''the queen".. Need help ??? (1 Viewer)

hatyy

HSC
I have to write an essay on the queen and need info about techniques and scenes that relate to history and memory ,, please can anybody help me ??

thanks =)

Renz596

HSC
hey, im doing the queen too. personally, i think its terrible for H&M.
having trouble finding RT, as well as writing an essay

any info would be great :]

JTwin

HSC
we've just started doing this topic and have an assessment on it already.
archival footage is one of the techniques used. and you can always use dialogue and music as techniques when you're lost. or camera angles/shots. sound effects. then just spin some stuff about what they 'mean'.
good luck!

jellybelly59

HSC
lol come on people - read some critical reviews on the film and watch the movie 2+ times and you'll be fine.

Techniques:
Camera angles esp. perspective of Blair and the Queen - delve deeper and look at whether Frear's is pro-monarchist/anti-monarchist.
Facial expression
Contrast of archival footage with the acting - what is its purpose - to see the feelings of the masses at that time - the discontent with the sovereign and how this reflected upon the queen's emotions
Look at the costuming and environment - blair from a bougeois environment and the queen = upper elite - what does that tell you about the relationships
Sound effects - trumpet sounds regal superiority in the beginning
Dialogue - really from the beginning you can really tell the class difference, and your meant to feel intensity of emotions etc. etc.
All of this stuff is just very superficial until you analyse it in depth and this is just off the top of my head from last year's work so....

Look at all these techniques - what does it tell you? Despite being a historical event - history is never stagnant - it's ever changing. Why? Because in the end you get Frear's and Morgan manipulating history and our memories/others memories in an attempt to portray an event which may never have happened in that manner.

Think and be prepared to work through the movie and reviews and this module will actually be quite easy

hatyy

HSC
hey guys thanks for the help but my problem isnt the techniques its more about relating the film the queen to history and memory, e.g. how does the scenes in the queen portray history and memory.
so confusing i know god help us all =(

SpaceboyLOL

HSC
That JTwin sounds like she knows what shes talking about :p i really wish we werent doing the queen....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)