The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Or did China just play better?
China did play better but we still played like shit. With a second half preformance like that and other games I say after the Asia cup get a dif coach.

Raginsheep

HSC
This coach thing has dragged out too long though. I think some in the FFA are still hoping for Hiddink to return.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
China did play better but we still played like shit. With a second half preformance like that and other games I say after the Asia cup get a dif coach.
I think you're being too critical here. It was a friendly, we were comfortably ahead, there was no need to risk any injuries by going for it in the second half, knowing that China will come out firing to get some respectability. Arnold did the right thing by me, giving the A-League players some time to play, but he could've done so much earlier, which could have been more beneficial.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Dammit, England had another shit game. 0-0 against Israel. The only good thing to come out of it were the performances of Gerrard and Carragher, with the later having a few goalward headers.
Steve Mclaren hasn't really improved on anything, the team is falling way short of the individual players potential.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
Dammit, England had another shit game. 0-0 against Israel. The only good thing to come out of it were the performances of Gerrard and Carragher, with the later having a few goalward headers.
Steve Mclaren hasn't really improved on anything, the team is falling way short of the individual players potential.

Super Stevie's turned England into Middlesbrough. To think they could have had Scolari instead......

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
from an email said:
From a number of sources.

Abramovich’s wife to bid for Arsenal football club
In a shocking move, Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife Irina has declared she wants to use her divorce settlement to buy Arsenal in a bid to outdo her ex-husband.

In an interview with the Siberian Express she said; “I spent many long boring hours with Roman, both in the bedroom and at Stamford Bridge. Now that we’re divorced, I want some excitement in my life.”

She's joking, right ? About Arsenal, I mean
Although it might seem hilarious, I'd probably stop supporting Arsenal and pick a League Two team to follow. It'd be a bitch to watch the games though.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Meh, it's more likely that Sir Alex will leave Man United and manage West Brom. Arsenal might as well sell to Arabs instead.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Meh, it's more likely that Sir Alex will leave Man United and manage West Brom. Arsenal might as well sell to Arabs instead.
Cynical cunt. Then again, who can blame you, your club sold it's soul a long time ago.

bng

HSC
HeCtic said:
Cynical cunt. Then again, who can blame you, your club sold it's soul a long time ago.
OOOHHH shit. Big call by hectic
But wait u two, who is the most successful team in england?

Id hate to see Abramovich's wife buy Arsenal just to get back at her X. Isnt the best for football

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Eh...? I was just saying that the chances of that happening are slim to none.

The Glazers takeover was very hostile, it wasn't like we handed ownership to them on a plate. They convinced our major shareholders to sell their shares, and everything just happened after that. We didn't want to sell, but being a plc such case cannot be prevented unless the shareholders keep hold of their shares instead of selling it.

The soul of the football club still stays within the club, the Busby legacy still lives on, and we're finding our winning ways back this season. All the BS talk of the club going to rot was just ridiculously out of context, and so is this selling our soul garbage.

Anyway there's no hard feelings, I wasn't having a dig at you. I don't think Arsenal will sell anytime soon, although the Americans might buy ITV's share of Arsenal, so who knows, maybe you will go under American ownership too.

bng said:
Typical Scouser, quit living in the past.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Eh...? I was just saying that the chances of that happening are slim to none.
Yeah,but you sounded like a bit of a cynical smartass when you said it though. Me calling someone a cunt shouldn't be taken too seriously either.

LMF^^ said:
The Glazers takeover was very hostile, it wasn't like we handed ownership to them on a plate. They convinced our major shareholders to sell their shares, and everything just happened after that. We didn't want to sell, but being a plc such case cannot be prevented unless the shareholders keep hold of their shares instead of selling it.

The soul of the football club still stays within the club, the Busby legacy still lives on, and we're finding our winning ways back this season. All the BS talk of the club going to rot was just ridiculously out of context, and so is this selling our soul garbage.

You sold your soul when you became a PLC. Your team and Madrid are the footballing pioneers of selling out, well before the Glazers and Abramovich came to the party.

LMF^^ said:
Anyway there's no hard feelings, I wasn't having a dig at you. I don't think Arsenal will sell anytime soon, although the Americans might buy ITV's share of Arsenal, so who knows, maybe you will go under American ownership too.
Nah, Kroenke isn't buying the ITV stake. He said it yesterday. Arsenal is too incredibly hard to buy into right now. It'll be a while before any takeover, mainly as all the current shareholder want to fill their pockets with our new increased income stream before they move on.

bng said:
OOOHHH shit. Big call by hectic
Yeah, wow. Hope you guys are lubing up for this weekend. You might need a whole new bottle of Vaseline for the occasion, don't worry Freddie can lend you his. You guys can save your money for doorknob sacks or whatever.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Hey, it could be worse, you could not be a succesful team, have titus bramble in your defensive line and be partly owned by fat fucking freddy shepard... now children, shut the fuck up until you've got something real to complain about, like any number of issues Newcastle fan have these days. ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
Hey, it could be worse, you could not be a succesful team, have titus bramble in your defensive line and be partly owned by fat fucking freddy shepard... now children, shut the fuck up until you've got something real to complain about, like any number of issues Newcastle fan have these days. ;)
You could be worse, like Leeds United. ;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Raiks said:
Hey, it could be worse, you could not be a succesful team, have titus bramble in your defensive line and be partly owned by fat fucking freddy shepard... now children, shut the fuck up until you've got something real to complain about, like any number of issues Newcastle fan have these days.
What's worse than being Scouse? Maybe a Spurs fan, but that's debatable to say the least.

But I see your point, Souness must've sucked out any optimism a Newcastle fan could ever have for their club.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Gerrard had a great game for England against Andorra (3-0). 2 brilliant goals and one assist from him. Though i only saw the last minutes it was clear that the team's performance was still below average.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
Gerrard had a great game for England against Andorra (3-0). 2 brilliant goals and one assist from him. Though i only saw the last minutes it was clear that the team's performance was still below average.
Oh sif, two goals against an Andorran team which is thrashed reguarly 4-0+ every game against semi-quality oppposition. If anything his two goals have led Gerrard to be the most hated man in England right at this minute.

Why? His two goals have kept Steve McClaren in his job.

At half-time. the crowd was rocking with chants of “Steve McClaren is a wanker” and “There’s only one David Beckham”. And then the square-headed mug from Liverpool had to ruin it with two pretty decent goals.

None of the above can detract from another abject England performance, and I'm sure plenty were hoping they’d fail to win simply to see the back of McClaren. To be honest, if anybody’s job should be under threat, it’s Brian Barwick: the man who appointed him.

It’s not McClaren’s fault he’s crap…

Oh and Roeder is looking at signing Wes Brown from Man U.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Wes deserves better, I don't wanna see him rot in Geordieland.

Gerrard didn't get the assist, it goes to Defoe who made the shot.

Anyway, I wouldn't say he had a great game, but he had a good game nonetheless. Against this Andorran team which fields part-time players, you should expect much much better performances from a team like England. On current form, they have no chance of qualifying. McClaren lost it when he dropped Beckham, so he wanted to make a statement, but that shouldn't be at the expense of the interests of the team.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the game against Blackburn. It's gonna be tough again, but I believe in the determination of the team. Ronaldo will do it again for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)