The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
What on Earth are Italy doing ? :rofl:

Zaccardo - Way to spoil a clean-sheet, with an own-goal.
De Rossi - 60 seconds later, puncture McBride's face and get sent-off.

I'll be surprised if there isn't another red.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
This ref...fucken hot head. Straight reds no worries. Although they were both arguably red card offences. At least he's consistent.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Italy really want the win here, they dont wanna rely on having to beat czech's just to qualify. Good sign of the intent to win in that Lippi didnt take off one of his forwards, instead going for Totti. With 10 men, you'd want every one of your 10 players to be playing at 100% of their game.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
acmilan said:
Italy really want the win here, they dont wanna rely on having to beat czech's just to qualify. Good sign of the intent to win in that Lippi didnt take off one of his forwards, instead going for Totti. With 10 men, you'd want every one of your 10 players to be playing at 100% of their game.
They'd need a 100% turnaround if they're to escape this match with even a single point.

USA are bloody playing like their lives depend on this result. 45 minutes into the match, and Italy still don't even know what hit them.

Half-Time stats:
Italy - 1 shot on target = 1 goal
USA - 0 shots on target = 1 goal

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well no one else currently on the field have a yellow card, so at least another send off will have to be a straight red lol (or two yellows)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Taking off a defender for Del Piero? Interesting move o_O Definitely going for the win now.

johnny_87

HSC
Glad I woke for this game! Incidents aplenty! I think the ref is a little too used to refereeing in Sth America, where they often send multiple players off in a game. I remember a game a few weeks ago with (I think) 5 red cards in Brazil/Argentina.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I dont think either team can complain with a draw given all that happened. Tight group now.

johnny_87

HSC
So who to make it through? If Koller and Baros are still out, I'd say Italy and Ghana perhaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)