The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

*Minka*

HSC
swisstruffles said:
the ffa board was apparently all behind keeping neeskens but all except lowy who was stubborn enough to keep hoping for a 'big name'...i think the obvious love and passion neeskens showed for australia has way more value than some other 'big name' who will only agree to come for some multi milliondollar paycheque guarantee...the whole thing stinks, i hope neeskens knows that there were plenty of others who wanted him to stay
Oh I knopw - I would have loved Neeskens to stay working with us and I would have kept him and Arnold as coaches if I was the decision maker. Arnold knows the boys well, Neeskens has an effective style, knows how the game works and most importantly, really wants to do it. If I ever run into him during my lifetime, I will tell him how much I wish he stayed.

(I am saying that in the hope I meet him in Stuttgart ;))

I am leaving in a couple of hours for Stuttgart but my friend was jsut ont he phone and told me about the new 'History' Joga Bonito ad for this match and uh, please tell me those Croatian people are not wearing what I was told they were wearing. *hudes under desk* How embarassing. I hate those costumes.

*Minka*

HSC
brogan77 said:
omg it's minka. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi:wave:

Enjoyyyy stuttgart.

I just saw that Joga Benito ad for the Croat match. "History" is a mad ugly cunt.
Not as ugly as those damn Croatian folk....things. They will try and make me wear one to Church when I go down there for a couple of days before I go home. I am going to tell them that I am an Aussie now and therefore can wear my jeans and shirt.

HSC
Quite a match this morning (Paraguay v. T&T) and the 2nd hald was entertaining. Yorke was great, their wingers were cutting the Paraguan defence to pieces and they brought on a 37 year old striker who smokes 40 cigs a day and he was class! :)

Pity not to have made it to the 2nd round but then again scoring a point is admirable.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's good that Kewell will be free to play in the Croatia match, it really does make the difference with a skilful striker like him. :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riviet said:
It's good that Kewell will be free to play in the Croatia match, it really does make the difference with a skilful striker like him. :D
Um I'm pretty sure we play Kewell on the wing in midfield.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Neither a traditional midfield nor forward position. More of an attacking-midfielder on the left side.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
left forward isn't he?
Kewell is a pretty versatile player...but not usually a forward. For Liverpool he is usually used as a left winger...and sometimes he plays in the hole behind the strikers. He has been used as a left forward alongside Viduka for Australia in the past...but most of the time these days he is in midfield. I would describe him as a left offensive midfield player. He plays a similar role to Gerrard...who plays a right offensive-type midfield role.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol good call Brogan. He pretty much has free reign on the park (back in the Farina days). But now with Guus, he is probaly a bit more disciplined. In saying that, he needs to come back and defend more. I barely see him tackle.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Portugal will most likely be without several key players tonight, including Ronaldo and Pauleta because they have a yellow card and will be suspended for the next game if they were to pick up another one tonight. It makes for a less exciting game against Mexico...but Scholari is probably making the right decision given the fact that we must face either Netherlands or Argentina in the second round.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
TEAM LINE-UPS

Portugal: Pereira, Miguel, Caneira, Carvalho, Meira, Petit, Figo, Maniche, Tiago, Postiga, Simao.

Mexico: Sanchez, Mendez, Marquez, Pineda, Osorio, Salcido, Rodriguez, Pardo, Perez, Bravo, Fonseca.

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
pair of cracking games this upcoming morning, got my jersey from the centrebet thing today ... i didnt get a free scarf "sorry only with purchases" was the response i got, not even the wrist things ...

going to europe on friday, i hope i can soak up some of that atmosphere, and ill be wearing my socceroos jersey everday with pride ...

my RUB!X fantasy team is in last place, oh dear ... for some reason Xen always beats RUB!X :rolleyes:

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yo Rubix how long did it take for you to get your jersey voucher after you spent your $100?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
What are the conditions again fo Centrebet...? And the thing wit sendin in yo ID and shit, did you guys do it through mail or just scanned it and email em...?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
At present...the BoS fantasy world cup ladder is as follows:

1 Xen XI Night Elf Druid 29 123
2 Retards John Huang 13 120
3 Copious's Hammers Howie T 12 115
4 MQ Pride Jimmy Lo 13 114
5 Paragon FC P M 4 110
6 Ragingsheep FC Y H 17 108
7 Dream Team XI matt #1 27 106
8 Paragon's Back-ups. P M 4 106
9 sunjet united justen r 19 105
10 blackmagic8716 Mr Mr 13 104
11 Benny's Reds Ben Yan 7 101
12 World XI Johnny Heitinga 13 98
13 boo ben g 18 97
14 Arsenal FC andrew russell 3 96
15 azzurri Vince P 2 93
16 waf Justin Simon 16 91
17 DRAGONZ LAIR Rob P 1 90
18 Fk Rabotnicki a g 8 87
19 RUB!X Uber XI M B 3 84
20 soccerwhos wang fang 18 18

I forgot to change my team for phase 3 of the first round, but I have moved up a few spots to 7th as a result of leaving Klose as captain.

mecurial

HSC
1-0. Mexico may yet be going home? (Although I doubt it)

Portugal are really surprising me in this tournament. 2nd Round v Argentina/Holland is going to be epic.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
This looks promising for Portugal. 1-0 so far against Mexico with so many key players missing. The idea of having to face one of either Argentina or Netherlands dosen't give me alot of confidence though. If we can manage to beat either of those teams...then we can go all the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)