• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HSC
nothing too surprising on AB night, feel sorry for andy symonds though, all you have is one slip up and it costs him one day player of the year. unfortunate, i thought symmo's points weren't even going to be counted at the beginning but turns out he wouldve been winnar.

good on punter for winning AB medal twice, deserves it in my books although hussey was pretty close, if he continues current form for the rest of this year hes in good running to get the AB medal next year.

anybody else notice eddy mcguire say 'Allan Border medallist 2007'? lol, i think he said it twice.

anyway i like posting in what seems to be the only relevant thread in BoS to me at the moment.

should be a cracker today between SL and SA, hopefully pollock is back into the side 'cos the proteas will need him. and i also hope to see boucher at the no.4 spot again, if not higher IMO.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
garbagedump said:
"for putting you on his ignore list, yet you are doing the same." i said i think i"I think i will soon p"

"Actually most users do not have time to edit their posts and correct typos and also "hypocrite comment" IT''S hypocritical comment

learn how to read posts properly...
BAHAHAHA i love this..... if YOU read MY post properly, you would see that in context, "hypocrite comment" is right. i was REFERRING to my own call at naming you a hypocrite.
if i was to say hypocritical comment, that would be calling myself a hypocrite, loser.

so, essentially, you have contradicted yourself AGAIN. methinks you should learn how to read posts properly.

to agree with bj bhoy, stop filling this thread with nonsensical crap.

Back to cricket.....
Well... looks like the ab medal was waaaaaay surprising :p

HSC
ahahaha....so this ban on botha applies for both tests and onedayers right?

GEE what a bungle the SL batting order got up to. lucky they got a boundary to save atapattu from being run out.

SL will be struggling to win any games against australia with average fielding and poor communication between batsmen, but at the same time australia isnt perfect either (you just have to look at symmo and clarke).

anyway looking forward to AUS series win

HotShot

-_-
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
nothing too surprising on AB night, feel sorry for andy symonds though, all you have is one slip up and it costs him one day player of the year. unfortunate, i thought symmo's points weren't even going to be counted at the beginning but turns out he wouldve been winnar.

good on punter for winning AB medal twice, deserves it in my books although hussey was pretty close, if he continues current form for the rest of this year hes in good running to get the AB medal next year.

anybody else notice eddy mcguire say 'Allan Border medallist 2007'? lol, i think he said it twice.

anyway i like posting in what seems to be the only relevant thread in BoS to me at the moment.

should be a cracker today between SL and SA, hopefully pollock is back into the side 'cos the proteas will need him. and i also hope to see boucher at the no.4 spot again, if not higher IMO.
Tats bullshit, only reason symonds was banned from gettin the award was cos he was abo. Ponting was in heap of shit, swearing, spitting, talking back to the umpires,etc. but he got away with it cos he was white.

Damn indians score 328 and still lose, congrats to tendulkar 35 hundreds i think only 32!

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
Symonds isn't abo...anyways sucked in to warney and to a lesser extent Symonds. LOL
I don't know, Sri Lanka can play well in the SCG, and the pitch at adelaide is good for spinners. What's this ban on botha? %$%# Stupid aussies, they're always scard of something different

HSC
contrary to popular belief, symonds isn't actually aboriginal. both his parents came from the west indies, and he was born in england.

so he had cricketing opportunities to play for either the west indies or england, but decided to play for australia instead.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
contrary to popular belief, symonds isn't actually aboriginal. both his parents came from the west indies, and he was born in england.

so he had cricketing opportunities to play for either the west indies or england, but decided to play for australia instead.
my point wasnt really on the appearance, but rather how unfair it was towards him. he did one mistake, it wasnt that bad at all, compared to pontings. consdier boony, 52 beers on a flight, was he banned fined etc.

aj_number_10

HSC
comparing symonds case to boonys is stupid

Note: Boon drank on a plane.

