The Photography Thread (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
Jamie, thats about right..
i've got a few photos of that walkway taken last yr..shall upload it when i have the time

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A

Preview:

Pretty nifty program. Have to find the rest of my photos. Some on my DA account.

Just to be fancy here - ISO400, F/2.8.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cyan - me either! i didn't know the trees met at the top like an arch
bscienceboi - i really like the bell picture

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
I walked that way quite often last sem, and I walk n enjoy the view too :p

hmm, Probably I should take a picture of TODAY's walkway. That will make a real comparison :p Before and After LOL

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i registered my interest in joining the photo club but i have had no confirmation, so asylum, count me in!!!

^___^
HSC
if we are to affiliate with SAM this sem/year, we are too late
but we can affiliate with MUSC anytime of the year..but atm we are trying to draft out our plans properly so that once we register the club, we know exactly where we are heading

*hopeful*

HSC
i got that lil penguin 2 ! i think we got those glasses as well...yay :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
i got that lil penguin 2 ! i think we got those glasses as well...yay :p
The penguins from o-week, but you also have the same glasses? grooooovy! :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
UNSW Photography Club said they will accept invitations for joint events with Macquarie :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the news mate :) At this stage we're kinda looking at a Semester II induction so stay tuned ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Due to a variety of reasons: time, planning, VSU, the photography club we envisioned was probably more of a pipe dream than anything. A lack of a dark room, and funding/sponsorship probably dented any real attempts before it got off the ground. But the thought remained in my head at least, of finding an alternative.

Perhaps spurned on by Jimmy's own sig, I propose a Digital Photography Hobby Club. Rather than the enthusiast one prior, this one will be solely focused on people taking photos and having fun. The idea being, that we will have an online presence and perhaps a weekly meeting, where the club will be assigned a theme. Say 'roses'. And all members would have to take photos of their interpretation of the theme, and present them, either by uploading to the site or to an image holding site, like photobucket (to save on server costs) and by process of voting/judging, the best 5 entries will be published in a sig style/banner style or portfolio style publication on the website.

At this stage, I think the overall costs should be down, with the only needs being, a camera, access to the internet, and creativity. We'd like to expand this to perhaps be a simultaneous inter-varsity thing, as to maintain a high amount of 'constestants' and to allow for a diversity of ideas and opinions. We could also plan additional events, and perhaps talk to some publications and see if we can't get it published per week as a filler in some sort of newsletter :)

Thoughts?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i'm there!!!!

Kegs

HSC
Sounds great. I still like the idea of a dark room and the like. That would be awesome to have a photo room on campus. If I had a digital camera, I would so be in. Maybe I can scam one off a friend once a week.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
sounds groovy.

And i like to second the liking of the idea of the so called 'dark' room. I hear much creativity occurrs in such places.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Our uni has a darkroom.

And I'm now Vice President of the UNSW PhotoClub (though I prefer JUNIOR VP) and the idea to have a cross-campus-slash-social-gathering (something similar to the Trivia night coming up for Film society) came up again. So I'm sure we can organise something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)