The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

otay

HSC
*Minka* said:
GUTEN MORGEN from Munich!

I am so excited for this afternoon - am getting dressed in my Aussie colors soon and about to do my hair (my Brother's girlfriend is doing me some cute green and gold streaks that will come out tommorow) and you would not bgeopieve the atmosphere and excitement over here. Everyone in Germany has been fabulous to us - Australia has really been adopted here. I had the choice between going to this game and the Croatia game, but I have picked this one and am so excited for it and of course, Croatia v Australia in a few days.

(I HATE THIS COMPUTER (brothers girlfriends laptop) I AM USING) at least my wireless is working on it.
Good Onya Minka! Make sure we hear you mob and not let those Samba queens dominant the vocal war.

ps You mean coloUr right?

Jimmy_B

HSC
czezh republic coach karle bruckner after the match.

"Firstly congratulations to the Ghana team. We don't take injury and tiredness as excuses for our defeat because our opponents played splendid attacking football today. We made defensive errors and our rivals looked constantly dangerous with their excellent midfielders.
We had two important players missing due to injuries in this game (strikers Milan Baros and Jan Koller) and Vratislav Lokvenc will be banned for the next match. We have yet to decide on the replacements but we need to bring young players in to strengthen the team."

all class. why can't all managers be like that?

*Minka*

HSC
otay said:
Good Onya Minka! Make sure we hear you mob and not let those Samba queens dominant the vocal war.

ps You mean coloUr right?
Yeah I do - sorry. I learnt a lot of my English from American books and that is a bad habit of mine.

Oh you will hear us. We will make sure of that!

Last edited:

otay

HSC
*Minka* said:
Yeah I do - sorry. I learnt a lot of my Englans from American books and that is a bad habit of mine.

Oh you will hear us. We will make sure of that!
Good Stuff! No doubt it's a fabulous experience so have a great time, I'm sure you will. I envy you very much (thats a good thing). I just hope our boys make semi finals coz thats when I arrive in Germany :). Have a great day!

*Minka*

HSC
A tidbit I feel like sharing:

Our of all of us here, Me, My brother and his boyfriend, My brother and his girlfriend and a bunch of our friends and cousins, we have ALL chosen to support the Aussie in their match tonight instead of going to the Croatia one. To put it in prespective, each one of us was born in Croatia, lived there a large chunk of our lives, but this seems to have really shown us how much we love THIS COUNTRY.

I mean, if I am being honest, if this was 1998, there was no question what I would have done. It would have been Croatia all the way - I was a Croatian who lived here because they blew my home to pieces and killed half my family. I didn't feel AUstralian at that point, in 2001, I wanted us to make it, I was starting to feel like I kinda belonged a bit now?

But now? I am Australian. And I am behind out boys 100%.

(P.S - The good thing about travelling with your close guy cousins and brothers is that they will always give you a bed while they take the uncomfortable couch or floor ;)!)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
That's brilliant by the Czech manager. Actually accepting defeat is a rare sight in football, soak it in.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
*Minka* said:
A tidbit I feel like sharing:

Our of all of us here, Me, My brother and his boyfriend, My brother and his girlfriend and a bunch of our friends and cousins, we have ALL chosen to support the Aussie in their match tonight instead of going to the Croatia one. To put it in prespective, each one of us was born in Croatia, lived there a large chunk of our lives, but this seems to have really shown us how much we love THIS COUNTRY.

I mean, if I am being honest, if this was 1998, there was no question what I would have done. It would have been Croatia all the way - I was a Croatian who lived here because they blew my home to pieces and killed half my family. I didn't feel AUstralian at that point, in 2001, I wanted us to make it, I was starting to feel like I kinda belonged a bit now?

But now? I am Australian. And I am behind out boys 100%.

(P.S - The good thing about travelling with your close guy cousins and brothers is that they will always give you a bed while they take the uncomfortable couch or floor ;)!)

nice little tidbit there :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
politik said:
Damn everyone is going to Star City tonight, and I cant be bothered travelling there and trying to find people. I may end up at Norton Street, depending on where we decide to go.
feel like joining myself, waf and bubz in the city?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
My l33t predictions:
Croatia 2 - Japan 0
Brazil 2 - Australia 0

Possible scores I hope for:
Croatia 0 - Japan 0
Brazil 2 - Australia 1

Dream scores:
Croatia 0 - Japan 1
Brazil 0 - Australia 1

*Minka*

HSC
otay said:
Good Stuff! No doubt it's a fabulous experience so have a great time, I'm sure you will. I envy you very much (thats a good thing). I just hope our boys make semi finals coz thats when I arrive in Germany :). Have a great day!
Oh fabulous, you are going to have an awesome time when you get here! That is when we were meant to be coming here, but a while ago, my grandfather called me and my brothers into his study, gave us each a cheque from the money he'd be saving since he arrived here for 'something special' and said 'you kids are going to Australia v Brazil and Australia v Croatia'. I told him he couldn't do that, but he insisted it was what he wanted and well, we are here now and habing the best time.

My hair is drying now so I can't lie down. Blech.

*Minka*

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Australia 2-1 Brazil
Croatia 1-0 Japan

It'll happen, I assure you.
Thats what I want as well, and then Japan and Brazil to scoreless draw with Australia and Croatia score drawing which will somehow put Australia and Croatia through to the next round!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
politik said:
I assume Manning Bar? I just want to be as close to Pitt Street as possible in case we win. If we do, i'm hugging everyone in a 5km radius of me.

...what is Manning Bar like anyway? Sounds better than Roundhouse, which is hardly a bar anyway.
manning is closed today.
we're going to scruffy murphy's first for $7 jugs!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
is anyone heading out on Friday morning for Aust Vs Croatia? Cant make it tonight to the city god dammit!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm planning on going to bed in about half an hour for the Socceroos match tomorrow morning. Reason: I have an important assessment tomorrow

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Yep i am since exams are over.

I'm pumped for tonight, aus cricket shirt on + aussie boxers =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)