The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
Owen is a talented player no doubt but apparently he's played like 12 games in 2 years :s Of course, you could probably afford to gamble with 9mil on him.

As for Clichy, you're badly underestimating him. His final product on the attack is currently shit but he's defensively very sound.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
365 is the ultimate football forum, id love for u to tell me if anyone is better than that? to them we are "plastics" so i dont think you can call those guys jokes, majority actually do go to the games, u would know that if u went on the site. and i have seen him play, for 17, he is awesome, and clichy yea ok goodluck with that one, but thats ok gunners rate all their youngsters as "the best in the world" with nothing to back that up with but few decent performances.
Pfft, those tards are riding on their high horses, I don't have much respect for those ppl. It doesn't make a difference if they go to games, it's just that they live around the area and they can afford to go to games, we on the other hand are stuck on the other side of the world so we can only watch it on the TV screen, but we still love our teams as much as them. They will always think they're special and let them be, but I wouldn't take their opinions as more genuine or knowledgable than anyone else's.

As for Owen, it's a good gamble for 9mil, I think he can do well, if he stays fit. Fergie likes him, so I can't see why it would be bad for the team. I'd love to see him score for us against the Scousers. :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
365 is the ultimate football forum, id love for u to tell me if anyone is better than that? to them we are "plastics" so i dont think you can call those guys jokes, majority actually do go to the games, u would know that if u went on the site. and i have seen him play, for 17, he is awesome, and clichy yea ok goodluck with that one, but thats ok gunners rate all their youngsters as "the best in the world" with nothing to back that up with but few decent performances.
Hahaha fuck off to them. I've been on that forum and if you truly believe they are more knowledgable or credible than anything else you are a knob. How do you know the majority of them go to games? Do they show you their season tickets? Even then you must know that by now Premiership games are priced out of the range of most "real" football fans anyway.

The fact that I haven't missed an Arsenal game, whether it be on TV, streamed, torrented or whatever for three seasons should make me as credible a fan as any of those cunts over there. And there are plenty of others like me as well. Where you are from has no bearing on how genuine your support for a team is. That type of attitude is close-minded and pretty blatantly discriminatory. If you truly believed that then why are you posting in this thread, or replying to any of our 'plastic' posts.

Honestly, you need to abandon this whole 'real' fan shit you're spouting. It's the type of thing that 12 year old uppity chavs with internet access would say.

Clichy is the prince of left backs. He's unbelievable. If he stays injury free, he'll overtake Cuntley soon enough. But that's all good, hope Fergie spends 10mill on Bale. It'd be money well spent.

In other news, we've signed Lukasz Fabianski. Hope he's as good as being reputed.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
relegation predictions, seeing as this thread has gone quiet.

hammers to stay up, either a draw or win with man utd, we are resting rooney/ronaldo and i think united should take it easy, no injuries. shefiield united to beat wigan also. btw the la liga is hotting up, madrid 1 point in front with barca playing tonite, looks very interesting.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Since there wasn't any action in England other than the Championship play off. So I tuned in to watch the German Bundesliga, ah Stuttgart with a tremendous win, Hildebrand with a stupendous save in the last min to preserve a 3-2 win, while Schalke again choked. Haha damn, nobody shows love for the Chelsea of Germany, and they can only blame themselves.

Stayed up to watch La Liga too, what a win by Real Madrid. Higuain with a last min winner after a brilliant build up. Now they're top of the league for the first time this season. It's getting interesting there now, and I'll be following the action whenever I can now that England is almost finished.

adders

HSC
I agree wigan to go down unfortunately, would prefer it if hammers go down though

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Sheffield United relegated! I wasn't too cut up about the Man United loss given that I wanted West Ham to stay in the premiership and that we are clearly saving ourselves for the FA Cup final. Tevez has almost single-handedly kept West Ham in the premiership so I expect to see more legal action from the other relegated sides. I don't think that the decision will be overturned though.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I'm back kinda. I hope everyone remembers me, the die hard hammers fan ;)

I had a heart attack every 2 minutes in last nights match, Man U had so many shots on goal but our defense was god like, so was Robert Green.

Tevez was in everything, he chased everything and his strike was world classs from a difficult angle as well as the bounce of the ball..

Sooooo relieved we are in the top flight, now to buy some new players. Bye bye Nigel Quashie!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Meh, we saved ourselves for the FA Cup, but still, we had a clear penalty turned down. I mean WTF, how can that not be a penalty, absolutely unbelievable.

Oh well, congrats to the Hammers. I wanted them to stay up, but not by beatin us at home.

hachoo

HSC
Man U disappointing last night. Played worse with the star trio and missed way too many chances. Richardson played pretty well, but still needs to work on his accuracy in both crosses and shots. Fletcher was also pretty strong. I thought it was a bit strange Carrick came off, he was playing very well. Ferguson is a handful sometimes.

Well done WH. Happy to see you stay in the EPL. Look forward to your next seasons team. I feel if Tevez stays, the club will bring in some huge talent. If not, then probably not so.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
copious said:
I'm back kinda. I hope everyone remembers me, the die hard hammers fan ;)
Yeah, welcome back Copious and congrats to the Hammers staying in the top flight!

You managed to win the EPL fantasy premierleague comp as well!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Goalberto is today's featured article on wiki. What a guy.

Looking forward to seeing how Mourinho and Ronaldo get along at the Cup Final. Essien will win it single-handedly for Chelsea too.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Goalberto is today's featured article on wiki. What a guy.

Looking forward to seeing how Mourinho and Ronaldo get along at the Cup Final. Essien will win it single-handedly for Chelsea too.
Essien will most likely play at centre-back, where he does do OK, but sometimes get caught out of position. I think our forwards can see that as a weakness and exploit it, but I'm not too worried in any case.

I think it will be a high scoring game, we should have the edge. 3-2 is what I'll go for. But I'll gladly take a repeat of the last FA Cup final between the two sides.

Seems like you prefer Chelsea to win it rather than us. And you call this a genuine rivalry between you two...? If it was Spurs against United you wouldn't be rooting for Spurs would you...? I guess it's just a competitive rivalry that's developed since recent times rather than a genuine hatred that started back in the years gone by. It's just like the rivalry between United and Arsenal, United and Chelsea, nothing like a United and Liverpool.

Raginsheep

HSC
I don't see him as going for Chelsea, he's just saying that Essien will score a wonder/fluke goal to win it.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well chelski are strugglin for players, sheva out, ballack out, robben out, apparently only got 15 fit players. im tipping united victory, either 2-1 or 1-0. hopefully the rest given to rooney,ronaldo,scholesy and giggsy makes them fresher and raring to go and not the opposite of rusty and stale. still i do think united will win this.

adders

HSC
Just wanted to get the ball rolling on the FA cup final tonight. Personally, i dont think it'll go to penalties, think man united will be too strong and probably win 1-0 but i remember 2 seasons ago when despite dominating they were unable to covert any of teh large number of chances they had and they ultimately lost.

just a side note but for the past 3 season in the champions league the holders get eliminated at the last 16 stage. Porto in 2005 lost to inter (i think), The mighty reds went down to lowly benfica in 2006, and Barcelona lost to the greatest football team in the world this season

Interestingly enough zenden has been ruled out of the champions league final as he's on crutches. Could signal a start for harry kewell but i think benitez will use arbeloa at left back and push riise furthre up the left flank

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Typical United fan making excuses

I know what it means, keep ur chin up wankers

Chelsea - last team to win the FA Cup at Old Wembley, First team to win the FA Cup at New Wembley

We will never say die - another late goal winner

CHELSEA TILL I DIE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)