The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (2 Viewers)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It was fun listening to Gilly commentating :rofl: Three sixes in a row, with the commentators egging him on to do it :p

BlackDragon

HSC
haha yeah. that was funny as hell. he said something like "australia well on top in the KFC Twenty20 match. england in trouble again in this tour. 4/60" hahahahahaha.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i missed the game. :(

damnn it. i saw one thing. someone getting run out. :( that was it. damn hate sleepovers. :p

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Just a question, what do the powerplays do?

i don't understand them. :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Restricts the team that is fielding to allow 2 fieldsman outside the circle, and the rest inside it (i think). It lets the batting team score lots of runs :)

I think there are two powerplays for a team in their innings, and Ponting usually does it between the 10th and 20th over :p

BlackDragon

HSC
first ten overs is a forced power play of fielding restrictions (as described above).
then the captain must implement two periods of 5 overs of the same fielding restrictions at any point in the game. these are power plays 2 & 3.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I can't believe channel 9 showed A Current Affair instead of the first 6 overs of the cricket. If they aren't going to show the whole thing they should have it taken away from them.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Why is Paul Nixon playing? wtf is wrong with England! no wonder they are ranked 8th in the ODI!!

fuck, what a bunch of losers.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Isnt Nixon 37 y.o? Fuck, he's as old as McGrath and he's making his ODI debut. They should have selected harmison rather than anderson.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
hehe Australia wins by 8 wickets. Gilchrist again ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Bond has dismissed Ponting out 6 times in 7 matches i think.

Is Cairns still playing?

BlackDragon

HSC
PIETERSON IS OUT FOR THE SERIES

I can't wait till we play NZ though. I'm mean, we've been watching England lose for months now and NZ is the 2nd ranked ODI side and will be a fresh and challenging side for Aus.

haque

HSC
Shane Bond and Jacob Oram used to play for my local rep team(they were way senior though lol-Central Districts they played for but Bond moved) He has the best strike rate in cricket but his back's stuffed up-to be honest the kiwis top order is exceptuionally weak and if aust get 2 quick wickets we'l probably see them to be 5 or 6 down for like 80, it'll then be vettori and franklin again. As for Cairns he retired unfortunately, favourite all rounder(stuff flintoff although he's really good Cairns was more of a match winner)

haque

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
harmison retired from ODI's a couple of weeks ago.

KP's out for the rest of the series, im australian and im shattered :(
KP is the best thing that's happened to england for a long time

BlackDragon

HSC
3/161 then 7/28. Go NZ...
Another long, pointless one day series really. Australia is already in the final - We may lose one or two (maybe) along the way but it means nothing. Now it is up to two crappy[ier] sides to fight out for the remaining finals spot.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is Australia playing India or Pakistan this year?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
BlackDragon said:
3/161 then 7/28. Go NZ...
Another long, pointless one day series really. Australia is already in the final - We may lose one or two (maybe) along the way but it means nothing. Now it is up to two crappy[ier] sides to fight out for the remaining finals spot.
They lost their first 2 wickets before they even had 10 runs. Basically they only managed 1 worthwhile partnership. Neither NZ or England look like they have any chance of beating Australia in any of the 1 day matches.

martin88

HSC
N/A
haque said:
KP is the best thing that's happened to england for a long time
and harmison is the best thing that happened to Australia in a very long time

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
poor pietersen. :( he was in my dream team too.. (because you could only pick four from each country. -_-)

NZ looked crap.... mind me for being slow , but i have to lol at nixon. what does the old man think he's doing? LAWL NICE DEBUT. TRYHARD. HOW MANY RUNS?

i see. 0. thats okay..at least your average is..wait.. 0? X) haha. ahhhh :) poms.

Jimmy_B

HSC
South African officials are investigating an incident during the fourth day of the first Test against Pakistan in which an unnamed South African allegedly made an insulting remark which was heard by television viewers around the world.

"They're like animals," was the comment picked up by a stump microphone which apparently had not been turned off as normally happens soon after a ball has been bowled.

Mickey Arthur, South Africa's coach, said the comment had been the subject of complaining e-mails, some "from as far afield as Pakistan." He added: "The comment was not aimed at any Pakistan player."

Arthur said the incident was the subject of an internal investigation and that a statement will be issued on Monday. As far as he was aware, he said, it had not become a matter for match referee Chris Broad.

The comment was made shortly before lunch, soon after a complaint from the South African team about three spectators near the boundary who allegedly swore at bowler Paul Harris.

The head of security at the ground, Terence Jacobs, said the three spectators, who were supporters of Pakistan, were questioned and two were asked to leave the ground after admitting that they had sworn at the players.

Arthur added he was not happy about the stump microphones. "They are a bit intrusive," he said. "What is said on the field should stay on the field."
apparently what was said was something along the lines of "fucking paki's go back to your fucken zoo" and on paki tv inzi seemed to point the finger at gibbs.

funny how the south africans can come to our country complain about racist abuse, "warn" monty of how racist australians are and then let fly with this sort of shit. biggest cunts in world cricket and have been for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)