The Official Crap UAI Thread (1 Viewer)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
ahen said:
okay okay i'm sorry geez - i figured this thread was for those who were a tad disappointed, not just for people who got like 60s and stuff but anyway.
You do realise i felt like a loser today at school? Everyone at the morning tea thing had UAIs of like 96 -_-
and out of all my friends my UAI is one of the lowest
so ok fine i got in the top end, i never said that was a bad thing, i was just saying that i too felt a little disappointed
ESPECIALLY seeing as the two courses i really wanted went for 98+ last year at the uni i really wanted as well
It clearly says 'crap UAI'. I wouldn't have a problem if it was called "Who is disappointed?" or something, but you do not have a crap UAI. Hell, even my UAI may not be considered crap by some people here, and i'm a fair way lower than you.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Dancegirl99 said:
Come on people mine is the worst so far! 35.80. I need a 66.00.
I have no clue what do now. I really hate the whole UAI thing.
I know there is other ways to get what you want, it's just that you work so hard for 2 years and that is what I get.
Even with the 4 extra points because I applied to go my local uni and 4 extra for something else!!!
I feel good to get this out.
I noticed your location was Newcastle and from your post your local uni would be Newcastle Uni.

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/study/undergraduateadmissions/altentry.html - (if the link isn't working just navigate to there, shouldn't be to hard to find) should help you in working out alternative entries into uni. I know several people from my year did New Step this year and are now going into the course they wanted in 2008. Also email the uni, they will help you. :)

ahen said:
okay okay i'm sorry geez - i figured this thread was for those who were a tad disappointed, not just for people who got like 60s and stuff but anyway.
You do realise i felt like a loser today at school? Everyone at the morning tea thing had UAIs of like 96 -_-
and out of all my friends my UAI is one of the lowest
so ok fine i got in the top end, i never said that was a bad thing, i was just saying that i too felt a little disappointed
ESPECIALLY seeing as the two courses i really wanted went for 98+ last year at the uni i really wanted as well
It is and you are certainly right in thinking that "crap" and "disappointed" means very different things to people.

Like as you said although your in the top range for you, you needed higher.

Your school is in the top 200 many people posting in this thread their schools probably are not. You have to remember that because you went to a good school (just think of all the schools that don't make the top 200) your cohort are going to perform better then many others. Although within your social circle they may not be right up there.

I'm certainly not having a go at you so I don't want you to get angry/upset at me, I can very much so sympathise with you. I'm just trying to defuse the situation, keep a cool head and let EVERYBODY see the situation from another point of view.

Everyone has different expectations. BOS is commonly known for having a high number of members with high UAIs so "crap" to these members isn't what would be "crap" to members from everyday low performing public schools.

This is a highly emotional time for all. Everybody needs to remember to keep a cool head and to think about others. :)

Last edited:

nesseh

HSC
i needed an 88 for mine. ah well. missed out by a fair few.
it's just my pride that's hurt.
perhaps it's just me, but i would KILLANDBRUTALLYMURDER for a uai of 90. *light bulb appears over head*

i kid. mm yes.
i wish everyone the best of luck in making their way to the courses they desire. :)

Dancegirl99

HSC
pritnep said:
I noticed your location was Newcastle and from your post your local uni would be Newcastle Uni.

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/study/undergraduateadmissions/altentry.html - (if the link isn't working just navigate to there, shouldn't be to hard to find) should help you in working out alternative entries into uni. I know several people from my year did New Step this year and are now going into the course they wanted in 2008. Also email the uni, they will help you. :)

It is and you are certainly right in thinking that "crap" and "disappointed" means very different things to people.

Like as you said although your in the top range for you, you needed higher.

Your school is in the top 200 many people posting in this thread their schools probably are not. You have to remember that because you went to a good school (just think of all the schools that don't make the top 200) your cohort are going to perform better then many others. Although within your social circle they may not be right up there.

I'm certainly not having a go at you so I don't want you to get angry/upset at me, I can very much so sympathise with you. I'm just trying to defuse the situation, keep a cool head and let EVERYBODY see the situation from another point of view.

Everyone has different expectations. BOS is commonly known for having a high number of members with high UAIs so "crap" to these members isn't what would be "crap" to members from everyday low performing public schools.

