The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
LMF^^ said:
I fail to see that somehow, unless of course Liverpool has already won the European Cup. Hm, I can't see that right now.

Coming 3rd/4th in the league must make you guys really proud, I guess a club like Liverpool can't expect much better. Liverpool fans have waited long enough for a league title, I guess they don't mind waiting longer.

Arsenal are shite, and credit to Chelsea for putting up such a good fight with one man down. My heart was pounding towards the end, I don't know whether it was for United or just for the match, it was intense. I found it hard to support le Arse, and I couldn't do it, so I just sat there and watched the proceedings, hoping that it would end in a draw so I can feel better about everything. Thankfully that happened, and I'm glad it happened.

I'll wait for HeCtic to come along and explain to us just how crap Arsenal was in the second half, he can do a better job than I can. But what I can say is that Arsenal just lack the killer touch in the final third, they just make the wrong decisions all the time. If it wasn't for Boula's stupid penalty, Arsenal would have been on the end of a hammering from Chelsea.

Did anyone find it ironic how there was such a loud cheer at the stadium, after a draw for the home team...? I didn't know so many Arsenal fans supported Man United also. :)
Playing with Bapshita is already like playing with one man down :p

We can't close down a game for shit atm but we all knew that...we'd be much so closer to the top if only we'd take 50% of our chances.

hachoo

HSC
If Liverpool win the Champions League, and Man U take out the League Cup, it would top off a great season personally. No Chelsea featuring in any of the big competitions (no one cares about Carling Cup)

Seriously, besides Man U, Arsenal have played the best football in the EPL. IMO better than Chelsea and Liverpool. Their young guns are very exciting, it's just the final touch which is eluding them. If they had Van Persie and Henry back, they would have done much better this season. You can tell Adebayor is struggling with the pace @ Arsenal. He can't read the play like the others. Fabregas back heel to him point blank at goal and he stuffs it up.

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
Ade's finishing is shit, only 2nd to that of Bapshita atm but his other attributes are pretty good. Shame about his finishing.

adders

HSC
hachoo said:
If Liverpool win the Champions League, and Man U take out the League Cup, it would top off a great season personally. No Chelsea featuring in any of the big competitions (no one cares about Carling Cup)
First of all chelsea have already won the league cup, the trophy u are alluding to is the FA cup. Secondly congrats to man united on a solid campaign, throughly deserved victory and good luck in the FA cup.

6 times in athens
You'll Never Walk Alone

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
You cant give any space for kaka - at all. Basically dont give him the ball meaning let him around -but make sure no one passes it to him.

Ac Milan - will be playing it quite for most of the match and will score in the second half with about 15 minutes left. That way all the pressure is on Liverpool to search for the equaliser and as we against Chelsea - liverpool couldnt find that second goal.
Easier said than done. A player of Kaka's quality will always make room for himself to cause havoc in the Liverpool defence. Even if you have guys double marking him, guys like Seedorf and Pirlo will pull the strings.

You'd expect Benitez to play like the way he always does, which is to try and contain the opposition. Italian sides are tactically more advanced and they certainly will not be intimidated by that, and the movement of Kaka and co will be hard to cope with.

That being said, Javier "Proud to be a Red Devil" Mascherano is a quality midfielder, he will certainly be crucial in the final.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Well done to United for keeping Chelsea honest. Hopefully it will be a 4 way battle next season.

Looks like Dudek is finally leaving us, he wasn't the best goalkeeper but he stepped up when it counted and saw us through in Istanbul. We have plenty of goalies in the wings, I think Carson might stand in for the role.

We must play with confidence against Milan, not let them control the game and tighten up on our passing witch has been sloppy in recent games. If we don't let them score in the first half, our chances of winning will be much better judging by their previous champions league games.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I'll wait for HeCtic to come along and explain to us just how crap Arsenal was in the second half, he can do a better job than I can. But what I can say is that Arsenal just lack the killer touch in the final third, they just make the wrong decisions all the time. If it wasn't for Boula's stupid penalty, Arsenal would have been on the end of a hammering from Chelsea.
Same problems we've had all season. We played 4 central midfielders so we had no natural width. We were horrible at set pieces once again, and we missed open goals once again. After that we lost confidence and Chelsea had a spell. Same shit different smell as far as our season is concerned.

Once again we are two or three players away from a title winning side, but I don't know if we can sign them with pursestrings tight and David Dein gone. Either way we'll get a couple of top youngsters back into the squad next season along with a fit Thierry and Robin.

As far as the second half last night is concerned, the motivation required to win a title is so different to a team whose only motivation was third spot and denying the other team the title. We didn't give as much of a shit as Chelsea did and it showed.

Also did anyone hear on commentary last night:

Commentator 1: Ashley Cole is probably sitting at home watching this game
Commentator 2: I can imagine his phone is running hot at this moment as well..

Was a great moment.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
As far as the second half last night is concerned, the motivation required to win a title is so different to a team whose only motivation was third spot and denying the other team the title. We didn't give as much of a shit as Chelsea did and it showed.
Well, the fans certainly enjoyed it very much, the cheer was as loud as an Arsenal victory. Clearly the Arse supporters have more love for United than the Chelscums. :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Easier said than done. A player of Kaka's quality will always make room for himself to cause havoc in the Liverpool defence. Even if you have guys double marking him, guys like Seedorf and Pirlo will pull the strings.

You'd expect Benitez to play like the way he always does, which is to try and contain the opposition. Italian sides are tactically more advanced and they certainly will not be intimidated by that, and the movement of Kaka and co will be hard to cope with.

