The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (2 Viewers)

Jimmy_B

HSC
yay, another one on the bond bandwagon. he's a class above the other express bowlers in the world. speed, swing, and smarts. the guy's unbelievable. great record against us as well.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its a shame he's beeen hampered by injury, cause he's 30 already, he had so much potential.

Jimmy_B

HSC
a bit like lee and tait then eh smokey?

- in other random news, yousuf youhana has converted to islam and changed his name to mohammed youssef. wtf. thatd be quite the confusing for most people.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
is anyone actually going to the 1 dayers? im going to the friday match, we better win

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Inzi and Chris Gayle in for Sachin and Gibbs. Dravid moves to the one day squad as well.

Jimmy_B

HSC
looks like one of ganguly or chappel is gonna have to go from the indian team, and sourav has a lot of support in the indian squad.

shame, ganguly's main strength as a captain was his motivation and the steel he gave to the younger players, but now he's past it as a batsman and not effective enough as a leader to lead the side. but he'll probably get his way.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Ganguly will have his way, but I think it's mainly to do with politics more than loyalty. He comes from a royal family apparently and he'll get what he wants whether he deserves it or not.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the pakistan A top 3 were the 3 who played against Aus last summer werent they? if only the aussie selectors were like their pakistani counterparts lol

nit

HSC
Things are hotting up in the Gangs vs Chappell saga. Harbhajan has spoken out publicly condemning Chappell and supporting his captain. However, Ganguly's always supported Harbhajan through tough times, so I guess that makes sense. Apparently the Indian team has become polarised into pro-Ganguly and pro-Chappell groups, which will all but destroy India in the upcoming series against SL, SA, Pak and England. I reckon it's time for Ganguly to step down as captain and player, however - Greg Chappell seems to be sincere in his efforts as coach.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
nit said:
Things are hotting up in the Gangs vs Chappell saga. Harbhajan has spoken out publicly condemning Chappell and supporting his captain. However, Ganguly's always supported Harbhajan through tough times, so I guess that makes sense. Apparently the Indian team has become polarised into pro-Ganguly and pro-Chappell groups, which will all but destroy India in the upcoming series against SL, SA, Pak and England. I reckon it's time for Ganguly to step down as captain and player, however - Greg Chappell seems to be sincere in his efforts as coach.
as usual...i agree with you :)
I've wanted Ganguly to step down for aaaaaaages now...India was going really well, they came over here and won the sydney and adelaide tests, played alright in the one dayers (oh fuk dont remind me of that final)...and in india they lost the test series (but they coulda drawn it if it wasnt for rain i think...kinda like the Ashes)...but now they're developing again...I read somewhere that Chappell says it'll take anywhere from 6 months to most probably years...hes hating htat media pressure i bet...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Steve Waugh needs to be the coach of India. He's embraced the culture and well respected through his humanitarian efforts. They'll listen to him, he's got the " its my way or the highway" aura.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
copious said:
Steve Waugh needs to be the coach of India. He's embraced the culture and well respected through his humanitarian efforts. They'll listen to him, he's got the " its my way or the highway" aura.
Thats true. If steve waugh said he was Jesus returning most would believe him.
Greg Chappell is very outspoken in nature and i dont think its washing very well with the indians in general. Previous coaches have had a laze-faire approach leaving players such as ganguly able to do as they wish.
The only good thing about ganguly was his offside shots - everything else about him as a player lacks discipline. He's a spoilt little brat.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol , exactly. The selectors say they look to the "future". But then they draft in guys who are on the verge of 30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)