The official BOS 'Pro-Constitutional Monarchy' thread (1 Viewer)

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Hey there,

I like the way we are

I like having the Union Jack in our flag, the Queen in our coins and 'Commonwealth' in front of our country's name.

I like having HM The Queen as our head of state, and I like these things because ive come to call myself Australian and im proud to do so.

Usually when we talk about 'Sacking', if you will, a head of state, we usually think of them as 'Tyrannous', 'Evil' and 'Oppressive' but in all honestly i cannot associate HM The Queen with any of these terms.

We are Independent, we have proven that to Westminster and they respect that.
London is not in control of the internal affairs of this country, and the ONLY time they have intervened was to save it from constitutional criris during the Whitlam administration.
I like the Union Jack in our flag, its a symbol of our loyalty and appreciation to those who came before us to establish and outpost in the Southern Seas.

And why should we 'Sack the Queen' and become a Republic? To become independent? I think weve proven to the world that we already are.

To finally rid Australia of the evil and tyrannous reign of British Monarchs? To have a 'Mate as head of state'?
Friends, one the greatest mates weve ever had in history was Britain.

To become a Republic just so we can be a Republic? In the hope that maybe the bad things weve done will dissapear and migrants and Aboriginal Australians can finally invole themselves in our country?

Friends... There is no reason why, absolutely no reason why we need to become a Republic just for the sake of political correctness.

If you believe as a much as I do, that Australia should remain a Constitutional Monarchy and not try to reinvent itself into something that its not please then voice your support and comment.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Felix
(Please keep thread 'Civil')
Thanks,

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
I dont want Prince Charlies king
Me too, imagine getting his face printed all over the place :S

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
The current framework operates effectively, and represents the heritage and history of our nation. Unlike the US and other like republican nations, we haven't had to resort to war to obtain independence, but rather, have done so through the institutional mechanisms available.

Aside from Prince Charles, I see no compelling reason to alter the current system, and aside from any symbolic associations, the progression to a republic would have little impact in terms of our system of governance.

If one wants to view it in a truly Australian light, the Queen rules with no ongoing financial burden to the Australian taxpayer, and without any substantial reason for change, imposing such a burden is not necessary.

K

katie_tully

I do not care to be honest. I don't think it has any significant bearing on the way we're run currently anyway.

Carefactor 0%

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Truly, just when I thought BoS conservatism could not get any sadder, someone creates this thread.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Felix-x34 said:
Hey there,

I like the way we are

I like having the Union Jack in our flag, the Queen in our coins and 'Commonwealth' in front of our country's name.

I like having HM The Queen as our head of state, and I like these other things not just because im British, but because ive come to call myself Australian and im proud to do so.

Usually when we talk about 'Sacking', if you will, a head of state, we usually think of them as 'Tyrannous', 'Evil' and 'Oppressive' but in all honestly i cannot associate HM The Queen with any of these terms.

We are Independent, we have proven that to Westminster and they respect that.
London is not in control of the internal affairs of this country, and the ONLY time they have intervened was to save it from constitutional criris during the Whitlam administration.
I like the Union Jack in our flag, its a symbol of our loyalty and appreciation to those who came before us to establish and outpost in the Southern Seas.

And why should we 'Sack the Queen' and become a Republic? To become independent? I think weve proven to the world that we already are.

To finally rid Australia of the evil and tyrannous reign of British Monarchs? To have a 'Mate as head of state'?
Friends, one the greatest mates weve ever had in history was Britain.

To become a Republic just so we can be a Republic? In the hope that maybe the bad things weve done will dissapear and migrants and Aboriginal Australians can finally invole themselves in our country?

Friends... There is no reason why, absolutely no reason why we need to become a Republic just for the sake of political correctness.

If you believe as a much as I do, that Australia should remain a Constitutional Monarchy and not try to reinvent itself into something that its not please then voice your support and comment.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Felix
(Please keep thread 'Civil')
Thanks,
Meh, Useless Thread.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Felix-x34 said:
Just when I thought Liberalism count not get any more desperate

Conservative and proud :)
LOL

Liberalism.

LOL

Liberalism ain't desperate, it's inevitable; maybe you should just embrace it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Felix-x34 said:
Just when I thought Liberalism count not get any more desperate

Conservative and proud :)
Define conservatism.

I honestly don't give a shit either way, if a referendum ever came up I'd probably draw a cock on the ballot paper.

bassistx

HSC
We still have to pay land tax to that old hag. You do realize that even if you purchase land, you still have to pay tax to the British because it's "theirs".

I say to hell with 'em. We're perfectly capable of running this country ourself. Seeing as Howard is gone (and never to return) as well as Costello (THANK GOD!) we're safe :)

<3 Ruddie

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bassistx said:
We still have to pay land tax to that old hag. You do realize that even if you purchase land, you still have to pay tax to the British because it's "theirs".

I say to hell with 'em. We're perfectly capable of running this country ourself. Seeing as Howard is gone (and never to return) as well as Costello (THANK GOD!) we're safe :)

<3 Ruddie
As opposed to under Rudd where if we buy land we have to pay tax back in remunerations to the Widgeridoonah tribe.

K

katie_tully

bassistx said:

<3 Ruddie
I sighed deeply.

HSC
I'm pretty sure the British land tax was abolished a few decades ago... :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)