The Official Hamlet/R&G help thread (1 Viewer)

mouldy_bread

HSC
hello ballerina ! guess who ?

from what i've gathered from father superior, he wants us to have the director talking in depth with the actors about how to portray the characters... its so hard !

I wish I just had an essay about existential issues. That would be cake and pie.

piece of cake

easy as pie

Blak Majik

HSC
I need help!!

Alright, i have this speech to do.
The Task:
You are the composer of a contemporary production of the story of Hamlet. You are in pre production stage and have decided on your overriding concepts. Your script links to the original in themes, values and beliefs but you transformed the original to suit your audience's (a producer who may finacnce your transformation) context.
Briefly summarise your production ie. setting, characyers, concepts and your chosen audience.
What key elements, values and beliefs of the original does your transformation include? Exlude? Why did you make these decisions?
How does your script ideas reflect contemporary values, beliefs and context?

Alright, I kinda have this idea of a movie about some big corporation who's CEO dies (king Hamlet) and his brother takes over the business. And yeah, just go from there.

So does anyone have an ideas?
Cheers

get_born

Blak Majik said:
I need help!!

Alright, i have this speech to do.
The Task:
You are the composer of a contemporary production of the story of Hamlet. You are in pre production stage and have decided on your overriding concepts. Your script links to the original in themes, values and beliefs but you transformed the original to suit your audience's (a producer who may finacnce your transformation) context.
Briefly summarise your production ie. setting, characyers, concepts and your chosen audience.
What key elements, values and beliefs of the original does your transformation include? Exlude? Why did you make these decisions?
How does your script ideas reflect contemporary values, beliefs and context?

Alright, I kinda have this idea of a movie about some big corporation who's CEO dies (king Hamlet) and his brother takes over the business. And yeah, just go from there.

So does anyone have an ideas?
Cheers

You should rent out Michael Almereyda's Hamlet starring Ethan Hawke and Julia Stiles. It runs on the same idea of what your going for- and plus its really good! Goodluck with your work:)

AbeGettysburg

HSC
deciphering hamletspeak

according to my notes critics generally agree that there are 2 possible meanings of the lines I know a hawk for a handsaw.

1. the first meaning of hawk is based on hawk and handsaw being birds - the hawk is a bird of prey and the handsaw is a young heron, a bird that the hawk preys upon.

2. the hawk and handsaw are the names of tools - the hawk is a pickaxe and the handsaw is a carpentry tool

my own opinion is that hamlet was not mad but was using typical hamletspeak to confuse ros and guil (and us).

undefined :D

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Aznpsycho said:
BEEP! Wrong. They do this all the time. Case in point: Romeo and Juliet Baz Luhrman edition. In less commercial cases as well. They call it a variety of things, from updating for a modern audience, creating a new context, whatever. The point is, it's to make it more accessible for a different audience, and make it, 'different'. It can still work if you have similar lines, and I've seen some cases where they wear jeans/dinner suits/etc in plays.
yes, a transformation. *rolls eyes
but for RaGaD I think Stoppard would have wanted to retain the Elizabethan dress of Ros and Guil.

turtleman91

Secret Nerd
HSC
hi guys
having a little freak out here
i have my first RAGAD/Hamlet assessment task coming up
I have to view two photographs, one from a production of Hamlet and one from a production of RAGAD, and from there I don't know WHAT they are plannning on asking us!
It will, most probably, be something like :
"How do these two images display the underlying concerns of both plays?"
or
"How do these two images reflect your understanding of 'Transformations'"?

Any pearls of wisdom as to what I should focus on studying?
Thanks!

onlinenooby

HSC
Context, themes and langauge. You should incorporate values + techniques whilst addressing those 3 core things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)