The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
South Africa play ODIs in Australia without 3 key players (Ntini, Kallis, Nel) and make competitive scores and some good performaces. Australia lose 3 key players, and they get

PWNED

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
tasha1188 said:
haha...thats funny...australia building...they cant even win a game overseas...and they are getting their butts kicked in SA...all out for 93...thats pathetic...i rkn australia have a lot of work to do with the 2007 WC next year...we need to learn not to rely on Ponting...without him we're getting ours butts kicked...our top order batsmen have a lot of wrk to do...especially gilly and katy...and aussie really need ponting and symonds back in the team if we wanna win this series...

yeh ashraful is really good...bangladesh are blessed with a player like him :p

btw did india win that match against england...i have no idea wats happening in that series :p
im confused. how can we learn how not to rely on players like ponting if we get him back in the side asap? :confused:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
tasha1188 said:
haha...thats funny...australia building...they cant even win a game overseas...and they are getting their butts kicked in SA...all out for 93...thats pathetic...i rkn australia have a lot of work to do with the 2007 WC next year...we need to learn not to rely on Ponting...without him we're getting ours butts kicked...our top order batsmen have a lot of wrk to do...especially gilly and katy...and aussie really need ponting and symonds back in the team if we wanna win this series...

yeh ashraful is really good...bangladesh are blessed with a player like him :p

btw did india win that match against england...i have no idea wats happening in that series :p
Nah, Australia have just chosen a shit team for the SA team, i dont know how you leave it Gillespie, Tait, and then take Martyn, and that other dude, Bring back Bevan everythin should be fine, bevo and lehmann.

As for the india match it ended up in a draw, interesting match. If only sehwag didnt get out for a duck india would have won. India 200 off 25 overs, and they went for it, but bad light and only a falling wickets, so it didnt happen.

I think for Australia - Katich,CLarke,Hussey, Ponting, thats the middle order, openers, jacques and gilchrist (perhaps hayden), then bowlers, lee,gillespie,tait,hogg and mcgrath. killer bowling attack.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
Bookies Australian team for the WC

Gilchrist
Jaques
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Hussey
Bevan
Warne
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

Might be hard running between the wickets with Bevo - he carries a bat and a walking stick.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Bookie said:
Bookies Australian team for the WC

Gilchrist
Jaques
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Hussey
Bevan
Warne
Lee
Bracken
McGrath
i like ur team...but watson is good as well...he should be in the team

n e wyz

WE WON WE WON WE WON!!!...WE FINALLY WON...GO AUSSIE :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Bookie said:
Watsons not good enough

I'd take Kasper and Bichel along.
t lol, dont forget mark waugh - champion opener. on that note, boonie w ould do fine as well

sri lanka can bring back ranatunga whilst india will somehow convince dev to play a few more matches. Pakistan will bring akram and khan and maybe anwar....

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Might be hard running between the wickets with Bevo - he carries a bat and a walking stick.
tehehehehe
i was just going to say that.. uhhhhh bevan is kinda old. same with lehmann.

HSC
Smokey_22 said:

can't he just double his bat as a walking stick?

im trying to look for the scorecard for the last ODI we won against SA...shit

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
All hail Scott Styris. Smacks 103 off 122 balls then takes 2 for 2 off two overs!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
copious said:
All hail Scott Styris. Smacks 103 off 122 balls then takes 2 for 2 off two overs!
Oh, his wicket against the night-watchman is almost immaterial.

But nabbing Gayle was a big blow for the Windies.

Styris is a pretender, copious. He goes good against the poor teams, but as soon as he comes up against quality, he invariably almost always fails.

@tasha1188,

Kasprowicz coming into the squad and replacing Bracken is one of the worst selection decisions since the turn of the millenium.

Bracken was Australia's leading wicket-taker in the VB Series. He has been the only bowler apart from Brett Lee showing signs that he can actually take wickets.

Kasprowicz is selected based on his current domestic form .. why wasn't Dizzy Gillespie chosen, then? He's taken something like 25 wickets at about 20 since he was dumped during the Ashes .. that is more than solid.

I'll say now that unless Warne and Lee perform miracles, Australia will lose the Test series. Or draw it at best.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
To be honest I havnt seen much of Styris play, so i'll take your word for it. All I know is that they need to bring back Chris Harris!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
copious said:
To be honest I havnt seen much of Styris play, so i'll take your word for it. All I know is that they need to bring back Chris Harris!
New Zealand will be over here for the VB series in January 2007.

You can see then. Against England and Australia, I reckon Styris will collapse.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
New Zealand will be over here for the VB series in January 2007.

You can see then. Against England and Australia, I reckon Styris will collapse.
maybe hard to say.. first lets see how england handle india in the ODIS. At the moment England are struggling against Indian bowlers 5/200 pretty bad against India. ALthough no trecothick or vaughan, cook played really well.

if england struggle in the ODIS against India, i think New Zealand have a gud chance to be placed in the VB FInals

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Oh, his wicket against the night-watchman is almost immaterial.

But nabbing Gayle was a big blow for the Windies.

Styris is a pretender, copious. He goes good against the poor teams, but as soon as he comes up against quality, he invariably almost always fails.

@tasha1188,

Kasprowicz coming into the squad and replacing Bracken is one of the worst selection decisions since the turn of the millenium.

Bracken was Australia's leading wicket-taker in the VB Series. He has been the only bowler apart from Brett Lee showing signs that he can actually take wickets.

Kasprowicz is selected based on his current domestic form .. why wasn't Dizzy Gillespie chosen, then? He's taken something like 25 wickets at about 20 since he was dumped during the Ashes .. that is more than solid.

I'll say now that unless Warne and Lee perform miracles, Australia will lose the Test series. Or draw it at best.

i reckon.... bracken has been the outstanding one day bowler recently, filling the pigeons shoes admirably, lee has gone off the boil a bit, and his death bowling has been quite shocking. also the selectors must love that .2 or somehitn average difference bwtween gillespie and kaspa.

do14

HSC
go aust, and GO PONTING - 164 (105), how good is he. and SA your the team known for choking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)