The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
Fuck I was annoyed at Kallis. I wanted Gibbs to stay he was gun. Of course the "world's greatest batsman" looks like he wants another not out.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
GO Australia....they really pulling through....we gonna kicking butt....HAHA RSA :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Went to the game.

Not happy.

Smithy had to make the choice and had to put the Saffas in the situation where they had the risk of losing. Bowlers didnt pull through. Well done to the Saffers, and I hope they kick arse back there.

otay

HSC
Bookie said:
Went to the game.

Not happy.

Smithy had to make the choice and had to put the Saffas in the situation where they had the risk of losing. Bowlers didnt pull through. Well done to the Saffers, and I hope they kick arse back there.
Smith made the call a coupla overs early i felt. Both my dad and i were like "wow wtf, pollock is nailing em give him a few more overs til he holes out or at least put another 20 on the board in a few overs" (altho i dunno if that woulda made much different). Credit to him tho for havin balls.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
Smith made the call a coupla overs early i felt. Both my dad and i were like "wow wtf, pollock is nailing em give him a few more overs til he holes out or at least put another 20 on the board in a few overs" (altho i dunno if that woulda made much different). Credit to him tho for havin balls.
south africa had to go for it, they needed to win to have a series draw. for them a draw was not an option.

so i though smith's move was spot on, the sa bowlers on the other hand were pathetic in the 2nd innings.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
they really needed Ntini although the bowling was not good either. Smith was not backed p by his bowlers simple as that.

Whatdo you think the one day series will be like? Sri lanka with their recent form arent doing well at all but you never know, same with SA

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
OMG MARTO IS ON FIRE....Marty boy rox.....kah....GO AUSSIE...

omg how random...the commentator dude can talk to the fielders....hehe...i love 20/20...

otay

HSC
dude that was fuckn insane. Great batting, bowling, fielding from Aussies. The atmosphere looked incredible. Biggest crowd at Gabba ever is a massive feat. Kallis played well I thought he was gonna fire up, pity he gone done by some Punter magic. Looked like fun.

xlr8-crillz

HSC
Ffs Why Wont Australia Ever Lose!!!!!!!!!!!

Why???????????????????????????????????????

stazi

Nightman
HSC
xlr8-crillz said:
Ffs Why Wont Australia Ever Lose!!!!!!!!!!!

Why???????????????????????????????????????
because u touch ureself at night

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Twenty20 is gay. Oh, its fine at the international level, but as for 'the future of cricket' slogan, that will be the gayest future of a sport ever. Most of the matches that have passed, the team batting first has usually pWn3d the other side. Unlike One dayers, it is unlikely that we will see 'close' games on more than 50% of the time as we do in ODIs.

From the crowds p.o.v. It would be good to watch guys smash sixes and all, but soon enough wouldn't it all get boring. I, as a Saffer, was very bored at seeing all the sixes being smashed by Marto and Symo. It was somewhat predicdable. The Australian crowd, being drunk to add to their woes of having an IQ sub 90, cheered insanely every time a four was shit. Whoop. I'm sure that comments similar had been aid with the inception of one dayers, but at least one dayers still take up a whole day. Twenty20 should only exist for preseason bahses like last night, with nicknames on the back. Even a pre-world cup tounry wouldnt be too bad, but vertainly they should not put TwenGAY20 ahead of One dayers and Tests.

In saying that, I myself really hate Twenty20 because I am subjected to playing it on Saturdays. Playing in a lower grade social team, its real fucking annoying how the fucking GPS board decided to trial the Twengay20 system on the lower grades. There was no need to trial it, it was always gonna be shit. I think there was a meeting though and the rules have been revised. Twenty20 is shit at junior levels, because; A)it was made for players as a relaxation bash B)to attract after work crowds. Now in junior cricket, if they dont learn to play the 'V' and bowl good length balls in elementary 36over cricket or similar, how can you expect there to be good quality cricketers in the future? The other point is that it was for crowds. As much as you love little kids, the biggest crowd you'll get outside the parents of the actual players themselves will be about 2. That will be the 70 year old couple who will stand for a couple of minutes as the dog shits on the field.

