The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Let's hope it's not a repeat of the 2001/02 season. It's still too early to call it. Liverpool have proven that too many times.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
dunno why he left, must have been the money and the resources he gets at tottenham...but also the pressure.

had a good thing going at pmouth
They made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Which just means a lot of money. And why not, he's won a game in his first game in charge!

I guess those Spurs jokes are no longer funny now.

Can't believe Chelsea lost. They played incredibly shite to be honest, and probably deserved to lose the game. Liverpool does look like they'll be challenging now. With Torres in the ranks they really do mean business this season. That's not good news, but there's still a long way to go. They haven't really been under the type of pressure of chasing trophies in recent years, and we'll see how they'll respond to these situations during the latter months of the competition. Arsenal faltered last season, the same could happen with Liverpool.

Hull vs Chelsea, now that'll be interesting. :)

kuytbird

HSC
Premier leagues not won in a day. Long way to go.
Maradona to coach Argentina....

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Quite sensational news. The god of Argentina is now the coach of Argentina. His coaching record isn't great though, but we'll see how this goes. There are still 8 games to go before the end of World Cup qualification, there is enough time for Argentina to get a new coach if the performances aren't up to scratch before South Africa. This is assuming that Argentina will qualify, and I'm pretty sure that they will.

Interestingly enough, due to Maradona's past drugs record, all propsed games in Australia and United States have been suspended as he's barred from entering the countries.

walrusbear

HSC
FUCK!!!

i'm gonna have to call it already arsenal fans. we're not going to contend this season (again)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The season is still early, and they're only 6 points off and in third place, so I don't know why you would have that pessimistic view.

HSC
Aplus said:
The season is still early, and they're only 6 points off and in third place, so I don't know why you would have that pessimistic view.
they can't win if they conceded late goals like that and drop points. these are exactly the kind of games that they need to win to contend for the title.

not surprised to see a liverpool fan knocking a pessimistic viewpoint though. every year is your year, right? :hammer:

i jest.

p.s. anyone see that absolutely outrageous piece of skill from berbatov to set up cristiano ronaldo's second goal? sublime.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
man i turned on the tv at the 89th minute and watched jenas score an absolute peach of a goal than the equaliser a few minutes later.

it really felt inevitable.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
fucking baba da diop or whatever he's called.
fucking lulz.

thanks for the 2 bonus points, tah.

edit; im a fucking retard i totally forgot i posted in the thread a minute ago ahahahahahaha. blame the lack of sleep last night.

Evertonian

HSC
I cannot believe the spurs, lol

Liverpool fans should be worried about vsing spurs at white hart lane this saturday or sunday. :)
Im not saying liverpool will lose but like after this performance well they can do anything.
bolton 0 - everton 1 :):):):):)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
na not really, arsenal just choked because of their fragile defense and mental strength.

they could have easily put 6+ past that spurs defence, which is a joke.

oy before the game fabregas said that tottenham would find it hard to get a point of the arsenal ladies. =D

jcurry

HSC
u-borat said:
na not really, arsenal just choked because of their fragile defense and mental strength.

oy before the game fabregas said that tottenham would find it hard to get a point of the arsenal ladies. =D
lol i remember reading that before the game and thinking ' cesc ur gonna regret saying that'

HalcyonSky

HSC
4-4?

4-4?!!

i missed that game, must have been truly epic

kuytbird

HSC
First goal - the guy had to know from training that he stays off his line. Still a good strike but, hit it well enuf..

And berbatov destroyed that bloke. good bit of skill in a tight corner.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
Gomes is a joke. He almost gifted another goal to Arsenal the other day. And that mistake against Udinese was pure comedy.

But I'm hoping Spurs can win against Liverpool this weekend. COYS! :D

Rhys0103

HSC
I watch the Arsenal vs Tottenham game.
Absolute thriller except Arsenal switched off with 20 minutes to go, they were toying with spurs and got what they deserve lol
Also there are rumours Arsenal players were involved in a furious post-match bust-up.
Love a great North London Derby especially when Arsenal screw up
Go Manchester United

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)