• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the pill or condoms? which makes sex better? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
test for whether you or you gf has saggy boobies: stick a pencil underneath and it it stays there then you've got saggy boobies

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
jumb said:
That's because your buying extra extra extra small ones!

That's why theyre too big.
I was waiting for that ;)

BabySilver

HSC
Everyone has their own thoughts.. my ex was werid and insisted on condoms because they made it cleaner (what the?) I prefered to take the pill, but now I have an implanon implant.. so I don't even have to worry about taking my pill... just have a brusied arm for a week...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
out of curiousity, what are those implants like? do you have any statistics on their effectiveness.

neo_o i sympathise. If you're large in the girth arena but not so much in length (please don't take offence!!) then the 5 minute fumble is a common occurence.... :(

BabySilver

HSC
they are just as effective as the pill.. slightly more due to no lack of human error (ie you don't have to worry about remembering)
It's a little painful f atm but that's more due to brusing. I actully can't feel it that much as I rammed the otherside of my arm against a door and it hurts more.
I loked it up on the net and asked friends who had them about it first.. it's called implanon, you can actully find a firbit on them out there.

Candypants

CONNECTION makes sex better!!!

I use both the pill and condoms. One can never be too safe. It doesn't feel any different to me whether he's wearing a condom or not.
And I'll never let them inside me unprotected if they haven't had an STD test.

neo_o said:
Guy butts in : I hate condoms. I also hate the awkward 5 minutes while i try to force the damn thing on.
Does it actually take you five entire minutes? That's a long time.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
implant girl, give us more details? do you still get your period once a month and everything?

personally i think the pill is better than condoms, just for the feel of it, but if i werent in a secure long-term r/ship i would NEVER rely solely on that method. condoms are the only method of contraception which will protect against stds! it could be argued as well that condoms are better than the pill cos the pill has been known to interfere w/ hormones ... i.e affect a woman's sex drive. so how can sex be better if you dont want it in the first place??

generally tho the pill shouldnt have any ill effects as long as youre on the right one
(i recommend yasmin)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Candypants said:
I use both the pill and condoms. One can never be too safe. It doesn't feel any different to me whether he's wearing a condom or not.
yep me 2! on da pill, and condomz 4 the guy!! no girl should soely rely on a pill

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
who here has had blood tests for AIDS and STDs? if you haven't you should- never know when your life goes down the Intensive Care drain...

BabySilver

HSC
Implant girl.. that's an attractive nickname!

Ok I only got it done tuesday, I have a couple of friends who have had it longer, one for a couple of months the other for a couple of years. They don't get their periods monthly but as i found out with one yesterday you have to watch yourself. My friend hadn't had a period all year till 2 weeks ago and has been bleeding since, the doctor said it was just a build up of lining and to go on the pill for a month.

The cost.. well the only people i know who have gotten it done have Health care cards so it costs $3.80. My doctor did say it's about the cost of a normal script which is usually between $16-$25 roughly. What you do is go to the doc, ask him if he does it, then if he does, he will give you a script to take to the chemist, on the first day or so of your next period get that script filled, take the box to him & get it implanted. I am big wuss and can't stand needles or anything like that It's a sharp jab for the anesthetic. then I felt it slightly as I don't go completly numb, it's a prick as they put in the applicator and then push the implant in.

If you do get it, don't freak out at the size of the box. the box is maybe 40cm long and about 5cm wide.. most of this space is taken up by the sterile box & the applicator. It lasts for 3 years but if during those 3 years you meet someone and decide you want children your fertility returns within like 2 weeks.

Also another point here i have learnt from my mother & my friends parents.. if you are in a realationship.. tell your mother you are getting it. if she's anything like the mums i know she will be proud of you for thinking ahead and making sure you are infact protected. mothers know about the heat of the passion thing and knowing that their daughter is covered should that happen may give them the peace of mind.

Anything else you want to know feel free to contact me..

BabySilver

HSC
Komaticom said:
who here has had blood tests for AIDS and STDs? if you haven't you should- never know when your life goes down the Intensive Care drain...
I've been tested!
I was always going to go and get it done, but have a severe feear of needles. So when I was hospitalised in june they asked if they could do it. I could refuse to if i wanted to as if I did get tested and they found out i was positive then I would haave to understand the implications. there was like a full page theng to read on it but i was a tad out of it so i just singed it .

I basically thought they were taking blood from me anyway what's a little more.. all they had to do was get me to bleed first.

They never told me that i had anything so i am guessing I am safe.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm HIV negative. I'll need to have another needle in 3 months to confirm that... *grumble grumble* suck up my life fluids into a bottle *grumble grumble*

BabySilver

HSC
Komaticom said:
I'm HIV negative. I'll need to have another needle in 3 months to confirm that... *grumble grumble* suck up my life fluids into a bottle *grumble grumble*
Can I ask if there is anyreason you chose to take the test.. or just outta curiousity

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
He has regular orgies with random strangers.

Otherwise there would be no point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)