in front of the home faithful, and the return of Ballack in the centre of the park, Germany should get 1 or 2 on the board.

Hence, Germany to score more than Poland.
Poland lost the openin game, no way would they hold anythin back. Hence I'm goin fo a draw.

In regards to Spain vs Ukraine, Raul ain't playin, and it's still unknown whether Sheva will play. Again, too hard to pick a win.

Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia, Arab derby, another stalemate I expect. But this is a risky one.

Well I don't expect to win anyway, but it'll be fuckin great if I do.

cimbom

HSC
LMF^^ said:
ROFL@ last pic. Ain't that the red card from that Rivaldo simulation...?
hehe i'm not sure. there were two red cards in that game after all (our first game)... it was probably after Rivaldo suffered that severe head injury.

what971 said:
<3 Turkey. I also want Switzerland to fail, for obvious reasons. :)
beat them for us! <3 South Korea (except Italy thing in 2002).

cimbom

HSC
Spain v Ukraine? All i'd remembered for tonight was Germany v Poland. I'm waiting for Szymkowiak to do something.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia, Arab derby, another stalemate I expect. But this is a risky one.
I hope Tunisia nick this one. They had some pretty good players at the Club World Championship earlier on, plus they did well at the African Cup of nations. As for the Saudis, I've been watching them since USA'94, and well, let's just say I'm not wasting my tips on them.

mecurial

HSC
johnny_87 said:
Germany 3-1 at $10 looks a good bet. Germany will want to score, score and score some more in front of their fans, and I expect the Poles to get a goal perhaps on the counter or from a set-piece (they did hit the post twice against Ecuador).

Does anyone know what the chances are of the Socceroos jerseys running out with the centrebet offer?
When you make your deposit, Centrebet mail you a voucher that you use at Rebel Sport, either at a store or online, for any of the 32 nations' shirts. So really, it is 'what are the chances of Rebel Sport running out of Socceroos jerseys?'. Which is pretty unlikely.

BTW re:lineups, does this mean no Raul?

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
politik said:
The lineups have been announced:
1. CASILLAS Iker (C) 1. SHOVKOVSKYI Oleksandr
3. PERNIA Mariano 2. NESMACHNYI Andriy
5. PUYOL Carlos 4. TYMOSCHUK Anatoliy
8. XAVI 5. YEZERSKYI Vladimir
9. TORRES Fernando 6. RUSOL Andriy
11. GARCIA Luis (C)7. SHEVCHENKO Andriy
14. XABI ALONSO 9. GUSEV Oleg
15. RAMOS Sergio 10. VORONIN Andriy
16. MARCOS SENNA 14. GUSIN Andriy
21. VILLA David 17. VASHCHUK Vladyslav
22. PABLO 21. ROTAN Ruslan

I'm amazed that Casillas is the captain...
How did Casillas get the Captaincy ?
Puyol's gonna break Sheva, or not.

*Minka*

HSC
Is Raul injured or out of favor?

I am not too suprised about Casillas being capitain - he has been a rock at MNadrid and for the National team for a long time now.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
*Minka* said:
Is Raul injured or out of favor?

I am not too suprised about Casillas being capitain - he has been a rock at MNadrid and for the National team for a long time now.
Injury (knee, I think), he's hardly had match practice in 3-4 months.

I still would've thought Puyol would get the armband in Raul's absence.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
Australia should win against Brazil...

japan and brazil drew 2-2 last year at the confederation cup...

australia beat japan.. so they will too beat brazil
and beat croatia.. and surprise the world !!

thats how i see it..

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
its been said for some time raul isnt gonna start, due to his lack of match fitness.. casillas 4 captain, well its always gonna be a toss up between him and puyol, guess the folks at real have always been more influential on the running of spanish soccer

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Dingo2004 said:
Australia should win against Brazil...

japan and brazil drew 2-2 last year at the confederation cup...

australia beat japan.. so they will too beat brazil
and beat croatia.. and surprise the world !!

thats how i see it..
I'd also love to have Australia beat Brazil but 'should' is taking it a bit too far.

EDIT: As if be male, and have Dong Bang Shin Ki on your avatar, wtf. :confused:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
tasha1188 said:
wow brazil only won by 1 point against croatia...i wonder if their saving their energy for australia...their obviously arent...but its nice to dream...i realy wanna watch the aus/braz match...but its at 2am...and i have an exam the next day...i wonder if i can convince my mum to let me *thinks*

but we did GREAT on monday morning...woot

i luv this pic taken at the end of the match
Convince your mum to let you?

What are you, 5?

HSC
Raul will probably come out during the last part of the game (if he does play).

Be a great game this one, both teams are in decent form. i reckon it will probably turn out to be a draw... but let's hope not; viva espana!

otay

HSC
Firstly let me say I have huge respect for Ukraine and although my favourite player (Raul) isn't playing I still think this is a very strong Spain side. They are doing exactly the right thing in picking form players who are creative and can create various opportunities. Ukraine will definetly test them but I'd tip Spain for win. Oh and Tunisia will beat the Saudis 2-0 and Germany to topple Poland

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Brazil didn't play that great against Croatia, I was expecting another goal or two from Brazil. I reckon the Socceroos have the potential to win against Brazil, even a draw would mean we make it through to the next round.

johnny_87

HSC
Cheers mercurial. There's a condition on there about not betting properly. I suppose they don't want you betting $100 on Brazil to make it out of the group at $1.01?

Joining tomorrow or Friday. Plenty of time still.

Tonight's games:

Spain 1-0 Ukraine
Tunisia 2-0 Saudi Arabia
Germany 3-1 Poland

Last edited:

*Minka*

HSC
Paragon said:
Profound reasoning.
Ha.

Clearly not someone who you know, knows how this sport actually works.....

(the other post, not you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)