The Official French Continuers & Extension Speaking Exams 2005 Thread - POST IN HERE! (1 Viewer)

Insouciance

HSC
By photo I.D. does it have to be a passport or license? My only photograph I.D is a library card from Year 8 :S

Unless I go for my Ls before French Speaking. Hehe.

h2o101

HSC
Is everyone prepared for the continuers speaking exam tomorrow. Our teacher told us that in the past they've sometimes asked about events that have happened recently be prepared just in case they ask you about the cyclone/flooding in new orleans or the terrorism lately or any other world events that have happened. :) GOOD LUCK

Sugar

HSC
Je vais aller "James Cook" en Kogarah pour l'examen orale a demain. I want to drive, but does anyone know if I can park inside the school?

Je suis tres nerveuse maintenant! I hope that the examiner asks me easy questions, mais je peux souhaiter seulement.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I would drive but then I wouldnt have anywhere to park so my mum is driving me, I guess you could ring bos to find out???

Mines at James Cook High 9am,
I have been writing stuff all day, now I am trying to learn it...I just hope they dont ask something difficult like about the Hurricane?

bc2005

HSC
hey... im petrafied bout tomoro and like you mel im scared im gona get a curly question!!! wouldnt worry bout anything like the hurricane tho, my teacher said they wouldn't ask us anything like that.

chepas

HSC
G'day all,

Re Katrina: They could well ask you something like that. Ours last year was slap bang in the middle of the Olympics and they seemed to like that, so it might not hurt to know how to say a few things.

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/articleinteractif/0,41-0@2-3222,49-687240@51-627421,0.html

Little Ready Reckoner:
les inondations (fpl) - floods
l'ouragan (m) - hurricane/storm
les cadavres (mpl) - bodies
digue (f) - dyke/levee
un bilan (de victimes) - the toll (of victims)
venir en aide des victimes - to come to the aid of the victims
la catastrophe - ~
les zones affectées (note f) - affected areas
le cyclone qui a frappé sur la côte sud des Etats-Unis. - the cyclone that hit the southern coast of the US.
le Texas
le Mississippi

and of course in French, as it was part of ye olde Nouvelle France, it's la Nouvelle-Orléans and la Lousiane ;).

Have a look at that article and associated little graphs etc and you might pick up something useful.

Last edited:

Srah202038

Awesomenaut
HSC
Wow. That's a really good point. We didn't even think of that. Like, we though that MAYBE for extension they could sneak in a comment about le terrorisme, but didn't even think about Katrina for Continuers.

Merci, Chepas. Tu rock.

Oh yeah. Rocker. We made a verb. Usually used in the future tense - "Tu rockeras". And Onyer. Which means "to stuff one's voicebox with onions". Can also be reflexive.

I think this tells something about our French class. Our favourite word is "digression" - tangent.

Last edited:

hazel1987

im soo stressed about tomorrows exam im scared abotu forgetting my stuff... ive been trying to answer question out loud but nothings working help .... is anyone going to kograh at 1

Sugar

HSC
My french teacher said they can't ask you about terrorism?

chepas

HSC
rocker? HAHAH j'aime bien ça!

I personally have come up with 'googler', as in "Eh ben, peut-être que je vais le googler, voir ce que ça donne...", "Tu as googlé? Tu pourrais bien trouver l'âge de ton amie la`..."

As for stress: Stress less! I found that if you have a favourite French singer/group just play their MP3s you've downloaded, it's a way of getting into a French head without thinking, just passive listening. And you get the impressino you're doing something :p.

Elizabeth rocks

HSC
but srah rocker is regular? as in,
je rocke
tu rockes
il rocke
nous rockons
vous rockez
ils rockent
or not?

onyer however, is completely irregular - whatever we want it to be at the time.

this girl in our class and i had a kind of long discussion once about whether rocker should take etre or avoir in the perfect tense. is it a verb of movement? that is the question.

and thanks for the vocab!! i read this earlier today and just looked up 'floods' and 'hurricane' but it can't hurt to be properly prepared for it, right? HOWEVER i also looked at the syllabus and the hurricane doesn't fit under ANY of the set topics, except "current issues" which is receptive only. but i mean, better safe than sorry, especially since one of my "qu'est-ce que tu aimes lire?" answers is "j'aime lire le journal".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)