The Official Big Day Out 2006 Thread (stickied?) (1 Viewer)

like_i_care

HSC
Yay- BDO tickets JUST before they all sold out!

Two of my friends and i bought tickets the other night after reading that they were all sold out from the BDO site...boy i am i glad that we did! I can't believe that they are ALL sold out already- that's so crazy!

And after a whole year of anticipation, so excited that we're going, and so wrapped that we got tickets! We must have just gotten in would predict....woo hoo!

p.s. So excited for 2 many dj's and Soulwax....and i would die if Daft Punk were playing! If they don't...damn those rumours for getting my hopes up!

HSC
like_i_care said:
Two of my friends and i bought tickets the other night after reading that they were all sold out from the BDO site...boy i am i glad that we did! I can't believe that they are ALL sold out already- that's so crazy!

And after a whole year of anticipation, so excited that we're going, and so wrapped that we got tickets! We must have just gotten in would predict....woo hoo!

p.s. So excited for 2 many dj's and Soulwax....and i would die if Daft Punk were playing! If they don't...damn those rumours for getting my hopes up!
Regardless of who is on and who isn't though, it's always a day of fun in the sun :) This year was the first one I've missed (Having been to four prior to that), and I regretted it all day. There's nothing better for Australia day than BDO :)

Well done on getting tickets too, I'm really glad we didn't wait any longer either or we'd have been stuffed. Early birds, meet worms!

Bo-batron

HSC
like_i_care said:

And it's all thanks to you my friend. I'm just glad to be doing this with a person who appreciates good music.
It will be AWESOME!!! (And bunches more!)

like_i_care

HSC
Yes, well this will be the first BDO for the three of us so we are excited regardless of who plays! But i am excited for some of the bands too so thats a super cool bonus!

I think it will just be awesome to spend the day with two of my best buddies at such an awesome place- we always have fun whatever we do anyway :D
Also, being on Australia day will makes it even better, what a way to celebrate the day!

And thank-YOOOUU Bo-batron! (thanks for reminding me of another of those crazy "Roy" moments) :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Purp|e said:
w0rd ^ if beck comes out i will cream my pants :eek::eek::eek:
beck was one of the artists that one of the franz guys confirmed on the lineup - he announced that franz, beck and the whitestripes were coming before the lineup was announced here.

im just hoping its true :uhhuh:

HSC
Sydney tickets still available.

www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php?NewsId=6 said:
LAST CHANCE TO BUY SYDNEY TICKETS!!!

31-10-05

Tickets to the SYDNEY BIG DAY OUT to be held on Thursday January 26th at Sydney Showground have SOLD OUT in record time.

Since going on sale on the 14th October, tickets to the SYDNEY BDO have been snapped up by festival hungry music fans in a mere two weeks!

BUT! There is still hope for fans who missed out on tickets.

In an attempt to create an even playing field for punters and to limit the impact of unscrupulous ticket scalpers operating through online auction sites, the BIG DAY OUT has held 5000 tickets for the SYDNEY BIG DAY OUT.

These 5000 tickets will be available for purchase through the BIG DAY OUT WEBSITE ONLY.

500 tickets will be released PER WEEK for 10 weeks only, starting this THURSDAY 3rd NOVEMBER at 9PM.

There is a strict limit of 2 tickets per customer.

The weekly release of 500 tickets to the SYDNEY BIG DAY OUT will conclude on Thursday 5th of JANUARY.

Please note, there will NOT be a second Sydney BIG DAY OUT event.

Tickets are currently still available for all other BIG DAY OUT events.

SYDNEY BIG DAY OUT - THURSDAY JANUARY 26th SYDNEY SHOWGROUND
Tickets $120 (inc GST) +bf
** THROUGH BIG DAY OUT WEBSITE ONLY**
Weekly ticket release commences Thurs 3rd November and will continue each Thursday until Thurs 4th Janurary 2006.
Click me

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
hooray my ticket just arrived in the mail. ohhh its pretty and shiny. oooo ahhhhh. so excited right about now. i am so marrying jack white. just for accepting the large sum of moolah to play at the bdo. and being a sexy beast. woohooo excitement dot com. and i think i'd cream my jeans too (if i were a boy) and if beck comes. hooray :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
*bump*

hey guys does anyone know when the next announcement for bdo comes out?? it was my understanding that they would be announced on the 5th but it doesnt appear to have happened..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It's been anounced you should clear your cache.

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT !!

11-10-2005

Hello everyone, hope you've all bought tickets.

It’s time for the BIG DAY OUT 2006 second announcement. So far we have been met with astonishing ticket sales (with Sydney sold out).

For those who missed out on tickets to the Sydney show, we have a surprise for you which will be announced by the end of next week! For all the others, don't feel left out, as we'll shortly have some goodies to give away.

For 2006 we searched the globe for just the right acts to come and hang out with everyone. It is after all the world’s biggest travelling summer camp. Let’s hope we all get along, have fun & hear some great music along the way. You are of course all welcome to stay back and help clean the dishes if you want.

As usual more acts and entertainment will be announced later, but for now here is our second RSVPs for the 2006 party.

All the best

Ken West & Vivian Lees

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh and forgot to list the bands announced:

Wolfmother (haven't heard them before, but heard they're good)

Faker (wtf, they were also announced in the first announcement. Maybe they're confirming)

Avenged Sevenfold (never heard of them)

The Dandy Warhols

Beck (lots of people will be excited for this)

Norma Jean

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Yeah, the announcements are written by a fob now.
Hahahaha I'm surprised no one has picked up on it in all this time, as it looks like they just used the format from their last announcement:

5-10-2005

Hello everyone, how’s your year been?

It’s time for the BIG DAY OUT 2006 first announcement, which means summer must be just around the corner.

2005 was pretty over the top. Considering how big the shows were it’s great that everyone kept it together. Creating a world class, safe event is always our priority & we need everyone’s help to deliver the shows you not only expect, but deserve.

For 2006 we searched the globe for just the right acts to come and hang out with everyone. It is after all the world’s biggest travelling summer camp. Let’s hope we all get along, have fun & hear some great music along the way. You are of course all welcome to stay back and help clean the dishes if you want.

We also have a fantastic new venue for Melbourne this year. More area, more grass, more trees & close to the city.

As usual more acts and entertainment will be announced later, but for now here is our first RSVPs for the 2006 party.

All the best

Ken West & Vivian Lees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)