This is a highly emotional time for all. Everybody needs to remember to keep a cool head and to think about others. :)
Thanks for the advice pritnep I take on board...
Everything mention in this post is true. I think we all just think positively and not judge ourselves against others so much. (I know I'm guilty of this)
I was stress and I'm sorry for taking it out on this site. I believe I will get my goals even if It takes a bit longer

shona1990

HSC
Lost all confidence to post my crap UAI, now since something I'd kill for is considered bad.
Meh.
Marks were okay - high band fours and fives. UAI = complete shit.

classact

HSC
i got 68.95, wanted in the 70s, but thank god for early entry ...

HSC
well what pissed me off was that i got all band 5's well okay like just made it into band 5s with 81, 81, 80, 80, 84, 79 LOL and well i thought hey maybe 80 but then this morning i woke up to find i got a 73.85 i think im gonna call up UAC and scream at them or whoever u have to call :) just to complain

xsavagex

HSC
haiironotenshi said:
well what pissed me off was that i got all band 5's well okay like just made it into band 5s with 81, 81, 80, 80, 84, 79 LOL and well i thought hey maybe 80 but then this morning i woke up to find i got a 73.85 i think im gonna call up UAC and scream at them or whoever u have to call :) just to complain
Thats what i dont understand. My friend got a 96 in textiles and then no band 5s, then 79, 79, 79, 79 and a 34/50 for religion which she wasnt counting and yet she got like 81 something.

Yet you get all 80s practically and get 73.85.
it doesnt make sense =[

I HATE UAI!!!!

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
I feel a bit sorry for my good friend. She got in her mid 60s and wanted above 80. She's trying to decide what to do with her life now, but it's a bit difficult for her. I tried to tell her that University is not a prerequisite for life and many people go on and become just as successful in other fields without having entered Uni, like Paul Keating for example. I'm at Uni and don't even know what to do, so.. there's always that also. I don't think she'll get over it for a while which is sad, but I'm sure she'll figure out what she wants, just like all of you will figure it out eventually!

One time I had to deal with someone crying and calling the HSC rigged after getting a UAI of over 99. So um.. you could always have to endure people like that also! :D

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
xsavagex said:
Thats what i dont understand. My friend got a 96 in textiles and then no band 5s, then 79, 79, 79, 79 and a 34/50 for religion which she wasnt counting and yet she got like 81 something.

Yet you get all 80s practically and get 73.85.
it doesnt make sense =[

I HATE UAI!!!!
It really depends on what subjects you do because of scalling and moderation, not the bloody marks that you get that make up your uai.

christar

bagina
HSC
I got 72.5 but all my marks ranged from 76- 87. Guess I did shit subjects. Muthafuck.

Tete-De-Chou

HSC

... I just needed 0.70 more to make the UAI I wanted.

Bloody UAC site, I had to call them b/c my pin wasn't working, so I got it changed, and now THAT isn't working.
I. Just. Want. To. Apply. Damnit! :bomb:

Shock

HSC
I wanted 70. sam told me 68 and i got 65.45. oh well uws here i come.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I could give away some of my UAI if UAI donations were permitted, I exceeded my expectations. =\
Did you get a high enough UAI to get into the course you wanted? If the answer is yes, then thats all i need to hear.

Drmon

Optimistic Cynic
HSC
Heya

I don't think my UAI was particularly bad, in fact I like it (83.35). But what I am posting for is to remind you of the bonus schemes going on in most Uni's around.

For example, most of the courses I'm interested in are 85+, but because I got band 5 in Adv english, E3 in English Extension and Band 5 in Physics - I can get a bonus 5 points in most uni's. It really is worth checking out the bonus point schemes - I was so relieved when I found them.

UWS, as far as I know, has the most points available for adding to your UAI - and most people's UAI's in this thread could get into a very decent course there with a little investigation. Just thought I'd share my findings :wave:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kiddies who recieved uais of 55+ can easily squeeze into most courses at UWS.

Once you're in, you can transfer later. :)

UWS give 5 points if you live within the area (Sth west etc) & another 5 points for doing certain subjects, as long as your results fall in the right bands.

mashiibo

HSC
67.60 -____- It could have at least been 70 goddamnit then i could do the fast-track at insearch, now im gonna waste 16 months!! arrgg i was aiming for mid to high 70's or 80 so i could get in with the bonus scheme..:burn:

I'm hoping that maybe the course is short on people/girls so i still get an offer >.<

ccc123

HSC
bringbackshred said:
God, fuck off. You got in the 90s. You're in the top fucking 10% of the state.
Everybody has their own personal standards, no matter how high or low. If you were aiming for 60 and got it, its a success. If you were aiming for 95 and fall short, its a personal dissapointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)