The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hargreaves would be a bit of a gamble in terms of his fitness and sharpness, could take him a while to fit into the squad..apart from that he would be perfect for united, and shouldve been the one we signed instead of carrick, dont get me wrong carrick has been fantastic for us and will get better, but owen is a much better player, tackles and aggression wise.

Oh and pool want mascherano..and on the topic of huntelaar, whilst i think he is a great player, he may turn out to be another rvn and disrupt our overall team play, if united want to acquire him that is, i would much prefer a villa type striker, not that valencia would let him go atm..

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I think that's why he'd fit in at Newcastle, play as a target man with Martins supporting up front with Owen returning as a CF. It'd be formidable, but I'd rather Newcastle just get their defence sorted. I'm sick of seeing Newcastle draw 2-2 and 3-3 with teams. We can score the goals with Sibierski, Solano and Emre floating around Martins... we just can't keep them out.

Cue Entrance of Upson and Bale.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i dont think hed go to newcastle anyways, hed prefer a bigger club, no offence but u know its true. i see him either goin to united/pool/chelski, or possibly germany/spain

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Led-Zep said:
i dont think hed go to newcastle anyways, hed prefer a bigger club, no offence but u know its true. i see him either goin to united/pool/chelski, or possibly germany/spain
It's hardly an offence to say that. Newcastle have been and still are the best mid-table club in the world. Nobody ever argues with that either.

I'd hate to see him go to the EPL, I'd rather him stay at Ajax or move to Schalke04 etc. That'd be great for Europe. There's nothing worse than seeing the Stamford Oilers or another big club buy players and underutilise them due to having so much depth.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
It's hardly an offence to say that. Newcastle have been and still are the best mid-table club in the world. Nobody ever argues with that either.
Best mid-table club in the world...? I think no one would wanna argue for such a position in the world anyway.

Portsmouth and Bolton this season have performed very well with a similar squad to Newcastle.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Best mid-table club in the world...? I think no one would wanna argue for such a position in the world anyway.

Portsmouth and Bolton this season have performed very well with a similar squad to Newcastle.
I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm just saying that this is what Newcastle is. Underperforming for the level of talent which has passed through the club over the years.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
FA CUP this morning: Arsenal vs Liverpool
Wow, a clinical Arsenal side, wit Rosicky turning on the magic, not something you see very often. And the Scousers can only have themselves to blame. They didn't create enough chances to win it.

Oh well, try to have a revenge in the League Cup.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Arsenal won 3-1. Great goals by Rosicky, and Henry. there goes Liverpool's home record :p

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
while we're on the topic of arsenal,

did arsene wenger change his name for the team? :p

Raginsheep

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Wow, a clinical Arsenal side, wit Rosicky turning on the magic, not something you see very often. And the Scousers can only have themselves to blame. They didn't create enough chances to win it.

Oh well, try to have a revenge in the League Cup.
To be fair, I think I saw a stat somewhere which said the Scousers had 16 attempts on goal while the Gunners only had 5 or so. More about clinical finishing which hasen't happening often enough this season :(

D

Dr. Futebol

timlay said:
while we're on the topic of arsenal,

did arsene wenger change his name for the team? :p
Maybe, but did Wolfgang Wolf change his name so he could coach Wolfsburg?(he really did!)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
To be fair, I think I saw a stat somewhere which said the Scousers had 16 attempts on goal while the Gunners only had 5 or so. More about clinical finishing which hasen't happening often enough this season :(
Yeah but they only had like 2 clear chances in the whole game, of which one went in the net, from a set piece corner. True that Liverpool had more of the possession, but as we all know, it's not about what you have with the ball, it's about what you do with it.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Dr. Futebol said:
Maybe, but did Wolfgang Wolf change his name so he could coach Wolfsburg?(he really did!)

so he really changed his name? hmmm... :p weirdo. wheres wolfsburg. sounds german.

but yeah. i didnt watch the game. did gerrard play.

sif not produce some miracle long shots.

haha. reading liverpool club site

""I thought he did okay against Arsenal and he didn't really have a lot to do besides the goals." "

haha. is that a criticism? like he only had those to save and he couldn't save them?

EDITTTT: YAY MAN UTD WON WOOOOOT. go larsssosnosnosnosnosnornsonrosnrosnos
=D k sleep.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha yeah. Man Utd beat Villa 201, and Blackburn smashed Everton 4-1.

Larsson, and Solskjaer scored the winning goals :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Oh yes, Larsson scored on debut, he's just world class. Some of the touches he showed were top draw stuff, and that goal too, simply brilliant.

We did play to our best last night, wasted a lot of opportunities and failing to materialise scoring chances in the final third. But every time Ole comes on, he does something special. True the keeper made a blunder, but you've gotta admire the scoring rate of Solskjaer.

I'm glad we got through the tie in the end, so we don't have a replay to look forward to which can disrupt our league and European runs.

Larsson, you are my hero.

EDIT: found something from the Real Madrid site, it's just a funny English translation. Read what Reyes says.

Link

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
hahaha, fortress anfield eh? kopping 9 in two games, and the scum missed a penalty as well.

fucken hilarious :(

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
seems as if chelski are imploding, jose moaningho is bitching bout the board saying he wasnt given the players he wanted in january..this could be interesting ive been thinkin that there was gonna be a massive ego clash sooner or later, hopefuly now is the time and united can pounce..i mean no terry, cole, robben for a while..sheva is shit, ballack too..i mean playin essien in defence and bridge up front shows how desperate they are...go wigan!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Yeah, c'mon Wigan! I wish that Drogba and Essien would get injured as well, lol. Those two have been Chelsea's two most consistent performers this season by far.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Beckham joins LA Galaxy, apparently on a £128M 5 year deal. That's fucking insane, almost £500K a week...! I doubt even Chelsea would pay that much. If the figures are true, then clearly Beckham has given up on playing for England again and just wants to make a big stash before he retires. It's a shame really, I would still like to see him play in Europe. Oh well, best wishes to you.

We're up against Villa again this week, hopefully we don't have to wait til the last minute to win it this time. With Scholes and Vidic back in the line up I'm sure we'll bang in a few goals. While Chelsea have just forgotten how to win lately, drawing with third division Wycombe...? Sheva can't even fire against such low quality opposition, it must be really demoralising. Again, it's a shame to see such a talented player wasted at the Chelsea grave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)