The Procrastination Problem... (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yes yes i think we all have the procrastination problems. my one is up and down. somedays i feel so motivated to do work and others i just want to just sleep for the rest of the year. that is what im feeling at the moment. i have to finish modern hw but i really can't be bothered to do it at the moment ><" the best thing i guess is once you start studying just keep pushing yourself. take little breaks and do as much as possible. after you finished that long study session you will feel like you can achieve anything and thus it will boost a lot of morale into you !

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I'm shocking I procrastinate constantly, I don't think it's something anyone grows out of I mean I have a Maths assignment due in 8 days and I'm absolutely doing anything to avoid it. BOS is my distraction from all things mathematically related :uhhuh:

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
we just got a laptop with wireless so now i sit in my room browsing through this site instead of doing my assingments which are due real soon (it ok i have 8 hrs left to finish it) but yet i don't seem to find the motivation to do it till about 4 or 5am the day it is due. some how i need to block myself from this site so i can never return *fetchs icecream and eats*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Glen Anderson said:
we just got a laptop with wireless so now i sit in my room browsing through this site instead of doing my assingments which are due real soon (it ok i have 8 hrs left to finish it) but yet i don't seem to find the motivation to do it till about 4 or 5am the day it is due. some how i need to block myself from this site so i can never return *fetchs icecream and eats*
There was another member from the forums who asked Lazarus to ban him from the site so he could concentrate on his school work and assignments. If you're desperate, you could try that too. ;)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I posted earlier in this thread, but I wanted to draw you guys' attention to this handy little program (since an edit won't bump up the thread):

http://www.webjillion.com/archives/2005/08/01/free-software-temptation-blocker/

It's called Temptation Blocker and I'm using atm to restrict my use of BOS (since I got broadband, it's become all too easy to procrastinate for hours on BOS). The only problem is, it blocks programs rather than websites, and works only on Windows operating software. However, you can always disable it if you really need to, but to do so you need to enter a long, long string of digits and letters, which is just plain annoying and takes at least two attempts to get right, so that's a good deterrent as well as allowing you to use the blocked program if you really need to.

rissoleux

HSC
i was alwayssss a "ive got pleeenntttyyy of time" person, until i realised that just really wasnt working, so i start assesments as soon as i get them now and i'm doing much better, more prepared. I occasiionally slip though!

s2indie

HSC
I'm a major procrastinator as I leave all my assessments till the night before, but because I always finish by 12 or earlier, the whole sleeping pattern really doesnn't phase me. So then, it doesn't really ever encourage me to start any other assessments any earlier.
Except my physics one, which I'm gona start about ...now, and is due next Tuesday. Hope I finish it.

passion89

HSC
Motivation kills procrastination. So what you've got to do is find what motivates you and keep telling yourself 'I want to do well because...' and slowly the procrastination should stop :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Agreed with everything said above. Procrastination is apart of every HSC student its how you deal with it that makes or breaks you.

Elise73

HSC
PaleReflection said:
Procrastination is more of a problem when it doesn't actually have long term consequences. If you do an all nighter for an assignment and get 60%, then you're less likely to repeat the situation for your next assignment. But when you do an all-nighter and get band 5 or 6, it sucks, because you keep putting assignments off time and time again and your bad habit becomes worse.
Sounds as if you're describing myself...
I have chucked an all-nighter on at least four assessments and gotten over 98% for all of them.
It blows.
Especially because i do drama, art and english extension 2. That's 4 majors.
I haven't even started my ext.2 one.
I sit here thinking about how completely fucked i am, yet i get distracted with the internet and reading. I have too many good books. I keep telling myself i will eventually need one of them to use as a related text for something or other...it's a pretty good excuse to continue reading.

I can't see my habits changing at all.
It's bad, but I don't think not getting a UAI of 90 will cause me to end my life.
There are so many more important things in life.
Although it'd be nice if i knew what i wanted to do. Or if i had the slightest idea...

Completely off topic but, does anyone know of any study days in the school hols? In Sydney, perhaps?

Ciao.:santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)