The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Jimmy_B

HSC
- L1n - said:
It's purely common sense and assumption, i'm pretty sure the likes of Bill Gates, Donald trump, Dell Owner etc etc have herd read or seen the uprising of Chelsea and i'm sure they keep info about their fellow Billionaires, i mean they r Businessmen, what Businessmen do best is compete and steal Ideas, Look at Bill gates his a rich biilionaire becos he was smart enbough to invest in microchips, look how he turned out, Trump was no one until he hit the real estates, sooner or later someone will try what Roman is currently doing everyday goes by and people read more and more about Roman, i'm sure someone will mimic his approach aswell, it might not be for Years till someone else rich buys another English Club but still it's going to go down that path, so hence his days r limited.

But yes Roman is a gay mofo and so is Kenyon (Traitor of the century) i hope them both rot in their own greed, i mean wtf they r trying to win the league by preventing other teams to improve. Oh well i'm sick of Chelsea i hope they don't win nothing this year.
roman is trying to launder his dirty money out of russia so putin can't touch it. chelsea is running at an unbelievable loss. unless another crook looks to do the same no idiot will invest so heavily in another football club.

haha, purely common sense......

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
roman is trying to launder his dirty money out of russia so putin can't touch it. chelsea is running at an unbelievable loss. unless another crook looks to do the same no idiot will invest so heavily in another football club.

haha, purely common sense......
Quoted for emphasis.

Although Kenyon keeps sayin Chelsea will run itself like a business, I really can't see it happenin, at least not in the next 10 years. Massive transfer fees bein paid out to buy players every season can never cover their income. The only way they can do that is probably win the European Cup every season, highly unlikely.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
"Beware of Berbatov" ey? Berbatov is a fantastic striker. I look forward to seeing what kind of impact he can have in the EPL. I also look forward to watching several other new signings, especially Sheva, Ballack, Rosicky, McCarthy, and of course, Michael Carrick.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
And also, before, I didn't know you guys were talking about Man U, I just saw someone mention the Arse before, so I assumed that was it.

You need someone who is more stable, consistent and team-focussed than Rooney, I'm not too sure if Tevez fits in that role, but then again, I don't know too much about Tevez
More stable, consistent and team-focused than Rooney...? Mind you but he's one of the most team-focused players around, and as for bein consistent, he ranks along as one of the most consistent performers there is. There aren't many players in the world today who can better Rooney in those departments. So I don't know what you're talkin about there.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
That's got very little to do with the Rooney's "maturity" and more to do with his natural temperament. Some players are calmer and less aggressive than others.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Is Rooney stable? Perhaps not. His red cards and continuous discipline promblems are evidence of this.

Is he consistent and team-focussed? Yes, definitely. Refer to LMF^^'s comments above. He was our most consistent performer over the course of last season...winning the EPL Young Player award and named on the shotlist for best player in the EPL. Rooney is also extremely team-focussed. His determination to do his best for United is probably the reason why he gets so frustrated when things aren't going right for the side. His recent statements about wanting to stay at United for his entire career are further evidence that he is team-focussed.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ferguson chucks tantrums, but he is one of the greatest managers of all time. Yes, Rooney does have a short fuse, but he is gettin better at controllin it. He is just becomin a victim of his reputation, and that incident at the World Cup is just an unfortunate accident. If that is what you call stability, then I wouldn't be too worried. A lot of players have brain explosions too, like Zidane.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
LottoX said:
The thing that I was getting at was that he needed someone who would teach him something that he couldn't learn by himself. Someone who was more mature in experience to teach him to control his temperament and passion. It's not like I'm saying he's a bad player, it's just that his discipline and passion can fog his own percpetion of the game sometimes.
The thing is, there's no "learning curve" that takes someone like Rooney from temperamental to calm. Some players are just naturally hot tempered. Refer to LMF's examples of Zidane and Sir Alex.

EDIT: I hate Ferguson; anyone who dislikes him is exiled from the team, and as displayed before, what can I say? Zidane> I'm an Italy fan, so you can kind of guess what's going to happen there...
you're not going to deny that those two were among the most successful and respected people in football...

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Is Rooney stable? Perhaps not. His red cards and continuous discipline promblems are evidence of this.

Is he consistent and team-focussed? Yes, definitely. Refer to LMF^^'s comments above. He was our most consistent performer over the course of last season...winning the EPL Young Player award and named on the shotlist for best player in the EPL. Rooney is also extremely team-focussed. His determination to do his best for United is probably the reason why he gets so frustrated when things aren't going right for the side. His recent statements about wanting to stay at United for his entire career are further evidence that he is team-focussed.

Rooney is a naturally aggressive person. Such aggression forms part of the reason why he is so competitive and successful. Maybe he needs to control his temper a little bit so they he stops being red carded...but this may effect the way he plays the game.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Zidane> I'm an Italy fan, so you can kind of guess what's going to happen there...
I'm a Portugal fan. Zidane and his French side knocked us out of the World Cup. This does not in any way alter my opinion that he was the greatest player over the last decade. A true football fan would respect Zidane for his amazing skills and ability regardless of what teams he plays for.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
It's debatable on who the best footballer of the past decade is. He is good, I'll give you that, but such an outburst is unforgivable, even if it was verbally provoked, nothing from the mouth can translate to physical violence in the beautiful game.
Such an incident should not take away from his abilities as a footballer though. He was the best player of the last decade. Fact.

Jimmy_B

HSC
LottoX said:
It could be said that Ronaldo as the best footballer of the past decade.
rubbish. ronaldo spent a considerable amount of the last decade either injured or unfit. his spell at real has been pretty underwhelming too. zizou is miles above any player i've seen.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
rubbish. ronaldo spent a considerable amount of the last decade either injured or unfit. his spell at real has been pretty underwhelming too. zizou is miles above any player i've seen.
Quoted for emphasis.

- L1n -

HSC
i'll have to say the greatest footballer of the last 10 yrs is ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Teddy Sheringham.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
haha, love the Gravesen v Robinho pic in your sig. ^^

Bit of a mismatch though...unless of course Robinho really does know Kung Fu. Gravesen should pick on someone his own size...like Ronaldo.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
- L1n - said:
i'll have to say the greatest footballer of the last 10 yrs is ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Teddy Sheringham.
Teddy Sheringham is the KING. He was influential when Man Utd won the treble. I still remember when he scored in the fA cup final as well as his equaliser in the champions league final against Bayern, with Ole scoring the classic winning goal. Not only that, I remember he was FA player of the year in 2000, or was it 2001. Either way he is a legend and would of scored more goals in the
WC than Owen and Crouch combined :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)