The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Only Hectic will ever think Reyes is a good winger, he hasn't set the world on fire ever since he moved from Sevilla.

The current Arsenal squad doesn't look like it's strengthenin itself. They have lost Pires, and it seems that Reyes and Cole will very likely to leave before the end of the month. Ribery did another u-turn, I wonder who Wanger will target now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
meh, Reyes is decent but very much overrated in my opinion. I don't really know why Madrid is even interested in him given the plethora of higher quality attacking options that they already have available to them.

In other news...Terry was named as England captain. I was hoping that Gerrard would be the man chosen to lead England...but I guess that Terry is a good choice.

I am also very pleased to hear that we are being linked with a move for Adriano. Perfect replacement for Ruud. We would most certainly have a squad that can take on Chelsea if we can land him and possibly Senna as well.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
hey rubix/scum fans. look at this

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Man that is gold.

Beckham has been dropped from Steve McLaren's first England squad, I really feel for the guy. He had a pretty decent World Cup compared to the likes of Owen and Lampard, England will definitely miss his free kicks and corners. Crouch will be useless without him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I have lost respect for McClaren already. The English public has made Becks the scapegoat (along with Ronaldo) for England's World Cup exit...and McClaren has bowed to the pressure of these idiotic 'supporters'. As LMF stated, Becks was actually one of of England's better performers during the World Cup. Only Hargreaves, Terry, Ferdinand and Joe Cole were better in my opinion. I think that resigning from being captain was a pretty good decision...but I still feel that Becks has plenty to offer his country as a player.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Only Hectic will ever think Reyes is a good winger, he hasn't set the world on fire ever since he moved from Sevilla.

The current Arsenal squad doesn't look like it's strengthenin itself. They have lost Pires, and it seems that Reyes and Cole will very likely to leave before the end of the month. Ribery did another u-turn, I wonder who Wanger will target now.
Rosicky is an adequate replacement for Pires.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I agree that Rosicky is a more than adequate replacement for Pires. He should prove to be an awesome signing by Wenger. Arsenal seem to be covered upfront in midfield. My only concern with them is in defence. Maybe Wenger needs to sign another quality defender.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Rosicky is an adequate replacement for Pires.
Yeah but the squad lacks the depth to challenge for the league, and it would be hard to compete in Europe too.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Well Becks has been dumped, his position on the right flank taken by Aaron Lennon and SWP. Though, I'm pretty happy Dean Ashton has been picked. Not too long till Marlon Harewoo djoins him :D

Goalkeepers:
Robinson (Tottenham), Kirkland (Liverpool), Foster (Man Utd).

Defenders:
Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Carragher (Liverpool), A Cole (Arsenal), Dawson (Tottenham), Ferdinand (Man Utd), G Neville (Man Utd), P Neville (Everton), Terry (capt, Chelsea), Young (Charlton).

Midfielders:
Downing (Middlesbrough), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Richardson (Man Utd), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea).

Strikers:
Ashton (West Ham), Bent (Charlton), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham).

hachoo

HSC
Van Persie - One of my favourite players. So much talent, and that gun left foot of his is lethal

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Haha...I remember the good old days where HeCtic and I used to have multiple-page arguments about who was the better player between Ronaldo and Reyes. I wish that he would come back now coz i'm pretty sure that I could put forward a convincing argument in favour of Ronaldo.:)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
hachoo said:
Van Persie - One of my favourite players. So much talent, and that gun left foot of his is lethal
Talent yes, but still has a lot to improve. He's in my team in FM, got him on a free transfer from Man Utd. That's right, Arsenal sold him to United in my game.

hachoo

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Talent yes, but still has a lot to improve. He's in my team in FM, got him on a free transfer from Man Utd. That's right, Arsenal sold him to United in my game.
Lame.....

In FIFA 06, Walcott went to Man U, C. Ronaldo went to Arsenal and Kaka went Bayern Munich.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Woohoo!:santa: Liverpool beat Chelsea for the Community shield.2-1
Crouch and Riise for the reds and Shevchenko for the Blues.
I think this is going to be the season Liverpool win the premiership, if they get a good start. It's going to be extremely close with Chelsea though.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Liverpool beat Chelsea in a cup game. That is hardly anything new. I don't think that it really provides a clear indication of how the teams will perform this year. It is more of an indication as to what level the teams are at the moment. Hopefully Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal can match it with Chelsea over the whole season though. It would be nice to see a new champion this season.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
chelseas midfield falls apart without makelele.. and geremi was playing at LB lol. ballack played about 20 minutes with out much effect before limping off, hardly a great start in england but its early days yet. sheva looked ominous up front tho. sissoko was an absolute bargain at 5mil for liverpool.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea's pre-season preparation haven't been good, it looks like they're there for the takin in the openin stages of the season. Hopefully we can get off to a good start to keep the pressure on the kunts, it'll make the league much much more interestin.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
We've beaten them in the CL, FA cup now Community Shield...its the league we're after next :cool:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Haha.. we've beaten them in the CL, FA cup and Community Shield... now we're after the league cup.. LFC FTW!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm quite optimistic this season. Not winning wouldn't devastating, but we should definitely be closing the gap to about.. 3-9 points at most. Add a good CL run and a cup and I'll be eagerly anticipating no.19 next season.. (I like to get ahead of myself).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
So you beat Chelsea in the Community Shield, and now the league is like there for the taking...? Please don't forget that there are bigger clubs than Chelsea around in England. :)

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
So you beat Chelsea in the Community Shield, and now the league is like there for the taking...? Please don't forget that there are bigger clubs than Chelsea around in England. :)
Man UTD FTW fuck liverpool and Chelsea and Arsenal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)