In conclusion.

Twenty20 is gay.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i actually like twenty20 games....its quick...fun...and exciting...and the poms even suggested a twenty20 world cup...should be awesome....

and last nite...AUSSIE KICKED BUTT....Marto rox...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
20/20 before a big tournament is good idea, to boost interest and give the guys a bit of a hit out. This 20/20 WC stuff is just BS, as if they dont have enough on their plate as it is. We dont want kids saying " when i grow up i wanna play in the 20/20 WC "

HotShot

-_-
HSC
2020, well is shit!
basically it has no purpose, you know whats gonna happen, the batting teams is just going hit the ball as hard as they can.

as bookie it will get boring after some time. OD are better, the thrills of it cannot be matched by an 2020 only a test can surpass that.

2020 world cup, is waste they can finish it within a week, pretty useless having teams bangladesh and kenya playing. plus england only wants this world cup, so they can win it, they know they have an edge on it and since they havent a world cup before, this is an easy oppurtinity for them.

south africa doesnt have the team to play 2020 atm, they need the likes of klusener (where did he go) and rhodes.

i feel that watching just sixes all the time will get boring, with no challenge at all. basically the team that is lucky to hit the ball wins. and pratically the team that bats first will win, cos of the pressure on the batting team batting second. There is also very little to offer to the bowler,-just bowl and hopes he misses.

the leg tactics wont work all the time and as a bowler there is alittle you can do. fielders are pretty useless, basically its for the batsman.

HSC
HEALS CALLED YOU BUTTERFINGERS!

i was firmly against Twenty20 cricket, but i believe that JUST as a warm-up match prior to a one-day series it'll do just fine.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Bookie said:
Twenty20 is gay. Oh, its fine at the international level, but as for 'the future of cricket' slogan, that will be the gayest future of a sport ever. Most of the matches that have passed, the team batting first has usually pWn3d the other side. Unlike One dayers, it is unlikely that we will see 'close' games on more than 50% of the time as we do in ODIs.

From the crowds p.o.v. It would be good to watch guys smash sixes and all, but soon enough wouldn't it all get boring. I, as a Saffer, was very bored at seeing all the sixes being smashed by Marto and Symo. It was somewhat predicdable. The Australian crowd, being drunk to add to their woes of having an IQ sub 90, cheered insanely every time a four was shit. Whoop. I'm sure that comments similar had been aid with the inception of one dayers, but at least one dayers still take up a whole day. Twenty20 should only exist for preseason bahses like last night, with nicknames on the back. Even a pre-world cup tounry wouldnt be too bad, but vertainly they should not put TwenGAY20 ahead of One dayers and Tests.

In saying that, I myself really hate Twenty20 because I am subjected to playing it on Saturdays. Playing in a lower grade social team, its real fucking annoying how the fucking GPS board decided to trial the Twengay20 system on the lower grades. There was no need to trial it, it was always gonna be shit. I think there was a meeting though and the rules have been revised. Twenty20 is shit at junior levels, because; A)it was made for players as a relaxation bash B)to attract after work crowds. Now in junior cricket, if they dont learn to play the 'V' and bowl good length balls in elementary 36over cricket or similar, how can you expect there to be good quality cricketers in the future? The other point is that it was for crowds. As much as you love little kids, the biggest crowd you'll get outside the parents of the actual players themselves will be about 2. That will be the 70 year old couple who will stand for a couple of minutes as the dog shits on the field.

In conclusion.

Twenty20 is gay.
Agree...20 20 is bad

1. 2 good overs from one bowler ends the game. 20 overs is not enough time to come back.

2. Only going to see a few batsmen bat.

3. Every kid on the weekend will adopt a slog attitude and won't keep the ball down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)