I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha so the tide is turning
another sydney-west coast final...another final to be decided by a single point
ill lol so hard if that turns out to be the case

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
swans are getting absolutely hammered...but thena gain they are the masters of comebacks, so i wouldnt rule them out yet

come on the swans

Chris.

HSC
swans just love to make some games hard for themselves by giving a 36 point lead to the opposition in the first quarter...................

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think we are missing kennelly big time...we dont usually concede that many goals in the first quarter...although they did comeback strongly and still lose by 16 points, you just cant give your opponents a huge head start so close to the finish.

maybe it jus wasnt out night

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
You must give some credit to the Kangaroos. They did play very well, exp in the first quater. The swans didn't look as good as they usually do but I thought they actually played pretty well in the 2-4th quarters. But def not there best preformance.

is2SWaNz

HSC
There is always something between the Swans and the Kangaroos.

Full credit to the Kangaroos. They were switched on from start to finish. They just kept piling on goals, and the Swans were pratically chasing after them. Great pressure and tackling from the Kangas.

This is becoming a big problem, where the Swans switch on late in the 3rd Q. We take a bit too long to adapt and we sorely miss Tadhg, and Amon. Nick Macleski is good, but not as good as Tadhg running from half back.

But how good was the last Q? The Swans pumped and kicked the ball long and deep into our forward 50 some many times. But we lack in goal sneaks who can convert this into goals. We miss Davis, he was pratically missing last night.

This has become a big problem, and we've seen the Swans switch off in the first half of the game and then chase the score. We've seen this happen against the WCE, Blions and now the Kangas. Everyone is getting frustrated. But also, full credit to the Swans traditional come backs! :)

And what about Goodes? I don't know whats happening to him. Last year he won the Brownlow, and now he's just slipping. Maybe we've seen the best of him, but I'm not going to lose faith. Just yet...

We are versing the saints next week. It's a danger game becuase our ex coach assistant, Ross Lyon is the new coach. He'll know all our weaknesses and strengths. Its going to be tough.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahahaha pure pwnage
surely richmond is going to get the wooden spoon...hahaha wonder how much percentage the tigers lost....
EDIT: geelong certainly got a percentage boost (148%) and tigers a misery 65

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
144 point lead at three quarter time.

That is disgraceful.

Surely there's nothing wrong with Terry Wallace's coaching, perhaps something wrong with the players.. Then again, he did fail at the Bulldogs too.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
There is something wrong with the entire team, both coaches and players if you are losing by that much. Well bar Mathew Richardson, god he is good

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha tigers in the afl are probably way worse than the roosters in the nrl
157 point thrashing is probably like souths getting whipped 66-0 by the warriors

adders

HSC
Yeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh go the CATS. don't worry bout west coast, their 6 game winning streak will end on sunday at the cattery

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sydneyswansfan said:
i feel so sorry for richmond. id give terry wallance another five or six games then sack if they dont improve...
haha or another 100+ point thrashing if that doesnt happen

is2SWaNz

HSC
Richmond are really pathetic. It is weird how the tigers led for most of the game against the WCE, but are unable to capitalise against the Cats.

The Cats face the WCE this week, oh please end their winning streak.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i wouldnt be surprise if they do break west coast's winning streak....there is not better time to do it for the cats than now, since they will be full of confidence after that record breaking win

is2SWaNz

HSC
The Cats are improving, no doubt about that. It's going to be hard to beat the 'Weed Coke Illegals', but it's possible.

The Swans are facing the Saints this weekend at the Dome. Ross Lyon was our assistant coach for 3 years. He's bound to know our weaknesses and strengths. This is another danger game, and if Swans don't turn up to play their brand of footy, I don't think the Swans would have a good final series. Swans are currently sitting on 7th spot, only thanks to our higher percentage.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well weve been in this situations before, and we tend to do really well in the middle and at the end of the season, and even if we lose to the saints, well only be on 3-4, so we are still right in the hunt.
but without kennelly, theres no 'out of the defensive 50 runs into the centre square and kick into the forward line type stuff', so we are definitely missing him

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
jemsta said:
but without kennelly, theres no 'out of the defensive 50 runs into the centre square and kick into the forward line type stuff', so we are definitely missing him
Do you mean like what Leo Barry and Nick Malscki provide? We do miss him but we do still have some of the elements he provided. Then again its pretty unfair to judge what our team is missing on one preformance.

I am expecting Sydney to beat the saints in a close match (maybe thats my bias) and the WCE will thump Geelong. I'm not saying Geelong are bad but whenever the Melbourne media get around a victorian side they always seem to collapse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)