The Queen (1 Viewer)

Dimplez

HSC
Is anybody doing this text for H&M? Our teacher is away for 4 weeks and we have a substitute teacher who knows nothing about English. Our class has been given NOTHING to do and I don't know where to start...all our teacher said was to analyse the movie...and I have no clue where to start. Anyone else have any idea?:mad1:

Scoobie123

HSC
omg that sucks!!
ok well go through the film and jsut say how the colour of the painting of the queen at the beginning is cold and dark colours ettcccc, the painter is an old conservative man like the queen. The most important scene i think (&my teacher) is the stag scene
"monarch of the glen" (google the pic) is a painting of scotland & its taken off that
basically the Queen cries about EITHER:
1. herself
2. Diana's death
or 3. the monarch & its falling apart (or all 3 which is wot i think)
ok then basically the stag is stalked & killed like diana was by the press and the public does with the queen.
It's all real & fake fottage so it "blurrs the line between fact & fiction" which is what history is. All history has a perspective and history needs memory & its a construct.
Hope that helps haha im trying to find info for my assignment on it now :p good luck!:bomb:

emma-lea

HSC
man that must suck ur teacher being away i thought my teacher was bad cos she wont reply to anything i send her so i have no idea if its right..
anyways here are the notes that i wrote down when we were watching the queen, would really help u if u watched the movie again too so u understand everything better.. hope this helps you

hmm i hope it attatched

oh yeah and i always have an essay outline my teacher wrote down for this topic but i will give that to u later cos right now im off to bed

bye

jackydoll

HSC
Well for the Queen the different conflicting perspectives are:

• The public and the royal family's views of the death and personality of Diana
  • The different socio-sttuctural views eg. Prince Phillip being very traditional and conservative, Cherie Blair being an extreme modernist
  • The media portraying the Queen and Diana in contrasting views

Also look at the techniques:

• The mixture of actual footage, newspapers and dramatisations of Diana and the Queen when she returns to Buckingham Palace, her televised eulogy and the funeral etc.
  • The stag being either a symbol of Diana being fragile and a target, being hunted by the media and negativity from the royal family or the changing values of Queen Elizabeth of the monarchy going into the modern age
  • The differing settings of the Balmoral Palace and 10 Downing Street showing different places in society

and that's what I can think of right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)