the pill (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
no clinical studies on the risk-benefits of running through the pill for more than 1 month

so it is really theoretical risk... personally i feel its ok and you could just do it if you felt lik going on a beach holiday...

there is known risks of spotting if a person usually has large periods.. so tampon it just in case :)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
no clinical studies on the risk-benefits of running through the pill for more than 1 month

so it is really theoretical risk... personally i feel its ok and you could just do it if you felt lik going on a beach holiday...

there is known risks of spotting if a person usually has large periods.. so tampon it just in case :)
i can't wear tampons unless i actually have my periods

so when i'm spotting it sucks

it's just too light and awkward to be wearing a tampon for me.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
- There is no medical evidence that one must have regular periods and that skipping periods for long stretches of time is unsafe, and there was no medical justification to adding the "period" week to the pill when it was first released. It was done to appeal the religious masses by not messing around with "nature" more than the pill was already doing, and the manufacturers just kept with it.
- You can cease your period for long periods of time with no apparent risk to your long-term reproductive health
- Yadda yadda, why would you have a period when you don't have to? There is no medical need to have a period. Out with the traditionalistic week of grossness and anaemia, my friends!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
There are 4 or 7 inactive pills, depending on the type of pill you're taking. They're usually white.

The active pills are the more numerous ones, should be 21 or 24 of them.

When I skipped my period on my last pill, my skin freaked out and my boobs hurt so I think I'll wait until I'm adjusted to this new pill before I give it a go. I dunno, I don't mind having a period. They're really short and light and I don't get cramps or anything. But yeah, why have one when you can choose not to. Even if I just skip every other period.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I have a period about every 3rd cycle...I know you can skip for pretty much forever without fucking anything up but I just feel weird leaving it for too long. Plus after a long while of constant pill-taking I start to feel a bit bleh just generally, you know tired and headachy all the time.

wake_tonight

HSC
But you're already taking 7 sugar pills, what difference does 8 days make? Surely any time you go back on the active pills, you won't be protected for the first week? But yeh, that's a good point..
The idea of most monophasic pills is that you can take 21 active pills and be protected for the 7 days of inactive pills. Any longer than 7 days of sugar pills and you won't be protected (as long as you've taken the entire month of active pills). If I slip up, I usually follow the 7 day rule (7 active pills before I'm protected again). I'm on yasmin ftr.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
- There is no medical evidence that one must have regular periods and that skipping periods for long stretches of time is unsafe, and there was no medical justification to adding the "period" week to the pill when it was first released. It was done to appeal the religious masses by not messing around with "nature" more than the pill was already doing, and the manufacturers just kept with it.
- You can cease your period for long periods of time with no apparent risk to your long-term reproductive health
- Yadda yadda, why would you have a period when you don't have to? There is no medical need to have a period. Out with the traditionalistic week of grossness and anaemia, my friends!
i agree with this, however, the doctor and my little booklet says that some people use that week as a reassurance that they're not preggers.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
guys quick q

i'm almost finished my third pack of diane and need a new one
however i won't be able to afford new pack til next week lol

i do have a fair few microgyn pills left though and i want to skip my period
if i do take the microgyn until i get a new supply of diane [which should be early next week], do you think it will stuff around with the effects of diane?

rozymisty

HSC
hm hard to say. give it a try and see how you go. You might get a bit of spotting, but i guess it depends on how strong each pill is.

Good luck

pinkcheeks, i know how you feel...this week i got my period when i was at work and i had that really heavy feeling in my stomach and felt like i was going to faint several times. Ended up taking tuesday off which wasnt good when i had just started there.

Quick question, do you avoid going swimming when you have your period even when you are using tampons? Coz a few years ago when i did go swimming, it felt like the tampon got full of water and so when i got out i had that feeling like the tampon was full.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i think microgyn is just a very basic pill .. i'm going to have to do it i guess

oh and tampon thing? i've never felt that :S

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Can't you ask someone for a loan of money? I don't know if Diane is the same price but I've just gone back on Brenda and it was just under $40 for 3 months I think. I'm not sure playing around with pills is the best idea (though I guess fine if you have to).

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
thought i would ask here also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys
it's me

is it true that if you take 10 standard contraceptive pills, it constitutes the morning after pill?

a boser said it once, but idk. i can't find anything on the net.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ Agreed with the above post, this is not something to muck around with! If you are not mature enough to go and get contraception or emergancy contraception if the need arises, you should not be having sex and if there are other circumstances (like rape) then get help asap.
I have a friend who went to get it and it wasnt that bad, just go and take someone if you neeed to

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
um yeah don't mess around with it, just go get the morning after pill, they're not going to shout out your request from the rooftops or embarrass you so just go.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
wikipedia said:
The progestin-only method uses the progestin levonorgestrel in a dose of 1.5 mg, either as two 750 μg doses 12 hours apart, or more recently as a single dose.

The combined or Yuzpe regimen uses large doses of both estrogen and progestin, taken as two doses at a 12-hour interval. This method is now believed to be less effective and less well-tolerated than the progestin-only method. It is possible to obtain the same dosage of hormones, and therefore the same effect, by taking several regular combined oral contraceptive pills.
My BC pill, Monofeme, contains 150 μg of Levornogestrel per tablet (and 30 μg of Ethinyloestradiol, or oestrogen.). Theoretically, you could get the same effect by taking 10 pills (or two doses of 5, separated by 12 hours), but I wouldn't recommend it.

Get a morning after pill.

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
no no no no lol

i just have a pack of microgyn pills left - 7 to be exact. and i was going to throw them away when i thought, can't i use this as morning after contraceptive? so thought i'd ask.

but thanks guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)