The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well Scotland are surely no easy beats at home, they beat the Dutch in 2004 in their first leg Euro play off tie. But what they do lack is the quality and depth needed to get past sides like Italy and France. It would be hard to go past the big 2 in that group.

In other news, Neeksens has said that Barca are watchin Lucas Neill closely. Gee I really do hope he ends up there, what a move that would be.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
LOL definitely not a certainty because they beat France :S

*Minka*

HSC
I'd love to see Lucas Neill at Barcelona, but only if he is going to be playiung regularly. Don't want him to move there only to sit on the bench. But if theya re really interested in playing him, than hell, how great would that be?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I would prefer to see Lucas Neill to go to Liverpool. I think that he would get alot more opportunites to start games there.

hachoo

HSC
Neill's current form at Blackburn has been sub-par. If he was going to leave the Rovers and go to those clubs mentioned above, then i think he'd need to drastically improve his form before the January transfer window.

Liverpool has Hyypia, Carragher, Palletta, Whitbread and Agger.... Neill might fit in if Hyypia leaves any time soon (he's 33). Personally, I think he's over-rated to go to Barca, however Tottenham might be a good deal. He won't get a game every week though.... both Dawson and King are England Internationals. He may replace Dawson on those rare occasions

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Liverpool is light at RB since Kromkamp left, so expect a bid for Neill in the nxt transfer window.

Neill would be a bargain compared to Rafa's preferred option Daniel Alves. Real Madrid are apparently interested now since Cicinho stuffed his knee, so that'll jack up his price even more.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LMAO@Robinson, and virtually every other England player. They were absolutely hammered in Zagreb. Oh well, can't expect too much, Croatia haven't lost in Zagreb since independence.

But watchin that blunder by Robinson surely made me laugh like hell. Poor guy, wasn't really his fault but it's still funny like hell.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LoL @ England. They were dominated by Croatia the whole game and definitely deserved to lose. The Neville own-goal was hilarious...though it was a little bit unfortunate.

Portugal also lost last night. They went down 2-1 to Poland. :(

Australia, however, managed to win. Australia 2-0 Bahrain. Goals from Aloisi and Bresciano.

robbie1

HSC
I watched the game live and I can honestly say Croatia is back baby....and England are shit, although no team has ever come to the Maksimir Stadium and won (in 16 years).

There are at least 5 different players in the starting line up when compared to the team that drew 2-2 with the Socceroos in Germany, not to mention a new coach. Things are looking very good.

3 games, 2 wins 1 draw. 9 goals For 0 Against.

Here are the goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAfMGd9Oin8

Here is the match report:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EURO/FixturesResults/Round=2241/match=83924/Report=RP.html

Here is the table:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/group?league=uefa.euroq&stageId=uefa.euroq.group5.2008&cc=3436

robbie1

HSC
politik said:
England and Croatia are both shit.
LOL you would know ay....you watched Croatia not just beat, but dominate England, and before that you watched Croatia put 7 past Andorra and before that you watched Croatia dominate Russia in Moscow and come away with a point, and before that you watched Croatia beat Italy 2-0 in a friendly correct?

clueless muppet.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
good point, tho is it really a big deal to beat england nowadayws, seriously we beat em 3-1 in a friendly couple years back...i think the thing with the poms is they think they still are the best in the world, when they clearly are not, they are at best an average international team that hype up their players, ppl talk bout how shit it was with sven, but he did wonders with the limited amount of players he had at disposal, i mean englands striking, right midfield, left mid departments are barren. their tactics are outdated and just wrong, 4-4-2 may work in premiership, but not always internationals, the thing is the in the epl they all basically play 4-4-2, with the exception of arsenal, chelsea and occasionally man utd, so english players have a tough time adapting..

Not to mention the only reason the epl is as good as it is is due to the foreign imports, i mean where are the world class players coming through, if all they got is rooney and walcott, then they are in serious trouble. If we thought the socceroos sqaud was limited, england are in a very similar position. in 5 or so years lampard, ferdinand, neville, gerrard, terry will be past their peak, so who will step in?

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
we definitely should've beaten the Bahrain U23's by way more.. they kept drawing fouls wtf -.- great acrobatics by bresciano =P
well anyways Bahrain gets to qualify and we still won so meh.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:
LOL you would know ay....you watched Croatia not just beat, but dominate England, and before that you watched Croatia put 7 past Andorra and before that you watched Croatia dominate Russia in Moscow and come away with a point, and before that you watched Croatia beat Italy 2-0 in a friendly correct?

clueless muppet.
That guy's just a troll, no need to be too serious.

Well I do think Croatia is back to becomin a side to be reckoned wit now, and like mentioned before, beatin England aren't exactly the biggest news in the world nowadays. To tinker wit a side's formation against quality opposition away is not a very smart thing to do for McClaren, and I believe he must also cop a bit of the blame for the loss. If you're used to playin 4-4-2, then stick wit it. The 3-5-2 formation obviously didn't work out, as both Ashley Cole and Gary Neville aren't exactly natural to the wing back positions. England looked a bit better after they changed back to 4-4-2, but it was hardly threatenin Croatia's position by that time.

To be honest, I reckon Hiddink's Australia could've beat last night's England by the same margin.

Spain must be under enormous pressure now, wit their major rivals Sweden and Denmark both postin wins.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Hungary 2 Malta 1
hahahahaha ... oh shit, thats bad ... Hunagary set to miss yet another big tournament ... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)