The official "I DON'T HAVE A JOB YET!" Thread (1 Viewer)

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
I'm just wondering who else doesn't have a job yet? Are there any other people who have finished their HSC and don't have a job? If so, what are you doing with your time or are you just waiting?

tubtub

HSC
me. couldnt find a job after hsc last year. applied for everthing-fast food, coles, woolies, retail, video etc.

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
Sparcod said:
So..is there a reason?
I might help if you need it.
Thanks for the offer. I just want to know if there are any other people who still don't have a job yet and need one? I know that there are "06" HSC students still job hunting. It'll be good to hear their opinons and others!

amanmai

HSC
I went away for two weeks and even though I'd applied to numerous places both before and after I'd left it was during that period that companies were hiring people for the holiday season.

So now, still looking for a job, and getting nowhere. It's really quite frustrating >=( I'm quite broke after that holiday and I enjoy working immensely. Though I suppose I'm makingi t hard on myself by refusing anything that has to do with food. But then, anyone would after two years in a deli. I never want to have to deal with all that hygiene stuff again.

googol

HSC
I... am, no, well haha have no job yet, to be honest I've haven't had job since that say I was born. I didn't go to work experience in year 10 because of some reasons I do not wish to disclose to this public forum. I've just finished VCE.

sly_skittle

HSC
I don't have a job either- i looked and applied for some but didn't get one.
I don't want to work and I never have worked but I want $$money$$ ca-ching!!
Now I have nothing to do
just been on bored.com -try the finger tapping I can't keep a beat but it comes up with the song sometimes!
whoa this will give me something to do for at least 25mins

sly_skittle

HSC
I just tried to tap out we will rock you and it matched it to; Mm Bop and If Your Happy and You Know It- how do you get rhythm?

googol

HSC
I think we both have teh same frameset of mind, both need $$$ but no job....

HSC
hey sly skittle if I'm not mistaken the last I heard was that you got an interview for both Maccas and Woolies? What happened?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*puts hand up* i was too distracted by the hsc to look for a job during/before exams, which was unfortunately when most places in my area were doing their christmas hiring. so far every place ive gone to has been like 'no sorry come back nxt century' *grinds teeth* gargh... its looking like i'll have to wait till after christmas and try again... ive nearly given up hope that woolies/coles will actually call me before then. im starting to wish i hadnt quit the job i had in year 10. even though it was crap and boring and poorly managed half the time and everyone else was 10 yrs older than me, at least i was getting paid. dah.

purplemonkey

HSC
I've been out of school for a year and swear I must have applied for 30 or so jobs and still havent got one...either its bad luck or I must be doing something wrong (which is gay, how hard is it to be nice, hand in a resume/application and say I'm available 24/7 ???) FUCK UNEMPLOYMENT :angry:

sly_skittle

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
hey sly skittle if I'm not mistaken the last I heard was that you got an interview for both Maccas and Woolies? What happened?
Damn woolies didn't call me back for a second interview- I think they were looking for someone who wanted to work at the checkout for the rest of their lives- not just for a year:(
And maccas never called me back after I missed the first 3 calls- so now I'm going to get my driving hours up, get my P's and then go for a job somewhere else.
Oh well- i'm glad I'm not working over christmas cause I'm lazy

T

Testpilot

sly_skittle said:
maccas never called me back after I missed the first 3 calls
Perhaps you should call them back, after all they have an abundance of people willing to work for them-so they will not be to concerned about chasing you.

JhK89

HSC
ahhhhhhh im unemployed and ive applied for like everything!

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I've never had employment so i'll most likely do a couple of volunteering positions and then apply for a real job. I don't care about the money, i just need the experience/references.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I'm overseas at the moment and there's no chance of getting a job here. I'll probably look around once I get back to Sydney

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Guuhhhh. I've applied in so many places in the past three months now that I've lost count. :( And I'm pretty certain I'm not doing anything wrong; I've been walking around everywhere handing in resumes and assuring people I'm available 24/7 after doing the HSC, but still no luck. :mad1: The whole vibe I'm getting is that I need experience, but how on earth can I get experience if nobody will hire me? :confused:

I almost got a job last week, had two four hour trials at a sandwich place. I was happy for the experience, but the people there were really unwelcome (ie. not trying to teach or show me how to do anything and then getting frustrated when I was unsure about stuff) and I just had to get out. So yeah, no work for me yet.

(Oh, and as a side question, should they have paid me for those trials? I'm not sure, as it's the furthest I've ever gotten towards actually getting employment. :p )

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
im currently jobless...
and have no-one to blame but myself...
sheer lazinesss...i like to believe im too busy :p
but im most definitely not x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)