• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
mmmm It isn't the best start in the world. But In comparision to other seasons it's not a slow start. We do look a little skecthy in some areas but there are some promising signs. i.e. The ruck is already looking better, attack on the ball is very hard, we happen to be fourth :D

But yes there does need to be alot of improvment

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah playing adelaide at AAMI stadium is always a difficult assignment
if we come away with a win, then that shows were a force to be reckoned with come in the latter stages of this season

everitt seems to be an sexcellent buy

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
jemsta said:
everitt seems to be an sexcellent buy
I concure. I just hope he becomes a straiter kicker (along with the rest of the squad)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ok this is a message to all swans fans who plan to go to a home game at the scg: get your ticket before the day! do not come to the game 30min prior, expecting there will a thousand tickets left.

the scg is doing some constructions, which will not finish until next year. this means 10-12000 seats are not available for the rest of the season.

i worked for the ground and i could not believe how many people missed out on the game because they think the tickets will wait for them to show up. i had at least 10 people came all the way from brisbane and could not get a ticket last sunday.

so come to the game ticket-less at your own peril.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
wuddie said:
i worked for the ground and i could not believe how many people missed out on the game because they think the tickets will wait for them to show up. i had at least 10 people came all the way from brisbane and could not get a ticket last sunday.

so come to the game ticket-less at your own peril.
Poor people. Your bound to get people like that all season.

Just one of the reasons I'm glad I'm a season Ticket holder (and have been since 96)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
This game should be bloody brilliant. Can't wait. 15 mins left

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oooo stazi is an afl fan :D
yeah should be a cracker of a match....both are inform, so it will be quite difficult to predict the winner
sydney ftw :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
jemsta said:
oooo stazi is an afl fan :D
yeah should be a cracker of a match....both are inform, so it will be quite difficult to predict the winner
sydney ftw :D
I think I'm even more of a fan since I was playing it last semester in the USA (of all places). Watching the grand final with my team and some Aussies who drove up 6 hours from South Carolina just to watch the game at the only place screening it was teh sex.

Do you have an HD-TV? AFL in HD is amaaaaazing.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha nice nice
unfortunately i dont have HD tv....off to the pubES for me

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
the hawks is gonna kick geelongs ass :p
swans really need to work their kicking in front of goal...simply atrocious

wyho

HSC
N/A
the point in swans losing was inaccuracy of kicking goals. they simply had more scoring shots than the opposing. this was one of the most terrible games ive seen the swans play in the past few years. not many under roosey. p.s i lost $ from tab. thanks swans.

SyCoTiC

HSC
They really need to work on their set shots. They could've easily won this game had they made their kicks, I mean.. 2 goals and 9 behinds from set shots is simply embarassing.

adders

HSC
jemsta said:
the hawks is gonna kick geelongs ass :p
swans really need to work their kicking in front of goal...simply atrocious
It's the hawks are gonna kick Geelong's ass mate and even if they do the cats will still be ahead of the swans

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
cats fucking lost :rofl:
and anyways swans will be guaranteed a top 8 finish this season....cats well probably not

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
If the swans dont make the top for I will consider this season a complete fail. Unless that is they make top 8 then win grand final but thats only happened once.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Judging by how they are kicking, I can't see them making the top 8 unless there's a significant improvement. It's always a bad thing when you kick more behinds than goals altogether on the scoreboard!

Hopefully Swans can break the hoodoo they have with Melbourne with Melbourne always managing to win up here but we always win down in Melbourne. They're significantly under-manned with a huge injury list so we should topple them if our forward line fires and is on target.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
melbourne are languishing last on the ladder, so judging from that, we should encounter them very easily, but if we had a kicking performance like that against the crows, dont be surprised if melbourne upset sydney

HSC
if we kick like that in any game there is no chance of us winning let alone top eight or gf. Good for Crouch to play again though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)