The Picture of Dorian Grey (1 Viewer)

Cerry

HSC
I'm wanting to use the 1945 film or 1976 BBC version of The Picture Of Dorian Grey for a supp text for Individual and society, but neither of the local video stores has it, and the only download I've been able to find are the 2005 version, which is apparently shocking.
I can't find anywhere in Australia that sells it online, and I'm disinclined to try and get it from overseas because of the region issues with DVD players. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get a copy?

slowjam10

HSC
Cerry said:
I'm wanting to use the 1945 film or 1976 BBC version of The Picture Of Dorian Grey for a supp text for Individual and society, but neither of the local video stores has it, and the only download I've been able to find are the 2005 version, which is apparently shocking.
I can't find anywhere in Australia that sells it online, and I'm disinclined to try and get it from overseas because of the region issues with DVD players. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get a copy?
I don't know If I'll be of much help, but you might want to try your local library or if you wanted to purchase it, you could try www.ezydvd.com.au or www.amazon.com (this is an american online store, but they do ship to Australia, however, you must be able to play Region 1 DVD'S).

Just to note, it has been shown on SBS before and is repeated quite regularly, if that helps.

Also there is a site called www.surfthechannel.com which streams movies and tv shows, might also be an option.

Hope that helps and by the way its a great movie - love Angela Lansbury!!!:)

Cerry

HSC
My dad actually managed to hunt down a copy for me at the library about half an hour after I posted that (library hadn't even occured to me, i haven't been in there for ages), but thanks for the suggestions. Might investigate surf the channel to see if i can find the 1945 version, because the BBC one is very toned down and BBCish, and not really what I was expecting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)