The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

johnny_87

HSC
Minka - Just got the gold one. The navy one looks good, but it doesn't work for the 'green and gold' factor! Which one did you get?

I'm so pumped! Less than 12 hours away! :)

2-1 win! I can sense it! :)

*Minka*

HSC
johnny_87 said:
Minka - Just got the gold one. The navy one looks good, but it doesn't work for the 'green and gold' factor! Which one did you get?

I'm so pumped! Less than 12 hours away! :)

2-1 win! I can sense it! :)
I have the Green and Gold one now, but was thinking that if I could get a navy one with the deal, it would be nice to have one of each because they are nice. My dads best friend is coming over here in four days, so I can ask him to get one for me and bring it with him one though if I really want ti now.

I am sensing a win too!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wish i was. damn sickness. fuck. oh well therell be another celebration when we win against our next opponent

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Damn I'm feeling nervous about this game, not about any bad outcome, but just the excitement that this game is absolutely critical in whether we make into the top 16 or not. I reckon this will be an unforgettable game. :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm finally going to do the centrebet $100 bet....and I am going to bet my $100 on Australia. A risky bet? Maybe...but I will be ecstatic if we win and I will also make a $150 profit . If we lose...then I will at least have a jersey to show for my $100. C'mon Aussies!!!! I am very confident...but am slighlty worried about Croatia scoring an early goal and going on to win 1-0. Especially if our players fail to find the back of the net despite lots of chances like against Brasil. Do it for Johnny Warren boys!!! It will be interesting to see the final line-up for tonight. Anyway, in Guus we trust!!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
*Minka* said:
YAAAAAAY!

I am Croatian as well - born in Zagreb Croatia in fact, lcame to Australia in late 1996 (Well, my ethnic background works out to be about 70% Croatian, 30% Serbian but w/e) and I am throwing ALL my love and support behind the Australians as well. I am so proud fo be Australian and can't WAIT for thge game.

(That explains why I am up so early Stuttgat time - too excited to sleep. I have NO IDEA how I will make it through the day here)
Rofl. I <3 you.

Whatever happens in this match, we'll both have one team to support in the Round of 16. Unless Australia and Croatia draw and Japan win by 3 goals against Brazil.

I really, REALLY hope that team is Australia.

If so, it will undoubtedly be the best moment in each and every one of our lives, I am sure.

The victory against Uruguay was the best moment of my life. Then, beating Japan was. Making the second round of the World Cup *would* be the best, if it happens.

Not even getting married or having a kid would top that :p

robbie1

HSC
You people need a reality check.

Croatia are experts at grinding out results when its do-or-die.

For example, in qualifying, they were playing one of the world superpowers in Malta, and a win would guarantee qualification. It was 1-1.

This was followed by a hard fought 1-0 win over Sweden.

Its the same now, a 0-0 draw with Japan will be followed by a win over Australia.

Yes, Robbie Kovac is out, but Tomas is a solid replacement and Olic comes in for Klasnic which gives us speed up front (Aus defenders are slow).

I predict a 1-0 Croatia victory and Srna getting the goal. This would win me $115 :)

otay

HSC
robbie1 said:

For example, in qualifying, they were playing one of the world superpowers in Malta, and a win would guarantee qualification. It was 1-1.

Its the same now, a 0-0 draw with Japan will be followed by a win over Australia.

Yes, Robbie Kovac is out, but Tomas is a solid replacement and Olic comes in for Klasnic which gives us speed up front (Aus defenders are slow).

I predict a 1-0 Croatia victory and Srna getting the goal. This would win me $115 :)
Go fuck your boyfriend 50 cent. Malta a superpower??? Bahahahaha. Clueless motherfucker. Neill is not slow just quietly.

robbie1

HSC
otay said:
Go fuck your boyfriend 50 cent. Malta a superpower??? Bahahahaha. Clueless motherfucker. Neill is not slow just quietly.
Are you for real?

Ever heard of sarcasm...obviously not.

My point was that Croatia were expected to win against Malta, and win well. The same goes for the Japan game. Expected to win, but dont.

Now Australia are expected to go through, and as I said Croatia are experts at grinding out the results that they need.

Back to your hole...

*Minka*

HSC
robbie1 said:

Well I know just a little bit about Croatia/Croatian Football, and I still think Australia will get the result they need to progress to the next round so STFU KTHXBAI.

otay

HSC
What do you mean go back to my hole? I live in an apartment! Good one dude.

You say they were expected to win well against Malta and failed to do so, and then say that "Croatia are experts at grinding out results". Was that more sarcasm?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
otay said:
ROFL...I'm hoping that he was joking when he called Malta a superpower:confused: Anyway...don't be too harsh on him because he is a Croatia supporter. Everyone has a right to support their country. In any case...it is Croatia that MUST win this match. He will quietly be very nervous about this fact.:)

robbie1

HSC
otay said:
What do you mean go back to my hole? I live in an apartment! Good one dude.

You say they were expected to win well against Malta and failed to do so, and then say that "Croatia are experts at grinding out results". Was that more sarcasm?
Grinding out results when its DO OR DIE....stupid cunt

*Minka*

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Rofl. I <3 you.

Whatever happens in this match, we'll both have one team to support in the Round of 16. Unless Australia and Croatia draw and Japan win by 3 goals against Brazil.

I really, REALLY hope that team is Australia.

If so, it will undoubtedly be the best moment in each and every one of our lives, I am sure.

The victory against Uruguay was the best moment of my life. Then, beating Japan was. Making the second round of the World Cup *would* be the best, if it happens.

Not even getting married or having a kid would top that :p

That is how I am looking at it as well - but I hope the team I have to support in the next round is Australia instead of Croatia.

I told my father that if Australia wins this match tonight with us in the staduim, having children, getting married, buying ferraris, having really greats ex with Lucas Niell will all seem rather anti climatic on comparasion. Well,e xcept maybe the last one :)

otay

HSC
robbie1 said:
Yeah ok. Good evidence you provided then to support that point....stupid cunt

otay

HSC
Bet 3 looks good. Good payout. Just hope France pick their fucking act up. I think they will

robbie1

HSC
matt#1 said:
ROFL...I'm hoping that he was joking when he called Malta a superpower:confused: Anyway...don't be too harsh on him because he is a Croatia supporter. Everyone has a right to support their country. In any case...it is Croatia that MUST win this match. He will quietly be very nervous about this fact.:)
Obviously I was taking the piss about Malta....Im a die hard Football fan, I know my stuff.

If you really want to know why Im supporting Croatia before Australia, it is because i feel more Cro then I do Aussie. So what?

Also, the media in Aus is fucked. Simunic a traitor?

WTF...he's Croatian, get over it. He had tears in his eyes during the national anthem in the Brazil game. How much more proof do you cock heads need? Your just pissed because hes a world class defender and Aus dont have any with the exception of maybe Neill.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:
Australia grinded out a great win against Uruguay when it was DO OR DIE didn't they? Remember? Croatia has got nothing on us.

Leave eminem alone guys...he is just nervous about the upcoming game. I would be extremely nervous too if my team had to win to go through to the next round. Australia only need a draw.:) C'mon Aussies!!!

otay

HSC
Simunic was at the AIS. He got his football skill over here. Like Kevin Peteirson in cricket. Personally I don't care who he plays for, but you can't deny the ties he has to Australia. He even said he may sing the Australia national anthem at the match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)