That being said, Javier "Proud to be a Red Devil" Mascherano is a quality midfielder, he will certainly be crucial in the final.
These players are some the best in the world - I mean they have no choice they have to control Kaka.

AC Milan has a lot of depth in their team no doubt about it - Seerdorf is very good form as well, nevertheless Kaka has been the one putting the goals behind the net you keep him quiet you keep the source of the goals quiet. IT just means the other AC Milan have to step up and they can but hardly under pressure.

I wouldnt be surprised if Rafeil tries something drastically different in the finals.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well, the fans certainly enjoyed it very much, the cheer was as loud as an Arsenal victory. Clearly the Arse supporters have more love for United than the Chelscums. :)
We hate Cuntski far more than we hate you. Our rivalry with them is a real one, not a bought one. Seeing such a collection of cunts suffer so much on your home turf is a great feeling. United were irrelevant to the situation on Sunday.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
looks as if united are targeting 3 players, according to SAF. so far these people have been linked, Nani (who we are apparently in negotiations in with sporting), hargreaves, berbatov, bale, torres and for some reason steve sidwell..personally would love to get hargraves (not for 20 mill though, 10-15 would be good) Nani (will be immense in few years apparently best left winger in portugal) and probably bale- meant to be awesome and still 18. if we got 2 out of 3 id be happy. id love another striker, looks as if saha is going, and would love either tevez or torres.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Sidwell is signing for Chelsea, Bale is hugely overrated and any big name signing will probably be accompanied by a big name departure. I doubt Mal is going to be as generous as you wish.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
id say for a 17/18 year old he has done well, i dont see anyother young left back who can control a game, not my comments but those from football365 forums. apparently, and these guys watch these players closely, he is going to be huge in a few years so id say it be great for united to get him first. we are also linked to torres,berbatov and i just read that owen is also a target, will only be 9million with a clause in his contract, i aint sure if id want him, tho at his best he was awesome.

to be honest, nani and hargraves would be sweet, anything else and that would be a bonus. basically we need a DM, replacement for giggs, possibly a defender to replace gav(richards is rumoured) and maybe a striker, ala torres/tevez. 2 signings would be good and add depth to the squad. also etoo is being linked with united, for 27million. would love etoo.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
looks as if united are targeting 3 players, according to SAF. so far these people have been linked, Nani (who we are apparently in negotiations in with sporting), hargreaves, berbatov, bale, torres and for some reason steve sidwell..personally would love to get hargraves (not for 20 mill though, 10-15 would be good) Nani (will be immense in few years apparently best left winger in portugal) and probably bale- meant to be awesome and still 18. if we got 2 out of 3 id be happy. id love another striker, looks as if saha is going, and would love either tevez or torres.
Nani is for the future, looking to replace Giggs I guess.

Tevez or Torres, I'm not too sure what to expect. Tevez is too similar to Rooney, and having both of them in our forward line at the same time isn't what we're exactly looking for. Torres on the other hand, is talented, but he is a bit overrated. I'd prefer Eto'o over him, but then again, some say he will undermine the team with his constant whining, but I think otherwise.

It looks as though we're resting players against the Chelscums, and why not. But I still wanna see a victory at the Bridge just to break Mourinho's unbeaten home record.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i think rooney/tevez would work. ppl said cole/yorke were to similar to work, 52 goals between them in 99, so i think tevez and rooney would work. it would allow rooney to push forward more instead of dropping back, and they could easily interchange positions durin the game. torres would be good, he has speed, is strong and i dont think he would disrupt united in the way that ruud did in regards to play style. etoo would be immense but i dont think hed put in the effort, like rooney and tevez would def do.

realistically, we most likelly will sign nani, maybe hargreaves/dm type, and either a DF or striker. i just hope they are well thoughtout purchases no more, veron/djemba djemba/kleberson signings.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
the rumours are already starting and season aint over yet! it will be a crazy summer, but it looks as if united will be busy in the market unlike last summer. we should have a fair bit of money to spend at least 25-50 million pounds is the figures been thrown around, not to mention at least either saha,silvestre,richardson will leave, i hope its the last 2.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Silvestre has expressed that he wants to stay, but I think it's the best for him to leave now. We've got 2 very good left backs, and enough cover for the centre back positions with Pique coming back, and Evans and Cathcart coming through the ranks.

There's no secret in Hargreaves, I think we should land him, unless Bayern becomes ridiculous and ups his price. We need a forward, definitely, Eto'o would be the best option, but I can't see that happening. Whatever the case, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
id say for a 17/18 year old he has done well, i dont see anyother young left back who can control a game, not my comments but those from football365 forums. apparently, and these guys watch these players closely,
F365 is an absolute joke of a forum, the fact that you are using it as your number one reference point is hilarious in my opinion. You seem to think these guys are all 'real' fans and know more about football purely based on their location? Get over it.

Maybe you should actually see a guy play a few times before making these sort of suggestions, or relying on hearsay from non-credible sources. As far as I can see, no left-back will be better than our GC in a couple of years time. He's truly gifted.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
365 is the ultimate football forum, id love for u to tell me if anyone is better than that? to them we are "plastics" so i dont think you can call those guys jokes, majority actually do go to the games, u would know that if u went on the site. and i have seen him play, for 17, he is awesome, and clichy yea ok goodluck with that one, but thats ok gunners rate all their youngsters as "the best in the world" with nothing to back that up with but few decent performances.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
btw wat do u guys think of owen moving to old trafford? apparently he has a 9million clause and he wants to leave, fergie has stated that he wants pace up front, so im thinking owen is out, etoo would be awesome but that aint happening. IMO united will get one of the following forwards, torres, darren bent or tevez. and its most likely one of the last 2, and most likely bent (unfortunatley).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)