the pill (1 Viewer)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
okay okay okay okay...SO! (man, why didn't my GP explain this to me :/ )
In the FIRST packet, because I've already taken 7 active pills during my period, I'd be due to start the placebo pills in my 3rd week- thus, because of withdrawal, it would bring on 'withdrawal bleeding' ya?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah.

It might take a few days for your body to catch up, but just carry on. Take note of how you feel, as far as mood swings and what not go. See if your pill fits you.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Hey guys,

Couple of months ago I went off Yaz, then missed my period, I wasn't worried about it because I wasn't active, anyway I started a new relationship so I went back on Yaz, I'm on second month now and I've got 2 active pills before my sugar ones and I'm starting to get breakthrough bleeding. I know it's probably nothing I should be worried about. I've been taking it around the same time every day and I did have my period last month, however a condom did break on 3 days ago but I figured it's nothing I should be worried about. Then I looked breakthrough bleeding up on google and it came up with implantation bleeding which freaked me out abit. Anyway just wanted some confirmation that I'm ok haha

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I wouldn't be worried. You went off the pill, so your body is getting back into the swing of being on it. Spotting is fairly common.

See what happens when you actually start the sugar pills.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
my girlfriend is finding levlen to not be that great with regularity or whatever, she was on Valette before and it had much better results and also epic boobs but costs like 4x that of Levlen as it is not on the PBS. Are there any comparable varieties on the PBS?

edit: it contains Dienogest 2mg; Ethinyloestradiol 30ug

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
my girlfriend is finding levlen to not be that great with regularity or whatever, she was on Valette before and it had much better results and also epic boobs but costs like 4x that of Levlen as it is not on the PBS. Are there any comparable varieties on the PBS?

edit: it contains Dienogest 2mg; Ethinyloestradiol 30ug
These are the PBS ones
pbs.gov.au - Consumers - Search results

I don't see anything comparable but perhaps she should ask her doctor for something different? Maybe something different to them both? Sometimes it can take a while to find the right one.

How long has she been in Levlen? I guess I am lucky levlen works fine for me and is cheap

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
idk 6 months now? yeah defos changing either back or to something else though.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Hey guys,

Couple of months ago I went off Yaz, then missed my period, I wasn't worried about it because I wasn't active, anyway I started a new relationship so I went back on Yaz, I'm on second month now and I've got 2 active pills before my sugar ones and I'm starting to get breakthrough bleeding. I know it's probably nothing I should be worried about. I've been taking it around the same time every day and I did have my period last month, however a condom did break on 3 days ago but I figured it's nothing I should be worried about. Then I looked breakthrough bleeding up on google and it came up with implantation bleeding which freaked me out abit. Anyway just wanted some confirmation that I'm ok haha
i have switched between yaz and yasmin. i know that it took a while for my body to kick into gear. i was like absolute clockwork so when i switched to yaz that has a shorter sugar pill cycle, my body was thrown out because it was used to having a seven day window. i do remember getting spotting when my period would normally be even though it was in the middle of active tablets, so i assume that kind of adjusting is normal

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
If you want to skip your period you throw away the sugar pills and start taking the active tablets from the next pack straight away.
That's what I do, it pretty much gets rid of my PMT and when I do have periods they're very light compared to before I started the pill. Before I started the pill I had an extreme iron deficiency and very heavy periods that made me sick.

God I love modern medicine!

(I'm on Levonorgestrel)

bio_nut

HSC
That's what I do, it pretty much gets rid of my PMT and when I do have periods they're very light compared to before I started the pill. Before I started the pill I had an extreme iron deficiency and very heavy periods that made me sick.

God I love modern medicine!

(I'm on Levonorgestrel)
Me too, but I can't skip mine for more than a few months without getting bad breakthrough bleeding and horrible pain.

Even the withdrawal bleed on the pill is horrible. :( Have changed before as was spotting all the time after not for 3 years. Actually, could skip more months on that one too. Grr. :s

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i skip mine so that they only come once every 3 months and that works perfectly. since taking the pill i have gotten really bad headaches and nausea/pain every time i go on the sugar pills so it's better getting that once every 3 months

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Me too, but I can't skip mine for more than a few months without getting bad breakthrough bleeding and horrible pain.

Even the withdrawal bleed on the pill is horrible. :( Have changed before as was spotting all the time after not for 3 years. Actually, could skip more months on that one too. Grr. :s
That sucks. I'm always able to skip about 3 months, wouldn't want to go longer. One of the first ones I tried made me spot a lot, I guess its about finding the right one.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
question

does breakthrough bleeding indicate less effectiveness against ze babies

cause i started on yasmin while i wasn't in a relationship but ive kinda started seeing someone lately. and i tend to get breakthough bleeding when i try to skip periods on it so yeh.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
question

cause i started on yasmin while i wasn't in a relationship but ive kinda started seeing someone lately. and i tend to get breakthough bleeding when i try to skip periods on it so yeh.
i dont think skipping periods means that the tablet is less effective, if you are skipping your period and getting spotting when it otherwise would come, isn't this just a sign that your body is adjusting to not having your period?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
question

I have a friend who is on Yasmin and she said its very sensitive, like if she misses just one she starts breakthrough bleeding...I think because its a lower level or hormones or somethings...Perhaps just check it by your doctor incase its a sign that its not strong enough, I don't think it would be serious but i'd find it really annoying. I've never really understood the breakthrough bleeding with the skipping periods thing, if you continue without a break why would bleeding occur? I don't skip that much so I am not 100% sure

Last edited:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
question

Y'know, I've never actually taken the pill as an anti-baby measure. Never needed to.

So I'd suggest asking your doctor sorry :( cause I use it primarily for PMT.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I have a friend who is on Yasmin and she said its very sensitive, like if she misses just one she starts breakthrough bleeding...I think because its a lower level or hormones or somethings...Perhaps just check it by your doctor incase its a sign that its not strong enough, I don't think it would be serious but i'd find it really annoying. I've never really understood the breakthrough bleeding with the skipping periods thing, if you continue without a break why would bleeding occur? I don't skip that much so I am not 100% sure
i have never, ever had any spotting or breakthrough bleeding on yasmin.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ok so:

i have been on the pill almost four years, and for 98% of that time have been on yasmin. for about 90% of this time i have been skipping my period so that it comes every 3 months, instead of every month

i had a bit of a mix up with my packets this time around, and without realising it, went straight into a four month cycle. i accidentally missed a tablet from the 3rd week of the 3rd month pack so following the instructions, i have stayed on the active tablets and now I am just at the start of my fifth packet.

last thursday i started to get spotting, pretty much for the same duration with the same amount of discomfort as my normal period, but nowhere near as heavy. it comes pretty much exactly a month later from when i would usually get my period. this is normal given the mixup, yes?

also, is it reasonably safe for me to see out the end of my packet given the spotting has occurred? what i mean to say is that i havent stopped taking the active tablets and wish to continue to see out the rest of this packet so that i have taken a 6month cycle, with this small amount of bleeding 4months in

obviously i am going to the doctor/pharmacist but someone might have an answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)