The Official Cycling Thread (1 Viewer)

TheTutorBot

HSC
Because the old one got nuked, we need a new one.

For those that aren't yet aware, Jack Bobridge broke the 11 yr old "Superman" 4km individual pursuit world record at the 2011 Scody Australian Track cycling Championships.

The record was supposedly "impossible to beat" with todays technology and the current rules on seating position.

TheTutorBot

HSC
I got perma banned by request but now I'm here looking for work...and posting everywhere else just spreads my sig around lol

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
this reminds me. i need to go for a ride. i haven't ridden in years :S, fucking hsc.

TheTutorBot

HSC
My bike got used for the first time in 6 months the other day...by a friend who had left theirs in adelaide

TheTutorBot

HSC
My roadie was the one that got borrowed..used to get ridden every day unless I was racing my XC bike..these days i ride the XC bike a little and the roadie not at all

You DH from memory?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
My roadie was the one that got borrowed..used to get ridden every day unless I was racing my XC bike..these days i ride the XC bike a little and the roadie not at all

You DH from memory?
Umm yeh, well I wasn't that into it, just a bit of fun every now and then. My mates were all heaps into it. I just ride a hard tail, nothing special. Most of the decent tracks around here got bulldosed so heaps gave up on it.

TheTutorBot

HSC
It a half hour drive to the nearest moderately decent trail for me now, there used to be a bunch of good ones around where I live

TheTutorBot

HSC
Aziz Awang possibly out of world cup!

cyclingnews.com said:
Set to have surgery to remove splinter this morning

Aziz Awang (Malaysia) is still in hospital after suffering a horrendous injury in last night’s Keirin final and will miss the world championships next month in Apeldoorn, Holland.

The Malaysian ‘pocket-rocket’ sprinter is scheduled to undergo surgery Sunday morning after a splinter, 9 inches in length, went through his lower left leg. Head coach of the Malaysian track team, John Beasley, believes that Awang can still make a full recovery ahead of next year’s Olympic Games in London.

“He had a scan this morning so they could find out if it has gone through any veins or arteries. This morning they’ll remove it and all going well we can fly him home in a week. He’s the Chris Hoy of Malaysian cycling so for us it’s about getting him right for the Olympics,” Beasley said.

“It’s sad that he won’t be at worlds but we just want him to get back on track, slowly, slowly. He’s a tough little character and he races giants. All he’s worried about is the Olympics but he’ll be fine. We’ll make sure that we bring things on nice and steady.”

Despite the crash and the subsequent injury, Awang got back to his feet and finished the race in third place, unaware of the injury to his leg. The points secured in finishing third were enough to secure the overall standings in the Keirin World Cup, ahead of Hoy, but as he stood by the barriers assessing the cuts to his back and arms he glanced down to see the full extent of his wounds.

“It was most probably a pedal that had gone into the track and he’s slid into the splinter. The only way they can do it is by surgically going in from both ends and spreading it apart and pulling it out.” said Beasley.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)