The Perfect Face? (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
Having had this conversation recently with a few friends, we came up with really different ideas of what was the perfect face. Shows how subjective the 'perfect face' can be. It does seem like the ideal of beauty is slowly widening, past the ecocentric beach-blonde beauties of the 80s.

Just post a few pics/names of those people whose faces you think are absolutely perfect.

Here I go:

Guys: Orlando Bloom, Ben Affleck

Girls: Kristen Kreuk, Mischa Barton, Charlize Theron

HSC
girls:

both have hot faces. (and necks arent counted as part of the face, so delta qualifies!)plus they play for the swans! yay!

as for guys

minus the eyebrows and hed be the perfect face

Last edited:

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Charlize Theron for the win.
Mischa Barton is pretty, but Charlize kicks her arse.

Ben Affleck has a bumb chin, but I still like his face.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
It's good to see that girls are troubling their minds with important issues such as whether there is such thing as a perfect face or not.

This thread reeks of people trying to find depth and meaning in superficialities. You won't find anything meaningful digging into some camp soapy actor's cheekbones.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
wheredanton said:
It's good to see that girls are troubling their minds with important issues such as whether there is such thing as a perfect face or not.

This thread reeks of people trying to find depth and meaning in superficialities. You won't find anything meaningful digging into some camp soapy actor's cheekbones.
You must be ugly.

deadnature

HSC
wheredanton said:

Well said...

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

omg
ive just fallen in love with her
she doesn't have a perfect face, but its interesting and i prefer that <3

nick of course
most perfect face out of them all

did i mention i hate beautiful people. whilst wanting to kiss them

HSC
N/A
Technically the Mona Lisa is the most "perfect" face due to the fact that it's "perfectly proportionate" according to the weird number that uses 1, 6 and 3 (in some order). So technically anything that has equal proportions to that "magic" number is also perfect :p

As for me, a perfect face generally lies along the same proportion lines. That being said, utter perfection can get boring...which is where we start to like "interesting" faces such as eurasian and "striking" faces like Angelina Jolie. :)

Speaking of which, one of the girls in my mentor group today looks so much like Angelina Jolie... green eyes, same lips, same sort of ethnic/exotic look. It was so hard to avoid totally gawking at her, she was so gorgeous!!!

monique66

My friend did an experiment for science one year and it turned out that more symmetrical your face is the more likelihood people will perceive you as beautiful. Having said that, an interesting/exotic look always appeals to me...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't see what the point of this exercise is. "Perfection" is incredibly dull anyway. Sure these people are pretty to look at, but meh. I'd get bored.

I've always been drawn towards 'average' guys complete with quirks and imperfections. It's what makes a person interesting.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Lundy said:
I don't see what the point of this exercise is. "Perfection" is incredibly dull anyway. Sure these people are pretty to look at, but meh. I'd get bored.

I've always been drawn towards 'average' guys complete with quirks and imperfections. It's what makes a person interesting.
oath

selurkcin

HSC
N/A
go_swans said:
girls:

both have hot faces. (and necks arent counted as part of the face, so delta qualifies!)plus they play for the swans! yay!

as for guys

minus the eyebrows and hed be the perfect face
suprise suprise!

HSC
N/A
damnation said:
My friend did an experiment for science one year and it turned out that more symmetrical your face is the more likelihood people will perceive you as beautiful. Having said that, an interesting/exotic look always appeals to me...
Yup. Symmetry, proportion and a fusion of "adult" and "baby" features are scientifically the most appealing (because they all symbolise good health - eg full lips - which is a requirement in a mate. Damn I know too much of this stuff).

I'm with damnation, I love an interesting/exotic look. Perfection makes me think "oh yeah they have good bone structure" whereas when you look at someone who has an interesting face (whether exotic, "unflawed" or not) you kinda linger over them for a while, you know? More character :)

EDIT: To reply to the original question, yeah - I notice a trend too. Back in the 50s they had the whole Stepford Wives thing going, the 60s was all wide-eyed twiggy-like, and these days basically anything goes... :)

volition

arr.
HSC
I reckon Delta Goodrem has a fairly 'perfect' face, but that's just me

pinkballerina18

HSC
Charlize

Charlize Theron all the way! I like her better with black hair though...I also think Nicole Kidman is gorgeous. She doesn't have a 'perfect' face, but there is something captivating about her. I guess you could call it the X factor...Brad Pitt has a perfect face, too and so does that James Bond guy. I can't think of his name now...And Elvis had a perfect face...I think you all get the point now.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
MiuMiu said:
I like high foreheads on girls, I think they're hot....ie Mena Suvari

Oh I love you already. I have a weirdly high forehead that i think is my worst feature, its the reason i have a fringe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)