The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yes but thrashing liverpool a month or so back wasnt really considered a victory compared to how bad liverpool were going, same can be said of spurs..the fact that arsenal have struggled against teams as boro etc shows they are not totally settled at emirates, and i feel confident that united can beat them..2-1 to us. plus they were awful at sheffield united, oh and beating charlton isnt really a morale boosting victory at this present time.

also if a team that has played at home and has drawn 10 of their games, won 1, and lost none considered formidable at home? i think not. failing to capitalise on all those draws suggests they are vulnerable.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Led-Zep said:
yes but thrashing liverpool a month or so back wasnt really considered a victory compared to how bad liverpool were going, same can be said of spurs..the fact that arsenal have struggled against teams as boro etc shows they are not totally settled at emirates, and i feel confident that united can beat them..2-1 to us. plus they were awful at sheffield united, oh and beating charlton isnt really a morale boosting victory at this present time.

also if a team that has played at home and has drawn 10 of their games, won 1, and lost none considered formidable at home? i think not. failing to capitalise on all those draws suggests they are vulnerable.
You can say anything if you manipulate the facts to say so. I could easily say that Man U were lucky to scrap a point against Newcastle, a team which hasn't lost in Europe this season.

Everything has a context.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Chelsea drew with Aston :) That means Man Utd still lead by 6 pts.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i never manipulated the facts, they are what they are..arsenal are not totally convincing at home. its as simple as that, granted they are in a new stadium but to say that they are formidable at home this season is wrong. now this is a formidable home record
Liverpool Won 9 Draw 2 Loss 0...
They have won the majority of matches at home which is a greater statistic to arsenals..

oh and man utd were not lucky at newcastle, we shouldve won that game, just unlucky to have missed our chances..and if ur gonna put that into context, then arsenal shouldve beaten sheffield united a newly promoted team, as arsenal are in the ecl and higher up on the ladder..anyway all i need is this

Man utd points 54
Arsenal points 39

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Led-Zep said:
i never manipulated the facts, they are what they are..arsenal are not totally convincing at home. its as simple as that, granted they are in a new stadium but to say that they are formidable at home this season is wrong. now this is a formidable home record
They have won the majority of matches at home which is a greater statistic to arsenals..

oh and man utd were not lucky at newcastle, we shouldve won that game, just unlucky to have missed our chances..and if ur gonna put that into context, then arsenal shouldve beaten sheffield united a newly promoted team, as arsenal are in the ecl and higher up on the ladder..anyway all i need is this

Man utd points 54
Arsenal points 39
Or Arsenal 1
United 0?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
or more to the point

Manutd 54
Arsenal 39..
i think that hurts more than that one defeat to us compared to, 5 losses by the gunners..ouch that must hurt..oh and not to mention no title for another season..just goes to show how everyone at the beginning of the season doubted uniteds chances saying a top 4 finish is all they could hope for..

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
in any respect, the arsenal/liverpool tie shall be a very good game..hoping the gunners knock out pool, they are quite good in cup ties.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Led-Zep said:

Man utd points 54
Arsenal points 39
You didn't get my point did you? :rolleyes:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I have to agree with Led-Zep in saying that Arsenal's record at home is less than impressive. Yes, they may not have lost a game there...but such is the dominance of Chelsea and United at this time that that many drawn games at home is not good enough to challenge for the title.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Or Arsenal 1
United 0?
That'll be the only joy the Arseholes will get this season...? Oh maybe you'll have a League Cup to celebrate. Good luck with that.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
lol. Well said LMF^^

I can't wait to see Larsson play in a United shirt. Hopefully he can destroy Arsenal like he did in the final of last season's Champions League for Barcelona.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
what happened at the champions league final anyway..i can't remember much...

lehmann getting sent off? haha. lack of discipline. :p ...

:) Larsson better do good. :D ... damn the 2-2 draw.

Jimmy_B

HSC
matt#1 said:
I have to agree with Led-Zep in saying that Arsenal's record at home is less than impressive. Yes, they may not have lost a game there...but such is the dominance of Chelsea and United at this time that that many drawn games at home is not good enough to challenge for the title.

led-zep's point wasn't that arsenal's home record isn't that impressive. he said that they were vulnerable at home, which is silly considering they haven't lost there yet. yes, united do look good for getting a result there, but vulnerable is a bit much especially considering their best performances this season have been against their bigger rivals.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
led-zep's point wasn't that arsenal's home record isn't that impressive. he said that they were vulnerable at home, which is silly considering they haven't lost there yet. yes, united do look good for getting a result there, but vulnerable is a bit much especially considering their best performances this season have been against their bigger rivals.
I think that Led-Zep was perhaps talking about Arsenal's vulnerability at home in terms of their habit of letting in an early goal in many of their earlier games...but that can probably be put down to a bedding in period as you said before.

The fact that many of Arsenal's best performances at home have been against the bigger sides is important to consider, and so is the form of Van Persie and the return of Henry...but given the form United have been in and the electric performances of Ronaldo in particular...I believe that we should come away with all 3 points from the Emirates.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Looks like an interesting transfer period ahead of us.

For once Newcastle need to think of our defence first, Roeder is paying the price for not doing that in the summer. I think we need two full backs, one for either side and an experienced centre back to go with Ramage/Edgar and Taylor. No midfielders since we have enough already.

If we sell Luque (and lose a bucketload of money in the process) and with Rossi gone, another striker would be an idea. Players from abroad often fail to fit in mid-season. I heard from someone that we might be getting Darren Bent which would be fantastic, I'd prefer him to Crouch, who seems to be the rumour of the month.

I think the lower leages hold some bargains; Gareth Bale, Matthew Upson, David Nugent could work and if the rumours are true (I've heard the following one numerous times), we should be putting a bid in for Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax who is awesome, I'll put it this way, he makes Dirik Kuyt look amateur.

Larrson was a cracking buy by Man U by the way.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Newcastle getting Huntelaar...? You're dreaming man. He's a target of Man Utd and even we can't get hold of him. Ajax isn't a club needing money at the moment, you would need to pay them an enormous amount of money to get him out of there.

I was disappointed not to see Huntelaar at the World Cup, he would've been handy when Van Basten dropped Van Nistelrooy. He was a superb player at Heerenveen, carried them through most of the seasons before he transfered to Ajax. That's why I love that club so much, they keep on producing talented players. Ruud also played for Heerenveen too.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well it's just the rumours I've heard, and even if it's a remote chance, it's always good just to imagine :) It's a better rumour than the one about us signing Woodgate (again)... the same rumour that pops up every time we concede a goal it seems.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i remembered rumours about man utd signing ballack. like WOOOT!...

turns out he went to chelsea. what the dil.

was crapppp

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'd rather get Hargreaves from Bayern than Woodgate. He sux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)