The Prestige (1 Viewer)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I was really impressed with The Prestige atually, i went into it- having seen the trailer a few times and you know gone 'Oh yeah, doesn't look too bad', so I went to see it- it was fantastic.
Like a few, I left the seat going 'HUH?! and was confused for a bit, until I sat back in the car and was like 'OOOOH"
I loved the fact that it wasn't spelt out to the audience from go, but still left you guessing right to the end (and in some slower cases, after the movie had finished).
LOVED Hugh Jackman in the movie.
Christian Bale was great too.
:)

Yay for the movie.

jest

HSC
this was a really good movie, kept me interested the whole time. i didn't really like the ending and i don't like christian bale's character (i can't remember his name)

Legham

HSC
I had low expectations of this movie, just because we saw it on a school excursion and the teachers picked it out :p But, i loved it! I wanna see it again, to see if i pick up on anything else the second time round.. Might have to see if the 'internet shop' has it available for 'purchase' >_>

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jest said:
this was a really good movie, kept me interested the whole time. i didn't really like the ending and i don't like christian bale's character (i can't remember his name)
Why?

Christian Bale was the good guy all along. You sided with Jackman at first but you realise Bale sacraficed so much more and Jackman was the one who really started the feud.

By the way I've seen this movie twice. It lets out a lot of clues, and quite frankly that suggestion from that imdb member is totally incorrect. She must be dumb if she claims to have seen it twice.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Loved it!!:) Very good plot and finished with a twist

jest

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Why?

Christian Bale was the good guy all along. You sided with Jackman at first but you realise Bale sacraficed so much more and Jackman was the one who really started the feud.

By the way I've seen this movie twice. It lets out a lot of clues, and quite frankly that suggestion from that imdb member is totally incorrect. She must be dumb if she claims to have seen it twice.

it was the way he portrayed his character, played him to look evil in the quiet way (does that make sense? i can't really explain it properly lol), made me feel less empathetic towards him

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
That movie was awesome, Brogan's link kind of confused me though. The narration at the end was genius, wow Nolan. Of course the machine worked, the film simply was the prestige in the sense that it never happened, its a movie.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jest said:
it was the way he portrayed his character, played him to look evil in the quiet way (does that make sense? i can't really explain it properly lol), made me feel less empathetic towards him
That's the point though. Wasn't it fun? You got fooled, and I love movies that keep you guessing.

jest

HSC
i watched the movie for the second time while i was on the plane. i realised something:
i think angierre's (if that's how you spell it) double is the real bad guy, not angierre himself. and fallon was so pushy at the beginning of the movie (about the tricks and the knot on the rope stuff)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hm, I didn't think of the two during that time. He hadn't been introduced yet?

Well. I'm just content that it kinda blurs who's the good and bad guy, so you just realise its just a series of unfortunate events, and terrible things accumulating ontop of one another. Not every movie has to have one certain good guy and one certain bad guy :)

*shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)