• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The problem of outlaw bikies (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: Fuckin' bikies!

Until someone actually commits a crime, as opposed to being simply aligned with people who may regularly engage in crime, we can not simply stop them from participating in social activities. I mean, it's almost like saying- I think football players have little moral values, are violent and a menance to society- lets ban anyone who has anything to do with the sport.
this

ROBD09

HSC
The solving of these bikie issues doesn't lie in the outlawing or legislating against the one percenters. The only reason for the sudden rise in violence and prevalence of bikie issues is because of general tension between the gangs in relation to turf wars and drug trading.

You don't solve a problem by simply outlawing them or making their actions and social events illegal. For example, drugs and drug trading are highly illegal, yet are the main source of income for most bikie gangs.

My opinion of controlling these gangs is to not oppress them with ridiculous legislations and possibilities of outlawing. Allow the heads of each gangs to have a few peace talks. Let them work through their own issues together which should keep the issues away from the general society.

Barmble

HSC

We need our civil liberties to be criminals.

ROBD09

HSC

We need our civil liberties to be criminals.
Yet in becoming criminals, and getting caught, we lose our civil liberties. A paradox if ever I saw one.

Gloves

HSC
The solving of these bikie issues doesn't lie in the outlawing or legislating against the one percenters. The only reason for the sudden rise in violence and prevalence of bikie issues is because of general tension between the gangs in relation to turf wars and drug trading.

You don't solve a problem by simply outlawing them or making their actions and social events illegal. For example, drugs and drug trading are highly illegal, yet are the main source of income for most bikie gangs.

My opinion of controlling these gangs is to not oppress them with ridiculous legislations and possibilities of outlawing. Allow the heads of each gangs to have a few peace talks. Let them work through their own issues together which should keep the issues away from the general society.
They've been having their little "talks" since the start, and nothing has ever come out of them.

ROBD09

HSC
They've been having their little "talks" since the start, and nothing has ever come out of them.
But that is a result of a heavy police presence more than anything restricting what they talk about, and even the time they have.

I remember reading in the Telegraph that a legislation was soon to be passed (if it hasn't already) about restricting bikie gangs from congregating. Tell me how we expect bikies to sort shit out, if they legally aren't allowed to meet? Not that laws have stopped them in the past, but can you see my point?

The reality of it all, is that if they started the issues, they should be able to end the issues.

On a side note, I didn't previously see a mention about the gang 'Notorious' who are a major factor in these wars, yet are not "bikies". They are, as far as I am aware, a criminal gang for the sake of crime, rather than a criminal gang for the sake of a gang as the bikies are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)