• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the purpose of pickups (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
My best pickup line, btw. I approach a group of girls.

Why a group? -> the girls don't feel threatened, or intimidated, and the guy doesn't come off as sleazy as he's engaging the whole group in conversation.

I then pull out my cock and cum all over their faces.

edit: not rly.

"I was reading some articles on wikipedia and found that 97% of women masturbate in the shower. the other 3% sing. do u know what they sing?"
"No... what do they sing"
"Ah, so you must be the ones that masturbate then"

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
My best pickup line, btw. I approach a group of girls.

Why a group? -> the girls don't feel threatened, or intimidated, and the guy doesn't come off as sleazy as he's engaging the whole group in conversation.

I then pull out my cock and cum all over their faces.

edit: not rly.

"I was reading some articles on wikipedia and found that 97% of women masturbate in the shower. the other 3% sing. do u know what they sing?"
"No... what do they sing"
"Ah, so you must be the ones that masturbate then"
haha dude "The Game" is good, but the material is over used (with Mystery's VH1 show and all!) After all, it aint a 'how to' its just a story. You go up to a 'set' in sydney and go- "Hey guys, I only got 30 seconds but who lies more girls/guys" and they laugh and go- "Neil Strauss, for telling you this would work."

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
but you see, girls dont read the game. why would they?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
but you see, girls dont read the game. why would they?
All my friends who are girls have- we discuss it reguarly when guys "sarge them". But no, most dont. The point is though- you have all these 'AFC's' anchoring the classic "opinion opener' to themselves- now every attractive girl will straight away think 'loser' when she hears it. The problem is- these guys are robots, with no inner game- they are still extremely under-confident/insecure and if the material fails they get blown out, making women remember that 'type of guy'. That said, the STRUCTURE of the Mystery Method approach is fantastic- just use your own material.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
To me, it's not really the material that is suggested by Mystery, or even the processes. It's about giving under-confident and insecure guys the confidence to come up to girls and speak to them. In reality, most girls won't reject a guy straight away. However, the perception is that this is exactly what would happen: hell, this is why I had terrible confidence.

In a way, I'm one of those guys without any confidence. Yet, by knowing that this shit works for so many others, I get the confidence to come up to girls.

And all those things are no substitue for good looks and charisma. And a big cawk.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
btw, have you seen The Pickup Artist? It's a reality tv show hosted by mystery, who teaches these guys skills which they use to try pick up (they get eliminated if they fail badly). It's more useful than the books, as you can actually see how a lot of the body language stuff works (which is by far the most important thing to get right).

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
btw, have you seen The Pickup Artist? It's a reality tv show hosted by mystery, who teaches these guys skills which they use to try pick up (they get eliminated if they fail badly). It's more useful than the books, as you can actually see how a lot of the body language stuff works (which is by far the most important thing to get right).
Personally, I've never had huge confidence issues- i just read the game out of interest and thought it was fantastic the amount of thought that had gone into it- and yea, if it improves your life then by all means its a good thing. Plus, women WANT to be approached- how they 'logic' themselves on here etc (left side of brain) is different to how their attraction circuitry is made up- its right-side (emotion). No, I dont have AUSTAR but ive seen his material on dvd's from mates/youtube he has a certain aura that is for sure. But yea, im much more into 'natural game' so to speak.

skynet89

HSC
lol.

i think those opinion openers or whatever are only good in places where chicks are dressed to impress. places such as bars/clubs where they really don't care what your name is or where you're from.

In uni or other sober activities i think it's better just to start with the average small talk. but then proceed onto opinion questions. eg "getting to know" the person

skynet89

HSC
and btw

premeditated material really doesn't come out well, especially if it's word for word. it's too obvious when something is prewritten. you just gotta improvise with what's going on around you.

like that "ah you must be the ones who mastubate then" i can see that getting a big awkward silence.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
yea, "college game" is a good book. Sober places like uni is very different to the "bar/club scene" described in the game. What works for guys like Mystery there is not going to work on an intelligent, young girl at uni. That's where the power of social networking takes place- if your the 'known' guy on campus, with heaps of scoial value that is how you attract women. Back that up with cocky/funny behaviour , a cool/relaxed outlook, sharp fashion and a smile and you'll be melting hearts on every corner of the campus.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
skynet89 said:
and btw

premeditated material really doesn't come out well, especially if it's word for word. it's too obvious when something is prewritten. you just gotta improvise with what's going on around you.

like that "ah you must be the ones who mastubate then" i can see that getting a big awkward silence.
not really - it depends on your delivery. obviously you dont ever say anything word for word, the goal is to make it sound natural. It's never been met with awkward silences, unless the girls were prudish.

it's also all about getting the girls talking. there's a difference between a pick-up line and a conversation starter

skynet89

HSC
Cookie182 said:
yea, "college game" is a good book. Sober places like uni is very different to the "bar/club scene" described in the game. What works for guys like Mystery there is not going to work on an intelligent, young girl at uni. That's where the power of social networking takes place- if your the 'known' guy on campus, with heaps of scoial value that is how you attract women. Back that up with cocky/funny behaviour , a cool/relaxed outlook, sharp fashion and a smile and you'll be melting hearts on every corner of the campus.
yeh depends if you just want to get a girlfriend or you want that ladies' man status

AppleNader

HSC
Pace_T said:
you are definitely over analysing things!!!!!!

maybe guys think you're easy?

This cat has has got it hands down. This is your main problem.

Bluemoon2, you may be giving off a vibe that gives guys the impression that you would be easy or be interested in hooking up straight away. This is most likely due to you dressing somewhat like a slut, I know it's Summer now, so you can have an excuse for the next few months to wear tight shorts and mini skirts.

Guys are instintive in nature and will act on their primal urges. You parading around like a scantily clad piece of fuck meat will only help to feed the hunger.

So maybe next time you're out in places that are traditionally perceived as " non pick-up zones", you'd probably save yourself some unwanted attention if you wore jeans that weren't so tight that they show off every detail of that round, tight ass of yours( which I'm sure you're oh so proud of) and put on less make up and dressed less like a whore on call.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I've been reading through The Game for the first time - I agree it's not that great a guide as to how to pick up. There aren't many lines to experiment with, but it is a great narrative an an inspirational book. It does however provide a good framework for picking up.

Nonetheless, the books are pretty pointless imo without physically seeing PUAs in action.

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
I've been reading through The Game for the first time - I agree it's not that great a guide as to how to pick up. There aren't many lines to experiment with, but it is a great narrative an an inspirational book. It does however provide a good framework for picking up.

Nonetheless, the books are pretty pointless imo without physically seeing PUAs in action.
u can find some decent in-field footage on youtube, otherwise DVD seminars (which im sure u can find) have tonnes of footage.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
do u know of any good specific videos/seminars with good in-field stuff?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
He wants to stick his pee pee in your hoo hoo. How is this hard to get?

be.yourself

HSC
i think pick-ups are lame-ass but i guess they were invented 4 a gud purpose...a 'common purpose' for attracting an attractable being...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)