Note: Andrew Symonds stayed up later than the scheduled time allowed, he went out later than he was allowed, he didnt go to bed that night, he arrived at the ground drunk ........... the same Andrew Symonds whose supposed to walk out onto the field and represent his country that day. He deserved his suspension, its way worse than anything else done this year, and im a symonds fan.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
HotShot said:
Tats bullshit, only reason symonds was banned from gettin the award was cos he was abo. Ponting was in heap of shit, swearing, spitting, talking back to the umpires,etc. but he got away with it cos he was white.
Thats a load of shit. Race didnae come into it with Symonds, and yes, while back in the 80's some aussie players might have rocked up to games half cut, and treated like heroes for it, today that is not acceptible. We play our players shitloads to be professional, and a one match ban was deserved. Suspension has ruled others out in the past too, Boof Lehmann was a contenter a few years ago but he got suspended for calling a sri lankan player a black cunt.

But I feel that every player who actually played and lost in that Bangladeshi match deserved a suspension too.

aj_number_10 said:
comparing symonds case to boonys is stupid

Note: Boon drank on a plane.

Note: Andrew Symonds stayed up later than the scheduled time allowed, he went out later than he was allowed, he didnt go to bed that night, he arrived at the ground drunk ........... the same Andrew Symonds whose supposed to walk out onto the field and represent his country that day. He deserved his suspension, its way worse than anything else done this year, and im a symonds fan.
Agree with that entirely.

funnybunny said:
Symonds isn't abo...anyways sucked in to warney and to a lesser extent Symonds. LOL
I don't know, Sri Lanka can play well in the SCG, and the pitch at adelaide is good for spinners. What's this ban on botha? %$%# Stupid aussies, they're always scard of something different
Why "sucked in" to warney? He got an award, innit? And I hardly think the Aussie batsmen shit themselves at the prospect of facing Botha :p

Jimmy_B

HSC
symonds isn't even indigenous, he's a mix of white and west indian.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
that reminds me when people use to think wendell sailor was abo lol

anyway now with botha gone, nike boje will be back! or paul adams the nuffy.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
isnt symonds from jamaica...meh...n e wyz im glad hussey got the one day player of the year...hehe...but the AB medal was close...i wanted hussey to get it but ponting is aiite...:)

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
"hy "sucked in" to warney? He got an award, innit? And I hardly think the Aussie batsmen shit themselves at the prospect of facing Both" I never said the australian batsmen :p but the public....look at murali, still been annoyed on the field because he is a world class bowler. I think it's more the prospect, "hey mate we don't have a bloke to bowl a doshira (or wateva) let's get botha or murali" though i agree botha's action is more suspect than murali.
Lucky Shane Bond has a good bowling action, we really don't want another bowler publicly annoyed, because Australian batsmen can't face them. :)
GO NEW ZEALAND/SOUTH AFRICA/ENGLAND for world cup!!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah Shane bond for PM! Just looked at his stats and didnt know they were that good, too bad he is 31 already, stupid injuries fucked him up.

Tests : 12 matches 56 wickets at 20.80 at 3.34 p/o
ODI : 40 matches 70 wickets at 18.63 at 4.27 p/o

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Bond for PM? Whats wrong with that guy you already have as PM, whats his name, I forget him now... Ah, thats right, Helen! :p

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
tasha1188 said:
isnt symonds from jamaica...meh...n e wyz im glad hussey got the one day player of the year...hehe...but the AB medal was close...i wanted hussey to get it but ponting is aiite...:)
the AB medal is a tally of votes that the players receive over (what i assume to be) a year or so. the reason hussey didnt get it is becuase he hasn't been in the side long enough (you would need to have credible test presence as well as OD) to gain as many points as punter.

WonkaHead22

HSC
HotShot said:

Damn indians score 328 and still lose, congrats to tendulkar 35 hundreds i think only 32!
omg blah blah blah everythign is racist isnt it

listen then why would they let Michael Bevan in? His dad was Sri lankan

And what about Stuart Clark? Indian Parents

no one is racist get over it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)